Which Pets Will Become Unavailable?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Milkywind
Pet Score:3314
Realm:Gorgonnash-us
Which Pets Will Become Unavailable?

Post by Milkywind » December 30th, 2014, 12:42 am

WoD hasn't been very appealing to me since its launch. Most of the times, I've just been logging in and afking in garrison. I have no motivation to work on pet battles atm because they made it take longer to find rares (Can't kill critters any more to despawn them) and no flying.

Thus, and for other reasons, I've decided to quit for now. I probably will return for pet battles if they implement flying. For now, I just want to get the pets that will become unavailable or harder to obtain in the future.

I was wondering, if anyone can list such pets.

I already have the Deathwatch Hatchling, so that's one down.
The only other I know of is the Hatespark, which I'll probably just buy off the AH now before prices shoot up in the future.

I don't know much about all other new WoD pets.

TIA for help!

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: Which Pets Will Become Unavailable?

Post by Graven » December 30th, 2014, 7:00 am

I think Hatespark is the only current pet that is confirmed to be going away. Also if I were you I would pick up an Iron Starlette if you don't have one yet, as there are currently hundreds in the AH but they may thin out in future.

Kkrantuq
Pet Score:9131
Realm:Dragonmaw-us

Post by Kkrantuq » December 30th, 2014, 9:46 am

AoE's still kill critters and battlepets.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » December 30th, 2014, 4:16 pm

The ease of getting the stones to make any pet rare is super simple. I'll be honest I didn't search for very many rares. I tried for a bit on each but if I spent more than 20 minutes or so, I just stoned what I had. Especially if they were hard to find, sporebat comes to mind.

For 15 of the tamer charms you can get a stone that will rarify any pet. I have well over 200 of the charms, and I don't even do all the tamer dailies every day. I find the charms are useful for buying the pet treats but other than that they just keep stacking up in my packs, so I never gave it a second thought to stone many of the WOD wild pets as well as the quested, dropped, tradeskilled pets that didn't come rare.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)