Elfuego Scrappin Daily Brutus and Rukus Strategy

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Elfuego Scrappin Daily Brutus and Rukus Strategy

Post by Elfuego » December 6th, 2014, 9:19 am

Hey guys, Up next Brutus and Rukus. These two little piggys pack a punch but there no match for Lil' Bling and the awesomeness of Ion Cannon!

Brutus and Rukus Video Strategy : http://youtu.be/rJo-nZL1fFk
Brutus and Rukus Strategy Guide : http://www.wowpetbattle.com/brutus.html

Team: [pet]Lil' Bling[/pet], [pet]Tranquil Mechanical Yeti[/pet], [pet]Menagerie Custodian[/pet]

Start with Lil'bling and his [ability]Extra Plating[/ability], he's going to line up our damage stream. One its up, use[ability] Make it Rain[/ability]. That will not only hit for some good damage on the cast, but will also set a buff on the opposing TEAM for additional round damage, pretty much negating the health they get every round. From there, pop [ability]Inflation[/ability]. It will continue for a few rounds and set an extra damage debuff on [pet]Brutus[/pet] for two rounds, much like [ability]Howl[/ability]. When Lil'bling's racial is activated, reuse [ability]Make it Rain[/ability]. A few times it went critical and killed Brutus, leaving Bling up for a round to reapply [ability]Inflation[/ability], which ended up giving me 2.4k Ion Cannons, which is awesome if you can set it up. But mostly it just reset the damage debuff for the Yeti.

When bling goes down, bring in [pet]Tranquil Mechanical Yeti[/pet]. Start with [ability]Call Lightning[/ability]. It will drop 1.2k on Brutus face, if you use Ion cannon, it will drop 2.4 k, and we will recover for two rounds, so save it for Rukus. When Rukus enters, start with [ability]Fist[/ability]. From there, use [ability]Ion Cannon[/ability]. It will drop him very low, when yeti dies, bring in the [pet]Menagerie Custodian[/pet]. Depending on the health left, Start with [ability]Shock and Awe[/ability], or just [ability]Ion Cannon[/ability] him to the Face, GG little Piggys!

Team 2: [pet]Lil' Bling[/pet] and [pet]Menagerie Custodian[/pet] + whatever pet to level

Start with Lil bling, use [ability]Extra Plating[/ability], then [ability]Launch Rocket[/ability]. Afterwards, use [ability]Inflation[/ability]. it will go for 3 rounds. Once it resolves, use the rocket and nuke for about 1.8k. When Brutus goes down and Rukus comes in, switch to the level pet for 1 round. After he takes some damage, swap back to Lil Bling, he should have enough health to soak the [ability]Hunting Party[/ability]. Once he goes down swap in menagerie custodian. All it takes from here is a [ability]Shock and Awe[/ability], followed with an [ability]Ion Cannon[/ability] to the face! I wouldn't use any pets that are just starting off, id level pets that can take a 600 dmg hit from the Bloodfang.

Brutus 2 pet Video guide : http://youtu.be/jQqgcD10LpE

This version has [pet]Lil' Bling[/pet] and the [pet]Tranquil Mechanical Yeti[/pet] power leveling a pet : http://youtu.be/szws5VfBnWw

Looking forward to your success and variations!
[profile]Elfuego[/profile]
http://www.wowpetbattle.com
GET OWNED!!
Last edited by Elfuego on January 5th, 2015, 7:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Re: Elfuego Scrappin Daily Brutus and Rukus Strategy

Post by Axarien » December 7th, 2014, 3:29 pm

I really appreciate these guides you have been posting! I am just getting started with pet battles and trying to prioritize which pets I should level to 25.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » December 21st, 2014, 12:15 pm

worked like a charm

Post by Guest » December 21st, 2014, 12:52 pm

hi,
thanks a lot for the post.

Elfuego

Post by Elfuego » December 22nd, 2014, 5:09 pm

Arcana wrote:I really appreciate these guides you have been posting! I am just getting started with pet battles and trying to prioritize which pets I should level to 25.
I get so many emails each week about a " pets to have " start list. Ive been building one for the site, starting with my personal Top 10 choice pets vs what I use the most. Heres what I use the most Frequently:

[pet]Crow[/pet] S/S
[pet]Anubusath Idol[/pet]
[pet]Emerald Protowhelp[/pet]
[pet]Lil' Bling[/pet]
[pet]Pandaren Mechanical Dragonling[/pet]
[pet]Blighthawk[/pet]
[pet]Chrominius[/pet]
[pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet]
[pet]Menagerie Custodian[/pet]
[pet]Tranquil Mechanical Yeti[/pet]

So these are just a few of the top 10 I find myself always reverting back to. the Emerald Protowhelp alone can solo most fights by himself, as can Anubisath.

As your just getting into the pet battle scene, heres a link to power leveling pets on my site to help you on the way: http://www.wowpetbattle.com/powerleveling.html

I hope it helps.

GET OWNED!!

