The Feasel's Hate Me!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us
The Feasel's Hate Me!

Post by Kel » December 12th, 2014, 1:57 pm

Just venting a bit. I'm at 12 dailies on both the Feasel boys at the DMF and no pet drop from either one of them. I'm about to go crazy. It might not hurt so much if I wasn't so close to completing "[url=http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9643/so-many-pets]So. Many. Pets.[/url]"!!!! :( :cry:

I've seen others vent about drop rates only to get it the next day, so maybe it'll work for me! ;) :D
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: The Feasel's Hate Me!

Post by Graven » December 12th, 2014, 2:11 pm

Just so you know, 12 dailies with no pet is not a high number. I imagine most don't get the pet for months or years, if they even manage to get it to drop at all. If you get all exasperated because it didn't drop in the first few weeks, you're only going to be winding yourself up. :D

I know I bought mine from AH around 2 years ago, and while I have had one drop in the meantime, that was from battling him every time possible, whenever the faire is in town, so well over 100 bags opened.

Saying that, good luck, I hope you get lucky next month. For me, I tried for Syd again this month but didn't get lucky, so I will probably buy him now. :)

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » December 12th, 2014, 3:20 pm

It took me 91 tries before I got my Darkmoon Eye.

Kel

Post by Kel » December 12th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Awq wrote:It took me 91 tries before I got my Darkmoon Eye.
Holy crap! Can't i just attack the Feasel boys and take their loot? That would be much easier! :lol: :D :P
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 12th, 2014, 4:13 pm

I did Jeremy every day of the week almost without fail in 2013 and have never gotten an Eye to drop (a guildie gave the one I have to me). Since returning w/WoD I've continued the fight, and added in his brother/cousin/evil twin with the same (bad) luck. Don't worry, it'll happen, eventually. Just as long as you don't mind eventually being an infinite time frame away.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 12th, 2014, 4:57 pm

Yeah, took me about a year to get my eye as well. I've only gotten like two of them and I do that stupid daily every day it's available. I have such bad luck with drops like this. :lol:

Kel

Post by Kel » December 12th, 2014, 6:33 pm

Well, it helps (sort of) to hear of others who suffer the same crap luck I do with these drops. I've also never been able to find a group to do the bunny, so I still have no bunny either. Ugh. :cry:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Morthya
Pet Score:5514
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Morthya » December 12th, 2014, 7:06 pm

I've only ever had one darkmoon eye drop in over a year, but I've had 3 Syd's drop since the new trainer showed up. My guess is that Syd may have a slightly higher drop rate.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 13th, 2014, 11:35 am

Morthya wrote:I've only ever had one darkmoon eye drop in over a year, but I've had 3 Syd's drop since the new trainer showed up. My guess is that Syd may have a slightly higher drop rate.
It hasn't dropped for me yet and I frankly have no hope that it will for at least a year, given how my luck goes in such matters. :lol:

Zimmy910
Pet Score:2066
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Zimmy910 » December 13th, 2014, 4:19 pm

Had both pets drop in two consecutive days :). Was quite happy about that ! Jeremy took quite a few tries, more like 4 Darkmoon faires.
Morpheus, Zulbob, Zennadar and others on [EU]Aggramar
Pet Battles on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/zimmy910

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » December 13th, 2014, 4:43 pm

i got syd pretty quick considering the new feasel has only been for 2 DM. the eye on the other hand... i assume im way past 100 tries.

Azillero
Pet Score:3211
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Azillero » December 13th, 2014, 7:30 pm

So, you probably don't want to hear that I got my second Syd today...

Sorry. Rest assured, though, there are several pets where the RNG is not kind to me. It did take quite a while to get an Eye.

Anyway, my sympathies. Hope the RNG gods smile on you soon.

Kozia
Pet Score:4554
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Kozia » December 14th, 2014, 5:27 am

I just got my first Syd Thursday after farming the guy whenever possible since he came out. Then yesterday a second Syd dropped. I am now happily going to try an trade that in/sell that for some of TCG pets :-) The Eye, on the other hand, I have not seen once and I've been farming him very regularly for almost a year now :-( Also no rabbit, but Moon Moon finally dropped last fair after having more than a 100 kills on that stupid wolf (and I think it had almost as many on me). I'll keep on farming the Feasels, though. Nice xp boost for my alts if nothing else.

Ssparkles
Pet Score:10167
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Ssparkles » December 14th, 2014, 5:54 am

I spent years trying to get the Eye. Ended up caving and buy on AH when I saw one for 8k. I finally had one drop for me a few months back. I sold it for 40k.
Syd on the the other hand... I got one on the 2nd day of the new Tamer. And I've picked up a second one this faire. I know quite a few friends and guilds who've already had a Syd drop. But none of those ppl have had an Eye drop yet.
But each faire I hopefully take a lowbie out there. I'll get the xp if nothing else.

Morthya
Pet Score:5514

Post by Morthya » December 14th, 2014, 2:40 pm

It's odd though - although Syd seems to have a low drop rate, no-one seems to want to buy them on the AH. I've had mine up for a few days, and have dropped the price every day (to 6.2k now), and still can't sell :/

Used to be that the price of these was around the same as the lower cost TCG pets - not anymore!

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » December 14th, 2014, 10:05 pm

It took me over 18 months to get a darkmoon eye to drop and so far no syd for me yet though i got a second eye to drop recently. A friend on same server as me has done dmf every doable day since pet battling was added and she still hasn't got the eye herself.

Kel

Post by Kel » December 15th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Well, I'm 0-14 on the two Feasel boys. My Jeremy record is way worse 'cause I started doing him a long time ago, just never paid attention to the stats. Oh well, maybe next month, right? :roll:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Pinyin
Pet Score:4663
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Pinyin » December 29th, 2014, 4:58 am

Same here. Then I lucked out and got Syd on my second battle. I will probably never have that kind of luck again.

Triara
Pet Score:2965

Post by Triara » December 29th, 2014, 6:03 am

Kel wrote:Well, I'm 0-14 on the two Feasel boys.
I am 0:131. (Yes, I kept count.) I hope this will make someone feel slightly better...

Tweak
Top Rater
Pet Score:8842
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Tweak » December 29th, 2014, 9:51 am

I didn't keep a count on the Eye, but it took me a good long while to get one, and I only got it AFTER I'd already bought one. One happened to show up reasonably cheap on my AH one day, so I jumped on it. Pretty sure it dropped the following faire, which made me facepalm. I still have the spare... never did find a good trade for it.

Syd I got two of the first faire he was available, back in Nov. On the second and third day. Which gave me hope that maybe his drop rate was less sucky than the eye. But alas, no more for the remaining week of Nov or Dec either. So either it was too high at first and they nerfed it, or I just got crazy lucky. Traded the spare for a Kovok and a Droplet of Y'shaarj right before WoD hit.

Consequently, I also won a Darkmoon Rabbit on my first kill immediately after buying one. So if my system is any indicator, go buy one, then it will drop for sure. In this case, traded the spare for a Hippogryph Hatchling and a Dragon Kite.