Question on Bone Wasp Breed

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Zoreia
Top Rater
Pet Score:8125
Realm:Malorne-us
Question on Bone Wasp Breed

Post by Zoreia » January 4th, 2015, 11:25 pm

Hey there. Just have a quick question.

I've seen many people request a B/B breed Bone Wasp over the other breeds available for this pet, and I am just curious if anyone knows why. I thought the B/B breeds usually had less overall stats and with the pet being flying, I figured a breed with a high speed stat might be beneficial. So I'm just wondering if there's a reason I should be looking for a B/B breed or if it's just personal preference.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Question on Bone Wasp Breed

Post by Luciandk » January 5th, 2015, 7:38 am

Hrm, cant really see any truly compelling reason to why the B/B would be wastly superior. Do remember that the flying racial adds 50% speed, so you generally want power on fliers. Plus if using focus, that adds even more speed.

The Bone Wasp have one single difference from all the other wasps. Having Claw instead of Bite in slot 1. Focus would make Claw more likely to roll the high amount of damage.

The damage and speed variances is all pretty tiny between S/B, P/B and B/B.

Kandystryper
MVP
Pet Score:9027
BattleTag®:Squishy#1137
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kandystryper » January 5th, 2015, 10:54 am

Luciandk wrote:Hrm, cant really see any truly compelling reason to why the B/B would be wastly superior. Do remember that the flying racial adds 50% speed, so you generally want power on fliers. Plus if using focus, that adds even more speed.

The Bone Wasp have one single difference from all the other wasps. Having Claw instead of Bite in slot 1. Focus would make Claw more likely to roll the high amount of damage.

The damage and speed variances is all pretty tiny between S/B, P/B and B/B.
I agree - I had someone ask me this in a /w and I suggested the P/B

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » January 5th, 2015, 12:49 pm

I can't see why you'd want B/B over one of the other breeds. There can be reasons why you'd want that breed, Uborn Valk it was the faster of the two breeds which was helpful in some situations, but that doesn't apply. You don't have any pure breeds but you have a X/B for what ever you might be interested in. I'd go for P/B personally just because they don't have any moves that really need to be faster for and you already have the flying racial to use to your advantage. Focus + Claw should be really good. The +25% hit and +25% crit should guarantee you a high roll on claw which makes it's damage really good and that makes the P/B breed even more impressive imo.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 5th, 2015, 1:21 pm

Hmm, well I personally am hoping to pick up a B/B, but my reasoning is pretty insane. ;) Basically I have the wild wasps in all the other breeds (technically I have a B/B Twilight Wasp right now but I hadn't planned on keeping it) and since I like to cover as many breeds as possible, that leaves B/B for the Bone Wasp.

Yes I could fix this by going out and taming another B/B but I don't want to. I like the wasps I already have. :oops:

(After some thought I suppose I could catch a B/B Amberbarb Wasp and be satisfied with that... boy I'm really overthinking this!)

Zoreia
Top Rater
Pet Score:8125
Realm:Malorne-us

Post by Zoreia » January 5th, 2015, 3:50 pm

Thank you for the input on this guys. :)

I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for a P/B breed.