Looking to start a weekly raid for pets group.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
NeverFinal
Pet Score:10986
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us
Looking to start a weekly raid for pets group.

Post by NeverFinal » January 5th, 2015, 6:48 am

I, like many others here, are missing pets from raids. Namely Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar. I didnt raid at the end of MoP so I missed alot of those pets and have only picked up a few from trades and the AH. So Id like to start a weekly group. Not sure how flex and such work. Maybe someone else can help me out with that. If theres something like that going already then point me to it.
A guideline that Id like to maybe setup. Id like to do this with the express purpose of getting people pets they are missing. So if you were to join this group please dont take your pet drops and just sell them if you happen to get a duplicate. Everyone will list what they are missing here. If you happen to get a pet while doing this that you already have then please pass it to someone that needs it. No gold or trading involved. If no one needs it then its all yours.

Im not sure how to set this group up or if its even wanted but if anyone is interested please post and provide some input.

As of posting Im missing

SoO:
Blackfuse Bombling
Droplet of Y'shaarj

Throne of Thunder:
Ji-kun Hatchling
Viscous Horror

Im horde primarily (working on maxing an alliance). Zuluhed is my main realm and my Bnet is Neverfinal#1703.

Faelinara
MVP
Pet Score:4635
Realm:Dalaran-us

Re: Looking to start a weekly raid for pets group.

Post by Faelinara » January 5th, 2015, 7:26 am

I'd be interested in doing this. Have the siege pets but need the ToT ones you listed. Toon is Faelinara on Dalaran (H) and battle tag is mcfc1120#1873
Faelinara-Mal'ganis (H) US

Faelinara#1411

Dulahey
Pet Score:9504
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Dulahey » January 5th, 2015, 9:58 am

Also interested, but I would need to level up my Horde character from 80 first =\

NeverFinal

Post by NeverFinal » January 5th, 2015, 3:40 pm

Ill probably setup a weekend or Monday group. Just need more interest. Ill probably run it weekly even after I get all the pets.

Does anyone know if these pets drop as personal loot or is it raid wide?

Ist
Pet Score:787
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Ist » January 5th, 2015, 4:01 pm

I believe they are all personal loot (or a group roll depending how things are setup) and NOT raid-wide (unfortunately).

I have a horde feral druid on Thrall, and am more than happy to help run old content. I have been trio-ing ToT with some guildies who want the mounts rather than the pets, but it is sporadic at best. I can tank in a pinch (especially this stuff), but am primarily geared as DPS.

Feel free to add me, and drop me a line any time you need a dps/tank while running! Ist#1786

NeverFinal

Post by NeverFinal » January 5th, 2015, 4:06 pm

Id like to do this as a weekly thing. Since the content can be run with half a reg group then we wont need many but adding people cant hurt.

Will need everyones Time zones at least. Im EST and can get on anytime after 3pm during the week and free both Sat and Sun.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » January 5th, 2015, 5:08 pm

I did raid for MoP. I saved bonus rolls for bosses that drop pets, and I still never had one single pet drop.

But what about if we throw in the mount achievements? I already have most of the achieves for the Galakras mount; but I'd be happy to do them again for those who haven't gotten them.

Glory of the Orgrimmar Raider
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8454

The 1st comment lays out how to do each achievement—Sweet! I like not having to think too much. :P

(I think the Kor'kron Juggernaut mount still drops in Mythic at a 2% drop (?) ... if the group is feeling that enthusiastic.)

I can run on my Prot Paladin, or on my Rogue (both lvl 100). I've tanked all the bosses in Siege Heroic, so I know the fights pretty well - at least from the tank perspective (I'm not a raid leader).

If you really NEED a healer, I could level up my Druid. He's already in Draenor, he just hasn't gotten very far yet.

If you don't have vent I could host it on my guild's vent. I really can't stand raiding without verbal communication! lol Poor or no communication is the primary thing that keeps me out of LFR.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 5th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Assuming nothing's changed with loot systems in legacy raids... the bosses drop pets in addition to their normal loot, and that would be group loot/master loot, however you have it set up. Make sure to set the loot threshold to blue because otherwise the pet goes to the first person to touch the body.

