Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling went missing

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Nanatel
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu
Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling went missing

Post by Nanatel » December 30th, 2014, 7:47 am

hello everyone,

Maybe someone can help me out here. Yesterday I got it into my head to go catch me another one of those cuties so I went to the twilight highlands to get me one. But i couldn't find a single one. I know where they're supposed to be around thundermar and kirthhaven but i couldn't find a single one i could actually battle. neither did I see any as a secondary pet around, I tried about 20-30, so that might not be statistically relevant. I play an alliance char with wildhammer faction on exaltet if that makes a difference:

tl;dr: My question is basically... where did they go? did I miss something? anyone seen one lately?

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Re: Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling went missing

Post by Iibis » December 30th, 2014, 8:33 am

Even as alliance they aren't plentyful as primary battle pets. Only a handful of spawns and if they're as "critters" and you're alliance, the only solution I think is to kill them with a horde character and then wait for respawns. In the end, it's probably a lot faster to check all the other battle pets for secondaries. They do appear like that. It's especially the most sane way if you're looking for a certain breed. Engage, check for gryphon hatchling, forfeit, aoe the spawn to death.