Post by Badpathing » December 20th, 2014, 1:23 pm

Just bought it for 100k.

No regrets.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Re: Land Shark

Post by Index » December 22nd, 2014, 10:27 am

I'm 11/50 coins in. Made a fortune on selling the feasts I made to get Leftovers. Pet + spare gold + feasts that will last me 1000 years = no regrets :)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » December 22nd, 2014, 11:04 am

Oy.....100k. You must really hate fishing with a passion.

I toughed it out and fished 50 coins myself. Urgh.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » December 22nd, 2014, 4:14 pm

I think I would possibly pay that kind of price too. I really don't like fishing. I didn't used to mind it that much; I've fished up the sea turtle during Wotlk, and one of the carps during MoP, but I just can't seem to bring myself to get into WoD fishing. Part of it is the attention required - my hearing isn't that great so I can't just listen for the "splish" sound, I actually have to stare at the bobber until I see it move. Doing this for any length of time makes me start going cross-eyed. :roll:

Saying that though, 100k is a big stack of dough. Hope you're enjoying your new fishy. :)

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » December 22nd, 2014, 11:33 pm

i am glad you had a 100k to splurge on a pet that yo wanted, i paid slightly more for a darkmoon rabbit and didn't regret that purchase either, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go enough is enough, time to spend my gold and not my time :D

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » December 23rd, 2014, 1:03 pm

Just came back to say...maybe a little regret.

Literally the next day, they started popping up on my AH..saw one today for 30k...

ouch..

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » December 23rd, 2014, 1:37 pm

Ok now that would be my luck. I have a bad habit of getting a new pet then finding it ALOT cheaper on the AH or getting it in a bag or drop.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » December 23rd, 2014, 1:49 pm

Picked up a Bonewasp today, so that leaves just 2 pets for me to find in WoD; Sea Calf and Trunks (currently working on this one).

So I guess some of them I got good deals, some I did not. That is just how it goes.

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » December 24th, 2014, 4:08 am

I had decided before the WoD opeining that I would wait at least 3 month after the launch to buy any pet on the AH and so far, I’ve been able to hold on to it. Considering the inflation that nearly all pet suffer early on, it seems the most wise, even though I must admit I get buying urges each time I check the AH.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » December 24th, 2014, 9:28 am

Honestly, I'm surprised they are appearing on the AH at all (haven't seen any yet for sale on my two realms). Who seriously does all that fishing then just goes and sells the pet at the end of it? Surely there are much easier ways to farm gold.

Rannegirl
MVP
Pet Score:5363
BattleTag®:RaiRai#1483
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Rannegirl » December 24th, 2014, 5:42 pm

Finnelis wrote:I had decided before the WoD opeining that I would wait at least 3 month after the launch to buy any pet on the AH and so far, I’ve been able to hold on to it. Considering the inflation that nearly all pet suffer early on, it seems the most wise, even though I must admit I get buying urges each time I check the AH.
I made the same promise to myself about not buying the WoD pets, since I wasted so much gold in MoP buying pets only to see them later at drastically reduced prices. The only exception I have made to this was for Hatespark the Tiny. Since I am in college, I only just got my toon to level 100 and appropriate iLvl for running MC last night. I don't think I'll be able to make enough runs through MC for Hatespark, especially since I hate raiding. So, I did buy him off the AH as I only see the price escalating in the future.

So now I'm only going to run MC - and I know I will endure great suffering - because I want the mount.

Ropefly
Pet Score:2324
Realm:Stormscale-eu

Post by Ropefly » December 25th, 2014, 5:03 pm

I can sell you mine for 50k only on stormscale eu :P but yeah I can tell you it toke me roughly 29 hours of fishing coins.
And that's witouth counting the time invested getting 700 fish and lvl 3 fishing shack

Balrizangor
MVP
Pet Score:8574
BattleTag®:Balrizangor#1255
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Balrizangor » December 26th, 2014, 3:11 pm

Graven wrote:Honestly, I'm surprised they are appearing on the AH at all (haven't seen any yet for sale on my two realms). Who seriously does all that fishing then just goes and sells the pet at the end of it? Surely there are much easier ways to farm gold.

We have 2 people on my server selling them as well and I thought the exact same thing you did, who fishes all of that for the coins if you aren't a pet collector just to sell it.

It took me around 20 hours to get mine, the ones on my server are selling for 50k, that is only 2.5k gold an hour. It would be faster to go kill Iron Orcs for 20 hours and sell the random world drop epics you will probably get, or go farm bronze whelps and sell them for 3-5k a pop.

Some people are just odd ....

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » December 28th, 2014, 1:50 pm

I talked to a couple of the sellers, and they seemed more interested in finishing off the rep than the pet itself; in other words, they used the lunker turn in to hit best friends with Nat..the coins were just a bi-product of that effort. Hence, selling the pet.

Annieb
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Annieb » December 28th, 2014, 2:28 pm

Badpathing wrote:I talked to a couple of the sellers, and they seemed more interested in finishing off the rep than the pet itself; in other words, they used the lunker turn in to hit best friends with Nat..the coins were just a bi-product of that effort. Hence, selling the pet.
Easier (imvho) to do the 3 daily rares in krasarang for NatFaction than fishing those lunkers in draenor zones... i'm around 35 coins at this point (2 of which came from lunarfell carp) and I'm ready to take a long long break after I manage it.

I'm HOPING to get my lil'leftovers from all the feast combines.. but haven't seen one yet.. so my craptastic luck is apparently running true to form :P