Elekk Plushie Achievement tip

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us
Elekk Plushie Achievement tip

Post by Morlis » December 17th, 2014, 2:49 am

In case you haven't heard, you don't need to rotate him into the battle for the Achievement An Awfully Big Adventure.

I have been rotating him in so far, but I accidentally killed the last opponent before getting him in and I still got credit. So I tried again the next battle and got credit again. If this is common knowledge I totally missed it, so for those like me who didn't find this out well now you know. I was down to the wire on a couple of battles and had I rotated in Plushie I don't think I would have won.

Your call though, if you are use to rotating in a leveling pet, it might be advantageous to still do so, since not having him in might mess up the flow of how your team works.

Oh and if you want exp for him you will still need to rotate him in. Mine was maxed after the 6th battle though, so I have stopped rotating him in whenever it wasn't needed.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Xolve
Top Rater
Pet Score:12282
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: Elekk Plushie Achievement tip

Post by Xolve » December 17th, 2014, 4:46 pm

You even get credit if he dies in the battle, EP just needs to be on your team in general.

I use him on some of the tougher trainers to soak a few hits if I miss a deflection or burrow.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » December 17th, 2014, 5:11 pm

Xolve wrote:You even get credit if he dies in the battle
:lol: I didn't know that either.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » December 21st, 2014, 11:06 am

Every single strat on my site doesn't require a swap in at all. So my Plushie lived through the whole "Adventure" ;) She never had to take a single hit.

[url=http://murlocharbor.com/an-awfully-big-adventure-elekk-plushie-achievement/]Murloc Harbor's An Awfully Big Adventure[/url]

Beast_mast0r
Pet Score:3175
Realm:Stormscale-eu

Post by Beast_mast0r » December 21st, 2014, 11:41 am

I used my plushie (named punchbox) to soak big damage sometimes and even die for consume corpse :lol: :twisted:

Triara
Pet Score:2965
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Triara » December 22nd, 2014, 6:45 am

Xolve wrote:You even get credit if he dies in the battle, EP just needs to be on your team in general.
ROFL

Thanks for this! I will now use him to soak some of the hardest hits as well. :-)

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » December 22nd, 2014, 1:58 pm

I've been calling my Plushie "She" but just noticed in my pet journal "she" is a "he".

Did I give him a complex?

Either way, I'm going to name HIM Squishy...for so many reasons.

Is it possible to do the Longest Day achievement and the Elekk Adventure together? Seems like it would be with the right combos of main pets?
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 23rd, 2014, 12:52 pm

Darolyn wrote:Is it possible to do the Longest Day achievement and the Elekk Adventure together? Seems like it would be with the right combos of main pets?
No reason you couldn't knock out both pieces while you are doing it (you'll get credit for both, after all)

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » December 28th, 2014, 12:43 pm

Rendigar wrote:
Darolyn wrote:Is it possible to do the Longest Day achievement and the Elekk Adventure together? Seems like it would be with the right combos of main pets?
No reason you couldn't knock out both pieces while you are doing it (you'll get credit for both, after all)
Does this mean that these two achieves can only be done with a toon on both sides? I only have Ally toons. I really don't want to level one just for this. :cry:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Mediq
Pet Score:4539
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Mediq » January 1st, 2015, 4:38 am

For the Celestial Tournament: you can get credit for each win. You do not have to do all three in same instance.
You can leave, heal pets, then try another one. When you get credit for all three you can leave and complete the
tournament with your regular teams.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » January 1st, 2015, 5:28 pm

I'm just starting the Plushie achievement and just want to make sure that I'm clear.

#1 - He has to be on the team
#2 - My team has to win (d'uh obvious)
#3 - He doesn't have to necessarily fight (although he would be good for when you know there is a big hit coming)
#4 - He doesn't have to necessarily live by the end of the fight either
#5 - I don't need to do all the quests on the same day.

I've been cranking out the easy to do tamers but there are some tough one that I know are a challenge.

Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Beastlyserenity » January 1st, 2015, 8:42 pm

Mediq wrote:For the Celestial Tournament: you can get credit for each win. You do not have to do all three in same instance.
You can leave, heal pets, then try another one. When you get credit for all three you can leave and complete the
tournament with your regular teams.
This is a great tip, thanks

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » January 5th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Darolyn wrote:I've been calling my Plushie "She" but just noticed in my pet journal "she" is a "he".
Until Blizzard actually implements the gender thing (which they haven't), I call mine whatever I want, he or she, and I name them accordingly (unless the name is neutral).

I believe the purpose of the gender thing is for if/when they implement the pet breeding feature. Many have pointed out that most all pets in WoD are listed as female. But I believe that is only a placeholder for now, and that if they do the breeding thing, they will have to change an equal amount of pets to male. And for that matter, we could see each pet in both genders.

I don't imagine the Plushie being able to reproduce even if they did let us breed pets. What would it do? ...

"Your Plushie 'plays house,' pretending to mate with another animal."

It would end up producing a weak pet that either still can't do anything, or does everything ineffectively. LOL!