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » December 23rd, 2014, 11:26 am

Elfuego wrote:
Arcana wrote:I really appreciate these guides you have been posting! I am just getting started with pet battles and trying to prioritize which pets I should level to 25.
I get so many emails each week about a " pets to have " start list. Ive been building one for the site, starting with my personal Top 10 choice pets vs what I use the most. Heres what I use the most Frequently:

[pet]Crow[/pet] S/S
[pet]Anubusath Idol[/pet]
[pet]Emerald Protowhelp[/pet]
[pet]Lil' Bling[/pet]
[pet]Pandaren Mechanical Dragonling[/pet]
[pet]Blighthawk[/pet]
[pet]Chrominius[/pet]
[pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet]
[pet]Menagerie Custodian[/pet]
[pet]Tranquil Mechanical Yeti[/pet]

So these are just a few of the top 10 I find myself always reverting back to. the Emerald Protowhelp alone can solo most fights by himself, as can Anubisath.

As your just getting into the pet battle scene, heres a link to power leveling pets on my site to help you on the way: http://www.wowpetbattle.com/powerleveling.html

I hope it helps.

GET OWNED!!
now i need a blighthawk!

since i got my menagerie to level 3 ive been levelling pets specifically for the new content. ive been levelling things i never considered before and i still need a few. i just got a kun-lai runt last night, got electrified razortooth last week.....need sprite darter hatchling now!

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 5th, 2015, 6:17 am

These two are up again.

I'm finding that with L'il Bling/Tranquil Yeti combo you can do some power leveling with another pet provided they have some HP to withstand at least 1 hit from the pigs. Best thing to do is bring in the carry pet after bling dies, let it get a hit and then bring in Yeti to finish the job.

I have a bunch of 22-24s I'm going to get pushed up to 25 today.

Kandystryper
MVP
Pet Score:9027
BattleTag®:Squishy#1137
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kandystryper » January 5th, 2015, 10:45 am

I should have come here first lol but I finally found a trio on my own and tested it successfully & tho it was close each time, it still netted a win :) - posting this for those that might not have the OP's pets yet and to show how to do it the hard way :mrgreen:

Unborn Valk (I'm still using my B/B but my H/H should be lvl 25 today)
Spirit Crab (mine is H/S - not sure how the H/H will do)
Stitched Pup

Valk:curse of doom, then haunt - swap
Spirit crab:whirlpool - swap
Pup:consume corpse (your valk will still rez), then howl, a few diseased bite if the first boar isn't killed after howl - swap
Spirit crab:whirlpool -swap
Valk:curse of doom, shadow shock til dead
Pup:consume corpse if crab is down, if not then howl and diseased bite - my pup died each time but would always get the last diseased bite in for the win

Gorlab
Pet Score:4928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Gorlab » January 5th, 2015, 11:12 am

I think there are a lot of different combos that will work for this one. Just in the interest of sharing another, I used 1 Water Spirit and 2 Chrominius for a double GWHS.

Water Spirit:
-Geyser
-Whirlpool
-Swap to Chrominius 1
-Howl
-Surge
When he dies choose the Water Spirit
-Geyser
-Whirlpool (Spirit will die here, choose Chrominius 2)
-Howl
-Surge

Nothing special just kind of a lazy way to do it if you have 2 Chrominius.

Stormseeker
Top Rater
Pet Score:6801
BattleTag®:Stormseeker#1145
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Stormseeker » January 5th, 2015, 12:12 pm

I just wanted to add that if you are trying to do a carry pet it is possible to do it without carry pet taking any damage. Bling has 1400 hp so when his racial pops he has 280 hp left. So when he kills brutus he has used racial and rukus will use bloodfang ability which as long as it doesn't crit will only hit for 276. That leaves bling to do inflation once then get killed. Choose carry pet then immediately switch to custodian. Shock and awe then ion cannon kills brutus. Obviously if bloodfang crits then that's a different story but has worked well for me so far.

Yarl
Pet Score:5773
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Yarl » January 5th, 2015, 1:16 pm

I used [pet]Sunreaver Microsentry[/pet] and [pet]Clockwork Gnome[/pet] plus carry pet
Dot, lightning, turrets = dead piggies

Moppet
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:jilliene#1512
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Moppet » January 5th, 2015, 3:33 pm

Yarl wrote:I used [pet]Sunreaver Microsentry[/pet] and [pet]Clockwork Gnome[/pet] plus carry pet
This strat works very well and is pretty consistent!

Moves:
1. Fel Flame
2. Lightning Storm
3. Switch to Clockwork Gnome
4. Build Turret
5. Metal Fist until Turret is up again
6. Turret (Gnome will die, rip)
7. Sunreaver -> Lightning Storm
8. Carry pet with ~500hp :)

Ichebu
Pet Score:4998
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Ichebu » January 5th, 2015, 4:01 pm

Yarl wrote:I used [pet]Sunreaver Microsentry[/pet] and [pet]Clockwork Gnome[/pet] plus carry pet
Thanks for this - It worked pretty well for me today. Time to farm some piggies for more level 25 pets :P

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 5th, 2015, 9:12 pm

I used Pandaren Water Spirit, Chrominius, and a Frostwolf Pup. Geyser/Whirlpool, Howl/Surge, Chrom dies. Geyser/Whirlpool, PWS dies, Howl/Maul, Pup had 900/1400 health left.

