Wild pets near the Garrison

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Elmosius
Pet Score:552
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Wild pets near the Garrison

Post by Elmosius » January 8th, 2015, 3:29 pm

I noticed something odd while battling Forest Spiderlings outside Lunarfall (don't know if this happens near the Horde Garrison as well). I currently have a level 2 Garrison. To the west of the Garrison, but still inside the Garrison zone, is a path down to the ocean where we beached the battleship after leaving Tannan Jungle. There are lots of Forest Spiderling wild battle pets in the area.

Initiating battle with a Forest Spiderling inside the Garrison zone causes it to fight alone, like the Arcane Eyes in Deadwind Pass. Initiating battle with Spiderlings just across the border into one of the regular Shadowmoon Valley zones triggers the usual three pet battle.

I have found this to be very helpful for leveling up pets -- I'm still working toward my first level 25, and it appears that beating a lone Spiderling awards the same pet exp as beating a three-pet team. Perhaps someone else will find this helpful too.

By the way, can someone point me to a "beginners" guide for the quest to unlock the Pet Menagerie at level 100? I don't have a raft of rare level 25s to work with.

Stormseeker
Top Rater
Pet Score:6801
BattleTag®:Stormseeker#1145
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Re: Wild pets near the Garrison

Post by Stormseeker » January 8th, 2015, 4:43 pm

That's good to know about the spiders only spawning one to fight for sure. As far as a guide for the opening battles to get menagerie unlocked i'm not sure but I'd be willing to let you borrow some pets to get it unlocked since those fights really aren't that hard. Oh you will need to have at least one level 25 pet (if you don't already) since mine are lvl 25. If you don't have lvl 25s then I still might be able to but can't say for sure since the majority of my pets are 25 or I haven't bothered leveling at all. I'll look and see if I have any duplicates that might be able to help you out some as well.

Battletag: Stormseeker#1145

Elmosius
Pet Score:552
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Elmosius » January 9th, 2015, 12:15 pm

Thanks for the offer. I'm planning to have several 25s by the time I hit 100 -- I'm just trying to figure out which ones to prioritize. Any advice which easy to find/tame/buy pets would be good for Pets Versus Pests? If you look at my collection, you will see I have a small variety of AH purchases and wild tames.

Erdinger
Pet Score:12848
BattleTag®:Goldhaar#2899
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Erdinger » January 9th, 2015, 1:34 pm

Pets vs Pests is fully doable with pets captured while levelling through Draenor, so just battle and capture away whenever you come across them :) Rares seem to appear ever so often, and since they're already around lvl 23 at capture, it doesn't take long to get them the next couple of levels. Would be an idea to capture more than 1 of the same kind too, since teams of 2-3 identical pets, like moths, work wonders in pets v pests :)