Do you stop getting pets when you get them all?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jrshoe
Pet Score:3509
Realm:Stormrage-us
Do you stop getting pets when you get them all?

Post by Jrshoe » January 7th, 2015, 3:05 pm

In the menagerie reward bag, I mean. I have all of them and since then I haven't gotten any as duplicates. Does it just stop giving them to you after you have them? Or is it just some 1/85790347689304758934757832465789423759234 chance to get them afterwards?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Do you stop getting pets when you get them all?

Post by Quintessence » January 7th, 2015, 3:24 pm

There are already a couple of threads discussing this very topic: [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12753]here[/url] and [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12380]here[/url].

No official word on what the exact drop rate on the Menagerie pets are as of yet. However, according to anecdotal evidence from multiple players, it would seem that after a toon receives a full "set" of the 7 Menagerie pets (one of each pet on a single character), the chance to receive another pet drops significantly. Duplicates seem to be possible, but it's likely a very low drop rate/chance.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 7th, 2015, 5:54 pm

Nope

#1 Pet Charms - I have alot of pets that need upgrading to rare and that's 8-9 Pet Charms I get everyda with that fight. Not going to let those go to waste even if it is a crappy fight like Beakinator. And usually you get a few extra things in the bag that can always be used

#2 Power Leveling - When it isn't a crappy fight (Like Beakinantor or other 'Fable Creature' like Pets) then usually the daily fights are a great way to power level lower level pets. Once you figure out how to do your daily battles with 2 pets then you can keep doing those Daily Garrison Battles over and over again switching out the 3rd pet and do some serious power leveling. You won't get any more rewards but you will get some serious upgrade. I think we Pet Collectors rejoice when we see Jahan and friends as the Daily Pet Battle - one of the easiest to defeat and do some serious Power Leveling. I think that day I boosted 8 pets up to level 25.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » January 7th, 2015, 7:08 pm

I have a full set and several duplicates. I keep duplicates of different breeds and AH the others.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 8th, 2015, 7:24 am

I'll add to this that one of my characters has only recevied 6 of the 7 and has not received any new pets since before Xmas (the other 3 characters I wasn't tracking, so I don't know who received what, nor what they sold or traded).

I just started 2 more characters and will be tracking them day-by-day to help gather evidence, but the problem with RNG is it takes a huge sample set when you consider the # of players there are, to do any more than guess, no matter what my results show.