Very Fast Pet Leveling

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sasquatchiii
Pet Score:3486
BattleTag®:sasquatciii#1243
Realm:Deathwing-us
Very Fast Pet Leveling

Post by Sasquatchiii » December 29th, 2014, 4:32 am

Hey guys, first time poster here. I just wanted to share something I've been using to level up pets very quickly. The only caveat to this is you can't use level 1 pets. I use the wolf daily to get level 1 pets up over level 10 so they can soak a hit or two in the background. Everyone knows some way to get a ton of pets over level 10 pretty quickly. Now onto the good stuff.

So with your Menagerie when the flying team is the battle of the day (Jahan, Samm, and Archimedes) I get really excited. I pop my pet biscuit, lesser pet biscuit, and throw on my safari hat. My team will consist of Murkalot with blessed hammer and shield storm, a leveling pet, and Nexus Whelpling with arcane storm and mana surge.

Right off the bat with Murkalot pop your shield storm then whack away with blessed hammer. Since the weather will be arcane storms you can use falling murloc which can be useful if it crits. This will generally always kill Jahan and usually half of Samm. I've soloed all 3 on occasion with just Murkalot thanks to RNGeesus! Once Murkalot dies, switch in your leveling pet and throw in whatever you want, he won't take any damage thanks to shield storm. Swap in the nexus whelping, toss down arcane storm and hit mana surge. Everything else will be wiped out. Talk to the battle pet trainer for free heals and do it again! No moving around, no searching out battles, just quick and easy rinse and repeat that you can do all day long if you want, preferably drunk!

I wish there was a way to predict what battle will be the daily in advance so I could plan out my time better. I hope this is helpful to everyone, and if there is a quicker way to level pets please let me know! I have a mighty collection, but not a very high score due to lack of ever leveling up these pets seriously. My 2015 resolution is to remedy that and get in the top 10 for my server. One day, I may just go out and work a bunch of overtime and buy my white whale on ebay even. Mini Tyrael my love....

Triara
Pet Score:2965
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Re: Very Fast Pet Leveling

Post by Triara » December 29th, 2014, 6:06 am

Another strat is to open with Nexus Whelpling on the first two pets, bring carry for the third, then use Chrominius or whatever to finish that third pet as well. This has been discussed before, yes, this is a great way to quickly level pets and also a great way to do the 150 battles for those who didn't yet do them.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 29th, 2014, 6:49 am

Sasquatchiii wrote:I wish there was a way to predict what battle will be the daily in advance so I could plan out my time better.
[url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?p=99005#p99005]Wish granted[/url].

Terranoch
Top Rater
Pet Score:6026
BattleTag®:Zarach#21291
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu

Post by Terranoch » December 29th, 2014, 9:33 am

Triara wrote:Another strat is to open with Nexus Whelpling on the first two pets, bring carry for the third, then use Chrominius or whatever to finish that third pet as well. This has been discussed before, yes, this is a great way to quickly level pets and also a great way to do the 150 battles for those who didn't yet do them.
I am using this strat(p/p nexus whelpling, chrominius, carry pet) and unless something goes terribly wrong the fight consistenly takes only 7 turns. Yesterday I leveled 11 pets to 25 in an hour.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 29th, 2014, 2:54 pm

I've done that with the Nexus Whelpling but you have to be careful what you do because he can solo the entire other team with a little luck if you do the right, or wrong depending on your PoV, moves. If you open with Arcane Storm, Yes I know the opponent opens with it too but yours does more damage because of the racial bonus against them and his is already up, and then hit Mana Surge you can blow up the entire team. Basically if you finish off the first pet with the first round of Mana Surge you should end up one shotting the other two pets because the dragonkin racial will be up for the second pet. If you want to avoid that just using Arcane storm first and open with Mana Surge. Your first hit won't kill the first pet so your dragonkin racial will be used up on overkill of the first pet. Pretty much any pet with a good magic attack should be able to finish up after the nexus whelpling dies and you swap in the leveling pet.

There are several sets of Menagerie teams that are fairly easy and can be used for easy leveling of pets. Some of them even allow you to carry level one pets. You should actually be able to carry magical and mechanical level one pets on this fight.

Sasquatchiii
Pet Score:3486
BattleTag®:sasquatciii#1243
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Sasquatchiii » December 29th, 2014, 4:52 pm

Iibis thank you so much! That is super helpful!

I figured I wasn't the only one that figured out how good of a trick this was. I'm having fun lurking these forums to find out if I can learn more of these neat tricks. I guess I missed meeting a bunch of you at Blizzcon which makes me sad! I've been using this site for years but have never taken the time to fully explore it. Seems like a really great community!

Demiano
Pet Score:13688
BattleTag®:daemono#1210
Realm:Garithos-us

Post by Demiano » December 30th, 2014, 10:08 am

There are a few days that you can farm xp as easily as the flying pets one, I have a strat posted to farm xp for even lv 1 carry pets from the Rockbiter, Acidmouth etc fight that is up right now, happy levelling.

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » December 30th, 2014, 10:58 am

I like the PetBattleTeam add-on.

I'll have a team setup for each class of pet that I use for leveling. So when I'm out doing daily pet battles and find myself in an area that has alot of aquatics, I can click on my 'aquatics' team that has a lower level flying pet that I want to level and then usually a combination of my Nexus Whelpling, Chrominus, Tranquil Yeti or Kun-lai Runt that I can use to finish off the fight quickly.

For the common battle pet classes it's nice to have but I don't use them as much (aquatics, beast, critter, flying). But if I'm in an area with the less common ones (Undead, Humanoid, Dragonkin and Elemental) it's a way to power-level pets that are strong against those.

Iamste
Pet Score:3340
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu

Post by Iamste » December 30th, 2014, 2:15 pm

I normally only level up pets on days this comes around. It's a two week turn around, so during that time I get the pets ready for them by getting two leveled to 9 through the Ashlie fight in SMV (can be solo'd with iron starlette).
Also gets my pet tokens high enough to grab some battle stones and pet treats, etc.

I did about 30 pets with these guys when they were last up in about 2 hours or so. Incredibly effective.

edit.
I'm sure many people have figured out a way to solo Ashlie, but just incase...
Wind-Up and release with Iron Starlette until pixie is dead, the plush will come up, Wind-Up, Charge, and when you release the Wind-Up Ashlie will swap the plush for the Tallbuk which will be OHKO'd by you. Just swap the two pets in with the plush and finish it off with Iron Star.