Done.

So happy. But now, off to level a Blighthawk.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Kandystryper
MVP
Pet Score:9027
BattleTag®:Squishy#1137
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kandystryper » January 6th, 2015, 7:56 am

Moppet wrote:
This strat works very well and is pretty consistent!

Moves:
1. Fel Flame
2. Lightning Storm
3. Switch to Clockwork Gnome
4. Build Turret
5. Metal Fist until Turret is up again
6. Turret (Gnome will die, rip)
7. Sunreaver -> Lightning Storm
8. Carry pet with ~500hp :)

cool ty will try this next time :)

Elfuego

Post by Elfuego » January 20th, 2015, 10:27 am

Just an update, I was able to add a pet swap into the rotation with [pet]Lil'Bling[/pet] and [pet]Menagerie Custodian[/pet].

Start with Bling and [ability]Extra Plating[/ability]. Then [ability]Launch Rocket[/ability]. Afterwards, set Inflation into motion for three rounds. When its over, pop the second half of rocket. When he goes down and Rukus comes in, swap to the carry pet. Make sure it can take about 600 dmg from [ability]Bloodfang[/ability]. After the hit, swap back into Bling. He should be at 280 health if he died, If not even better. After Ruckus uses [ability]Hunting Party[/ability], pop Inflation again. When bling dies, bring in the custodian. Start with [ability]Shock and Awe[/ability], then finish it with [ability]Ion Cannon[/ability]! Pet leveled thru the magic of pork chops!

When you swap Bling back in, if hunting party hits critical then the strategy is difficult to complete as the power behind the next pet is the 2 round damage debuff Inflation sets on Rukus. So I just reset if it goes critical. This strat works about 80 % of the time though. I'll post if I find a better second pet.

Hope it helps!

GET OWNED!!

Beave
Pet Score:4259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Beave » January 20th, 2015, 12:22 pm

Great update with strat 2. It's simple and easy to use leveling mid-level pets. I found you need about 850hp to be safe because the 2nd pig has a high crit rate for some reason. Pop a couple treats and this duo is quick and easy to level a lot of those wild capture pets.

Also, it's so repeatable you can automate it with macros if you're so inclined.

Rusti
MVP
Pet Score:6043
BattleTag®:Rusti#1427
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Rusti » January 20th, 2015, 3:26 pm

I couldn't get the other strats to work in a way I was content with (not saying they don't work, just not int he way I had hoped they would so please, don't be offended if you have posted one.) So I did a little hunting around and I found this strategy that takes the Sunreaver and Clockwork Gnome pets and works them in a way that you can use a carry pet that has less than 500 – 800 health. It works in a way that at the end of the fight your 2 main pets are dead but so are the pigs leaving the carry to soak up all the experience and not have to put any work in.

Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJhvznD_ky8

I’ve not tested this extensively, I’ve done 10 fights and only had to start over once so either this is working well or RNG is being nicer to me than it was last night so I am not going to say this is a great strategy, but something to try if you have lower levels you want to grind out too.

Team:
Sunreaver Micro Sentry (2,1,1) ---- (Fel Immolate, Extra Plating, Call Lightning)
Clockwork Gnome (1,2,1) ---- (Metal Fist, Blitz, Build Turret)
Carry pet ---- (can be level 1, should not have to take any damage)

Open with Sunreaver Micro-Sentry
1. Fel Immolate
2. Call Lightening
Swap to clockwork
3. Build turret
4. Metal fist
5. Metal fist (Gnome will die before it goes off but failsafe will activate & Brutus will be hit)
Brutus dies
6. Build turret
Clockwork dies
Swap to sunreaver micro-sentry

7. Call lightning
8. Pass (Sunreaver will die then failsafe will activate but he will just fall back over)
Sunreaver Micro Sentry dies
Rukus dies

Carry pet is left standing with the bodies of his friends and foes at his feet and awarded with all of the glorious experience.

Note: If Clockwork gnome gets crit and dies on round 2 before it can queue up the second metal fist then start over.
If Sunreaver gets crit at any point and dies before his pass round then you can try to finish off the last pig with your carry if he has a good bit of levels already.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 20th, 2015, 6:44 pm

Argh! And now I'm wishing my Micro Sentry was higher than level 2! :) Add it to the list...

I just used the three pets I posted last time, to at least get through the fight once. Next time, though....

Thanks, Rusti, for sharing!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Rusti
MVP
Pet Score:6043
BattleTag®:Rusti#1427
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Rusti » January 20th, 2015, 6:45 pm

Darolyn wrote:Argh! And now I'm wishing my Micro Sentry was higher than level 2! :) Add it to the list...

I just used the three pets I posted last time, to at least get through the fight once. Next time, though....

Thanks, Rusti, for sharing!
Daro when you are on again whisper me. you can borrow mine to level yours up then use it to take over!
Anytime one of these strats calls for a tradeable pet that you don't have leveled yet, give me a shout and if I have it you are more than welcome to borrow it to level yours.