Can lowbies get Garrison battle XP?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us
Can lowbies get Garrison battle XP?

Post by Darolyn » December 31st, 2014, 12:54 pm

If a friend with a menagerie invites my 81 to a group, can she get character XP from battling pets in the menagerie?
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Re: Can lowbies get Garrison battle XP?

Post by Merana » December 31st, 2014, 1:30 pm

Yes you can get exp from doing the menagerie battles if someone invites you to their level 3 garrison with menagerie unlocked. They'll have to be in their garrison the moment you zone over though, or you won't see the pole/enemy pets. After that they can do what they want to, as long as it isn't logging off.

Some pets give worse exp (for both you and your pets) than others, most notably the ones that come alone and aren't started through clicking on the pole.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » December 31st, 2014, 1:46 pm

I was thinking about asking an Ally friend with Menagerie 3 unlocked to help me on the days with easy leveling, like yesterday.

Thanks for the tip about them being present! I figure if I can talk someone who does a LOT of fishing in their garrison to invite my little warlock to a group.......

I could do a LOT of leveling of both pets and toon while standing in one place. ;)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 31st, 2014, 1:57 pm

I had to test this. My lvl 91 alt gets 10500 xp / win (Rockbiter, Stonechewer and Acidtooth) which is 1.3% of level per win. Rested XP isn't consumed. I suppose it would be good min-maxing to do the pet leveling with an alt. I wouldn't want to level my alt only like that, but why not maximize the profits :)

Edit. The person can't logout. It will teleport you out after a couple of minutes when it realizes the leader isn't coming back.
Last edited by Iibis on December 31st, 2014, 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Iamste
Pet Score:3340
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu

Post by Iamste » December 31st, 2014, 1:58 pm

honestly never even thought about this.
Would it be possible to open two clients, invite my low level guy to a group and then visit my mains garrison? or is that breaking the terms of service?

Next time the birds roll around I could shoot someone way up with the 3 bottles of 300% exp potions I have.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 31st, 2014, 2:00 pm

Iamste wrote:honestly never even thought about this.
Would it be possible to open two clients, invite my low level guy to a group and then visit my mains garrison? or is that breaking the terms of service?
I think one issue is how to get your low level characters to Draenor. And honestly I don't know this, can you visit leader's garrison if you don't have your own?

Edit. In terms of breaking ToS, multiboxing is allowed and multiple accounts are allowed, so nothing wrong with that.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » January 1st, 2015, 3:20 pm

Yes you can visit a garrison if you don't have one yourself. You will just need a warlock/garrison follower summon to get there.