Never Final's Weekly Pet Raid DISCUSSION.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
NeverFinal
Pet Score:11088
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us
Never Final's Weekly Pet Raid DISCUSSION.

Post by NeverFinal » January 8th, 2015, 2:19 pm

This is the discussion thread for the weekly raid. Sign up thread is also posted. Keep all discussion here. Im sure an alliance member will make a similar raid thread. Im working on my own alliance so if one is not made by then then I can make it.

This post will also list the raid members. Im guessing we will have more than 10. If we have more than 25 then we will have to split the raid up. Ill also track peoples points here.
Last edited by NeverFinal on January 8th, 2015, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeverFinal

Re: Never Final's Weekly Pet Raid DISCUSSION.

Post by NeverFinal » January 8th, 2015, 7:25 pm

First: I did something stupid and killed the first boss in SoO yesterday. No pet drops from that boss so we should be fine. Not sure if i can join a fresh and just not get loot.

Second: How should we have loot set? Group loot or Personal? I know some people want transmog. In which case Personal loot may not work as you'll only get items for your spec. Also someone in the original thread said something about bonus rolls and them dropping pets.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 8th, 2015, 9:05 pm

1) Yes you can join a fresh group for SoO, you just aren't eligible for regular loot rolls off the first boss for the rest of the week.

2) As I'm not participating these are just my suggestions. The best thing to do would be to come to a group consensus on loot rules before going in.

- Set it to master looter or group loot. If you want to maintain full control over loot distribution (i.e. doing it via loot list) you will want master loot. If you want to remove the hassle of having to hand out loot and trust the group members to only roll on that which they need, then group is fine.
- Set loot threshold to Rare (the pets are all blue quality).
- Encourage everyone to go and get bonus loot roll coins of the proper type. For ToT you will need Mogu Rune of Fate, they can be purchased on Timeless Isle. For SoO you will need Warforged Seals from a questgiver on the bottom level of the Shrine. Even for the people who don't want pets, these can be used for a chance at gear and mounts.

NeverFinal

Post by NeverFinal » January 10th, 2015, 2:02 pm

Would it be beneficial for everyone who participates to have a central guild on a single server for trading purposes? I may make one later on after the raid.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 10th, 2015, 2:54 pm

Assuming the pets are all rolled for during the course of the raid you shouldn't have to do any trading at all. Pets that are rolled with bonus rolls go to the person who rolled it, unless the group decides to somehow distribute those, and in that case then yes you might want to set up some sort of easy trade option (i.e. have folks all roll alts on a particular server).

NeverFinal

Post by NeverFinal » January 10th, 2015, 5:07 pm

Thanks Peanutty.

Did ToT today. Only 3 people (including myself) showed up.

-- Sheradah (Grats on the Living Sandling that dropped)
-- NeverFinal
-- Rendigar

Additional thanks to my GM for helping us through everything. ToT is still a bit hard with only 3 people.

Will be doing SoO tomorrow January 11th @ 2pm EST. Sign up and look out for the Custom Group around 130pm EST

Sherada
Top Rater
Pet Score:7276
BattleTag®:Lirah#1310
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Sherada » January 10th, 2015, 6:05 pm

Btw this is from wowhead... second comment under mogu rune of fate... this was taken from a blue post

This currency is getting some changes in 5.4:
You can't get it from Mogu Runes of Fate! anymore, that quest is going away.
You can get them on the Timeless Isle for 1000, which doesn't take a lot of time to farm. (now hotfixed)
You can now get battle pets from bonus rolls in Throne of Thunder, so if you like pets, you should still keep some of these coins.
Throne of Thunder pets: Son of Animus from Dark Animus, Living Sandling from Council, Ji-Kun Hatchling from Ji-Kun, Living Fluid from Primordius LFR, Viscous Horror from Primordius Normal and Heroic, Pygmy Direhorn from Horridon.

NeverFinal

Post by NeverFinal » January 10th, 2015, 7:12 pm

So we by rerolls from timeless now?

Weird.

Necia
MVP
Pet Score:7950
BattleTag®:captiva#1519
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Necia » January 14th, 2015, 12:26 am

Any future plans for this coming end of week/weekend? I would have loved to join y'all last weekend but it was a little too late and my bf wanted to spend time together. :)

NeverFinal

Post by NeverFinal » January 14th, 2015, 4:30 pm

Yea right now we are running ToT on Saturday and SoO on Sunday. Both at 3pm EST. Ill update the sign up thread to reflect that.

Sherada
Top Rater
Pet Score:7276
BattleTag®:Lirah#1310
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Sherada » January 15th, 2015, 10:21 am

Hello All and Neverfinal,

Just had a suggestion... I thought if we ran personal loot this weeked we would have more chances to get the pets...that way each person has a chance vs. 1 chance per boss. Also if people get a duplicate and they dont mind trading or handing em off that can happen after the raid :), I would prefer this and I certainly dont mind making a toon on someone else's realm to give them a pet i already have. Anyway either way I had SO much fun last weekend and can't wait to go again

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 15th, 2015, 11:23 am

It wasn't personal loot? I must be losing it, but then I am not there for the pets so I'm probably just not paying attention. Actually, you are right it wasn't, I think I remember needing to click greed/pass on gear that went by that I couldn't until I received a rez (stupid overlapping boxes in my UI, I really need to fix that...). I definitely agree personal loot makes more sense (even if it wont make things more likely) - I am going purely to help others get pets, so if someone needs a pet I end up with I will willingly trade it away (and if I get to keep one to give away to friends/trade/sell, that's cool too).

NeverFinal

Post by NeverFinal » January 15th, 2015, 12:18 pm

I think we were running group loot simply because of transmog. We can run personal loot this weekend then. We definitely need more people to help speed up kill times though. I dont want to pull in PuGs if we dont have to.

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » January 16th, 2015, 7:08 pm

I should be able to make it tomorrow. Sunday is TBD at the moment.

NeverFinal

Post by NeverFinal » January 17th, 2015, 11:19 am

Unfortunately I wont be able to make todays raid for ToT. Family stuff happened unexpectedly. Ill be on for tomorrows though. I dont need anything in there anyway but was just going as an extra chance for drops.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 17th, 2015, 11:23 am

NeverFinal wrote:Unfortunately I wont be able to make todays raid for ToT. Family stuff happened unexpectedly. Ill be on for tomorrows though. I dont need anything in there anyway but was just going as an extra chance for drops.
I will set up the WarcraftPets Horde ToT Raid group (assuming I can name it what I want) at 2:45 PM EST so people can start gathering - hope it is a good family thing and not a sad occasion and we'll see you tomorrow for SoO.

Necia
MVP

Post by Necia » January 17th, 2015, 4:50 pm

I know I already said thanks to Rendigar in game but TY for leading!!! And TY to everyone else that was in group! :) Had fun this afternoon! Wishing everyone good luck tomorrow - hopefully I'll be able to make it too.