Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zeemonster424
Top Rater
Pet Score:10893
BattleTag®:Zerou#1674
Realm:Dragonblight-us
Auction House Mod

Post by Zeemonster424 » December 29th, 2014, 3:38 pm

Does anyone know of a mod that lets you search for the pets you don't have on the Auction House? It's a pain to sift through all those, and then you miss good deals.

I guess one that lets you toggle pets that you already have learned. I use Auctioneer, but that's it.

Anyone have insight?

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Re: Auction House Mod

Post by Darolyn » December 29th, 2014, 3:46 pm

I've been hoping for this for awhile. When pets were actual items, it worked just by selecting "usable by character" or whatever, but since the pet journal, that's not applicable anymore.

The problem comes with being able to collect three of the same pet. Would you want it to exclude any pet you had even one of? Or would you rather it only excluded the pets you have three of? If you're looking for a specific breed, how would that factor in?

These are all thoughts I've had, but nothing has come of it yet. Sorry.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 29th, 2014, 4:04 pm

I suspect it isn't possible for an add-on to do this because the question has been asked several times and no add-on exists that does this. The two options seem to be:

Something like Auctionator which allows you to save lists of things to search for so you can create a list of pets you are interested in.

Something like http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21758-WoWkemon.html (i think this is but I don't use it) that has an option to color code them when looking at the AH.

As Darolyn mentions I haven't even seen an AH add-on that handles the basics of pets well. I'd love one that was smart enough to be able to look at level, rarity and breed when figuring out if something is a good deal and even better if it tracks it per server and can give me an idea of where things are high or low and what the current price/stock is last time I scanned a given AH.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 29th, 2014, 4:16 pm

I've found [url=http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/petmarket]PetMarket[/url]. It searches for unknown pets and doesn't have other AH addon dependencies. It's ok, but it still doesn't meet my needs, like Darolyn described. A small "glitch" with it is if you have filtered your pet journal in some way (for example with Rematch and PJE) when the addon checks for missing pets, it will show a lot of pets you already own because it can't access the unfiltered journal. You need to /reloadui with an unfiltered journal for it to work properly again. It's not that big of an issue though.

I'd like to see an addon that would have options for searching for example quality upgrades for pets you own - if there's a rare version of a pet I only have as uncommon. Or taking that even further to a more advanced level, if I could specify it to look for specific breeds of some pets I'm interested in - for example a S/S Gilnean Raven. That could be done with some AH shopping list addon, I think, but a specialized addon for the whole thing would be better. And also probably easier to manage, if the interface was dedicated for pets.

There was some addon thread created by the author here, that was also building something like this and the author also thought that the find upgrades -feature could be good, but I checked it a couple of times after that and it hadn't gotten updates after WoD launch. It was [url=http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/petshoppinglist]PetShoppingList[/url], and based on the comments it doesn't work.

All of the above should be possible, since for example TheUndermineJournal shows all that data outside WoW. Searching for very particular things should be also possible, since every time I post pets, my auction addon fetches the price for the exact same pet (rarity/level/breed) and I need to do a name based search to actually see the lowest price for that pet.

Edit. PetMarket does search based on name and offers you the one with lowest price. I always do a manual search if there's something I might buy, since I like to see all listings before buying anything. For example for Nightshade Sproutling it would offer the unlearned pet since it's the cheapest. When doing a manual search I also see the caged pets with known breeds.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 29th, 2014, 4:54 pm

Iibis wrote:All of the above should be possible, since for example TheUndermineJournal shows all that data outside WoW. Searching for very particular things should be also possible, since every time I post pets, my auction addon fetches the price for the exact same pet (rarity/level/breed) and I need to do a name based search to actually see the lowest price for that pet.
Sadly there is actually more information available about pets outside of game than in game as add-ons in game can't tell you the gender of a pet and have to guess the breed based on the stats (usually can say with 100% certainty for any pet that isn't level 1 and lower quality as each breed will have different unique stats) but those are both available via the armory API that this site and things like TUJ use to get data.

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 30th, 2014, 3:34 am

Kpb321 wrote:Sadly there is actually more information available about pets outside of game than in game as add-ons in game can't tell you the gender of a pet and have to guess the breed based on the stats (usually can say with 100% certainty for any pet that isn't level 1 and lower quality as each breed will have different unique stats) but those are both available via the armory API that this site and things like TUJ use to get data.
Not sure if an AH addon could hook into PetBattleBreedID (I guess it might not work in the background). But still, on some level the info is also in-game. Selling pets with AuctionLite is annoying when it gets the price for the precise pet. Right now there are 2 rare and 1 uncommon Albino Chimaeralings P/S and a poor P/B in the AH. All level 1. When I want to post my uncommon lvl 1 B/B, it wants to use 'historical data' for pricing because there's no exact match. I know PetBattleBreedID exists because addons can't directly fetch that information, but auction searches are somehow different. Would be a lot simpler if the API was simply made available to addons as well. There's really no reason to prevent addons doing something that can be freely done outside the game :/

Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us

Post by Iamwhatis » December 30th, 2014, 3:38 pm

I have an add on that show breeds everywhere. AH, in areas, in trade windows etc. I believe it's called Battle Pet Breed ID.

I also have a mode that changes the background color of any pet I don't have in the auction house. I don't remember the name but I get all my add ons through curse.