Winter's Helpers

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us
Winter's Helpers

Post by Darolyn » December 29th, 2014, 3:37 pm

So. According to the site Stats, 78,533 people are actively tracking their collections.

89.5% of the tracked collections have Father Winter's Helper, and 89.4% have Winter's Little Helper.

That means there are more than 8000 people missing EACH of those two pets.

I think all 16000 are available on my AH for less than a gold apiece. I have at least a dozen of each myself.

So, to all my 8-16000 new friends who don't have these pets, please go buy them! Clear out our auction houses! Message me! I'll send you some! I bet others here would, too! They're cheap! There's too many in existence!

Take them off our hands!

~Daro, who is at work, and bored, and loves stats.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Re: Winter's Helpers

Post by Jazeel » December 29th, 2014, 4:14 pm

makes me wonder how many ridiculously easy to get pets that a reasonable number of folk haven't collected.

at work also bored,but not keen on stats :mrgreen:

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » December 29th, 2014, 4:20 pm

I probably have about 5 of each (snowman and reindeer too). More than willing to give them away.

Also at work at the moment. :lol:

Stats are cool, just don't make me compile them. :P
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » December 29th, 2014, 4:27 pm

4000 people don't have the Sinister Squashling, and around 7500 don't have a spring rabbit, or a tree frog.

More people need to become completionists.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 29th, 2014, 4:46 pm

It kinda puzzles me too. Those are all around the same place as the stupid goldfish from Pandaria or the Meadowstomper from WoD will be in the so dang common you can't give them away.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » December 29th, 2014, 5:14 pm

I have about 30 of the [pet]Imperial Silkworm[/pet]. Having 2 tailors I probably got one every other day for a few months, I never destroyed any. They are all occupying about a third of a guild bank tab, with some on a mule. Totally can't give them away.

For the stats fashionable, only 80.2% have one. :?
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » December 29th, 2014, 5:28 pm

I have a bank tab full of just Christmas pets. Half a tab of those flippin' silkworms.
This is after sitting in Darnassus "afk" on the bridge and mailing pets to random new players. lol

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 29th, 2014, 5:45 pm

Silkworms. Another good example of a pet you can't give away. We must all have a bit of OCD because even knowing that they are worthless and you can't give them away I have a hard time actually destroying them just because 10 years from now when no one is doing the MoP tailoring cd's they might finally be worth something again.

Jazeel

Post by Jazeel » December 29th, 2014, 6:04 pm

i must have about 20 assorted winter veil pets sitting in banks bags etc on alts, probably a silkworm or two as well, i would have a lot more but gave a lot away to folk in guilds who hadn't got them. mind you a lot of folk i talk to about pets have no idea about this site, or even how easy some pets are to get, that also means they have no idea how horrifically annoying some pets are to get as well.

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » December 29th, 2014, 7:07 pm

That horrifically annoying thing has actually helped from time to time....I got an Azure Whelpling for 800g.

Sometimes people get lucky with the RNG and don't know what they have.

I've been lucky in that I didn't level my tailor until NOW, so she's JUST getting Silkworms, and I've been "lucky" enough to only get two so far!

Daro

Iamste
Pet Score:3340
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu

Post by Iamste » December 30th, 2014, 4:35 pm

I got two Rotten Little Helpers the day after each other, trying to sell one so I can buy Lumpy but so far no one wants to bite :(

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » December 30th, 2014, 5:01 pm

Iamste you can have one of mine if you'd like.

As a potential idea to get rid of Silkworms and other pets: Last year (and this year too) my server had a wish list for christmas thread on the realm forum, I sent everyone that asked for pets a Silkworm (if they didn't have one already). If it isn't "tradition" on your realm forum I guess it could be made into one next year (just start the thread yourself and hope people jump on, it might be more successful on RP servers.)

Iamste
Pet Score:3340
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu

Post by Iamste » December 30th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Merana wrote:Iamste you can have one of mine if you'd like.

As a potential idea to get rid of Silkworms and other pets: Last year (and this year too) my server had a wish list for christmas thread on the realm forum, I sent everyone that asked for pets a Silkworm (if they didn't have one already). If it isn't "tradition" on your realm forum I guess it could be made into one next year (just start the thread yourself and hope people jump on, it might be more successful on RP servers.)
I'd love one thank you!
Do you want the Rotten Little Helper or gold or what do I pay you with? :)

Morthya
Pet Score:5514
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Morthya » December 30th, 2014, 5:25 pm

If anyone wants them, I have some reindeer, snowmen and winter helpers to give away for nothing - just need the bank space back lol :)

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » December 30th, 2014, 5:27 pm

I'm not sure we have characters on the same servers, Iamste. I'm happy to just trade the pets. How do I best reach you? (I'm out of character slots for my entire account so I'm afraid I can't roll on your server.)

Sorry for going off on a tangent and not really staying on topic. Maybe the EU needs an initiative like Rusti's [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12287]here[/url] too to get rid of all the billions of winter veil pets!

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » December 30th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Sadly, even Azeroth Pet Adoptions can't battle the huge number of holiday pets out there. Rusti's awesome pet adoption guild has way too many of these guys as well. In fact, I tried to sneak a few of mine in the last time I was at the bank, but I didn't have the heart after seeing how many unadopted squashlings and helpers there were.

Jazeel

Post by Jazeel » January 1st, 2015, 1:39 am

Bstone them and sell them, seriously there are still folk who will buy them, sold 6 stoned winterveil pets already this year.