You can also use the old bonus roll coins to have a chance to roll a pet as personal loot (obviously you can run your raid however you want but I would consider it reasonable that if someone gets one off personal loot, that they should be able to do with it as they please). Definitely encourage people to go and pick up some of the bonus coins before going in.

NeverFinal

Post by NeverFinal » January 5th, 2015, 5:49 pm

Didnt they change the coins to those lesser things? Like 50 of them for a reroll now.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 5th, 2015, 6:24 pm

NeverFinal wrote:Didnt they change the coins to those lesser things? Like 50 of them for a reroll now.
That might be in addition to using the old coins - not completely sure. I don't see wowhead mentioning that they can be used instead of the other bonus coins so I think to be safe it's probably best to get the proper bonus coin: Mogu Runes (for ToT) are still available on TI and Warforged Coins (for SoO) via the guy under Shrine. I still keep my currency tab stocked with old coins for mount farming.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 5th, 2015, 6:31 pm

If any Alliance want to start up something like this, I'd be in. I'm only melee DPS, unless I level my healer (she's 93 right now), but I've NEVER healed at raid level.

Maybe we should start a fresh thread for Alliance looking to do this?

Daro
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » January 5th, 2015, 9:28 pm

I sent a friend request from Abashera. =)

See comment above for my class, spec, and raid exp.

I prefer to tank, just because that's my experience in SoO - One less person to have to learn the fights = quicker runs and less wipes.

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » January 6th, 2015, 8:22 am

Would you mind if I went for xmog? :) I do not need the pets at all, but I'd love to go noodle around the old raids for some pieces of armor and bows I want :)

jensketch#1607

(that is, if we can ever get an Alliance raid going)

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 6th, 2015, 8:33 am

On the horde side I'd be willing to assist with this (not sure if I need any pets, but who cares, I love the idea), I primarily play tanks (having 6 of them) so that's what I'd be able to offer. On the alliance side my tank there is only 94, but I can grind him up if needed. Also available in your time range (after 5 PM Mon, after 4 PM EST Tues-Fri, anytime weekends).

Knotrandall
Pet Score:4912
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Knotrandall » January 6th, 2015, 9:18 am

I'd be up for this if there were weekend runs on alliance. I'm pretty booked during the week. I do have dps and healer at 100 with my tank at 98.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 6th, 2015, 11:48 am

Any Alliance who want to do this, my battletag is Thaliana#1794.

My best days are Friday and Saturday.

Let's do this!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Bobbyjoe
Pet Score:3628
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Bobbyjoe » January 6th, 2015, 12:17 pm

Nice Idea.

I'm interested in doing this as well, unfortunately my time zone is GMT +8, so its more or less half a day difference :cry:

Raided SOO as range DPS (Frost Mage and BM Hunter - Horde/Illidan).

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » January 6th, 2015, 2:48 pm

I'd be interested in doing this as well. Ally here, battletag - TerribleTim#1747
I'm not a raid star, but I do have a lvl100 Pally and a lvl100 Warrior (who is sort of low geared atm).
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Sweetyplumb
Pet Score:6984
BattleTag®:CarlaPlumb#1169
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Sweetyplumb » January 6th, 2015, 6:51 pm

I would love to be a part of this I have a Rogue that is 93 in Pet Peaves and then on the Ally side I have a 100 disc priest . I am a pet battler and not a raider so i didn't think that i would get a chance to see these pets outside of the auction house ! BTag is CarlaPlumb#1169

Horde is on Mardoan- US and Ally is on Gilneas -US :D
edit : cause I cant spell :P

NeverFinal

Post by NeverFinal » January 6th, 2015, 7:57 pm

Alright lots of interest.

Horde side Ill try to setup something on Saturday afternoon around 2pm EST? I know ToT is 3 man-able but more people means more drops overall. I dont think Ill really stress the guideline that i posted in my OP but to help the community out I think would be good. Ill setup a custom group that everyone can join about an hour before we start. We will run ToT and then SoO right after. Having everyone post what pets they are missing would probably help too. Ill setup a sign-up thread tomorrow when I get off work.

Also I have 3 characters 90+ (only 1 is 100 though) so we could easily do multiple runs for those with alts.