The Pygmy Cow

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
The Pygmy Cow

Post by Luciandk » December 21st, 2014, 12:04 pm

Ive finally aquired the [pet]Pygmy Cow[/pet], which takes placing a massive 125 workorders at the Barn to get access to. A quite lenghty affair if you dont use barns on multiple alts to speed up the process.

It was quick to level it, a single battle at Ashlei and using a spare critter level stone and buying 12x leveling stones in town.
At first glance the Pygmy Cow is quite unasuming. But it has a lot of health for a critter, packing 1709 health. Which gives plenty of time to make use of [ability]Stampede[/ability]. Which combos perfectly with [ability]Feed[/ability]. The double damage debuff from Stampede doubling the damage AND Healing of feed. Making it do 600+ healing and damage. Followed up by [ability]Udder Destruction[/ability], which will clock in at 900+ when doubled by Stampede.

Most wild pets doesnt survive long enough to be hit by Udder Destruction before they are downed. Only beasts pose a danger, but my lil 'Mad Bessie' have frequently killed lots of beasts, despite being weak against their damage.

The alternative ability set did not seem to be very useful. A dodge move on a slow pet? Seems fairly useless. Though its heal ability is a quite strong party heal. Though it does loose potency fast when a friendly pet dies, since it doesnt benefit the cow itself.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Re: The Pygmy Cow

Post by Skavenged » December 22nd, 2014, 8:57 am

How did you get up there to the cup?

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » December 22nd, 2014, 9:08 am

Skavenged wrote:How did you get up there to the cup?

Avianna's Feather. Didnt feel like swapping it at the architect table till the glass spawned on bottom floor.

Lakestone
Pet Score:5196
BattleTag®:Lakestone#2247
Realm:Blade's Edge-eu

Post by Lakestone » December 22nd, 2014, 9:19 am

Skavenged wrote:How did you get up there to the cup?
My barn has been lvl3 for 4 days now and yesterday the cup was standing at the bottom floor, so with a little patience if you don't have the feather (as I don't have) and wont swap places it will appear so you can reach it :)

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » December 22nd, 2014, 11:10 am

I had trouble with getting the milk. I parkoured my way into the top floor, but there wasn't a glass of milk to be had up there (& I was kinda mad... jump puzzles are not my thing). However, if you have a follower working the barn, you can remove them using the table, and then the glass of milk spawns on the ground floor. I should've known you were trouble, Goldmane.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 22nd, 2014, 11:47 am

Liopleurodon wrote:However, if you have a follower working the barn, you can remove them using the table, and then the glass of milk spawns on the ground floor.
It should be noted that this wont move the glass from the top floor, but it removes the condition that precludes it spawning on the ground floor. Mine spawned on the 2nd floor, but that character is an engineer, so getting it wasn't difficult (I use the glider/cloak to get me all sorts of places I don't belong - sometimes I even survive the experience).

Has anyone verified that moving the building back and forth (which costs nothing) does relocate the glass? Or does it just make the glass appear at the other plot? Not a big deal either way, will need to watch for it when I level up my remaining barns (toons are only 98 and 94 for those).

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 22nd, 2014, 3:54 pm

If you are alliance side, there is a place on the well you can jump up on to get on top of it. From there you can jump up onto the beam (Even with short dwarf legs) though it doesn't visually look like you can. From there you can easily reach the top of the barn and some goblin glider trickery will get you inside.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 22nd, 2014, 3:59 pm

Personally, I just waited for it to appear on the lower floor. I don't remember if I had a followed working there or not at the time but it only took a couple days.

Tataluibob
Top Rater
Pet Score:11349
BattleTag®:Tataluibob#2775
Realm:Vashj-eu

Post by Tataluibob » December 22nd, 2014, 4:42 pm

simple question : How many cow you can have ? 1 or 3 ?
i do not find the cup of milk anymore after i get my first one :(

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » December 22nd, 2014, 5:08 pm

One per character, 3 per account.

Tataluibob
Top Rater
Pet Score:11349
BattleTag®:Tataluibob#2775
Realm:Vashj-eu

Post by Tataluibob » December 22nd, 2014, 5:51 pm

Iibis wrote:One per character, 3 per account.

Thank you !

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » December 23rd, 2014, 11:40 pm

mine was on the top floor for my warrior. I just did some creative heroic leaping to get to the roof, and then i used my glider to do a 180 into the small window at the top of the barn.

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » December 26th, 2014, 2:49 pm

If anyone needs help getting up to the top floor on horde you can send me a pm. I'm pretty good at getting up there and as a warlock I can use my teleport and two-seater mount to get you up there.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » December 26th, 2014, 6:00 pm

Roisen wrote:If anyone needs help getting up to the top floor on horde you can send me a pm. I'm pretty good at getting up there and as a warlock I can use my teleport and two-seater mount to get you up there.
An easier alternative is the Swapblaster engineering gadget, doesnt require engi to use.
http://www.darklegacycomics.com/470

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » December 26th, 2014, 9:08 pm

Luciandk wrote: An easier alternative is the Swapblaster engineering gadget, doesnt require engi to use.
http://www.darklegacycomics.com/470
That is awesome lol

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Melfice » December 29th, 2014, 11:45 am

I got my Pygmy Cow yesterday, and it was on the top floor of the Barn. All I did was swap my Barn about 4 or 5 times, and then it spawned on the bottom floor. I got the H/P breed, and my Pet addon says there are two breeds for this pet. But the site here is saying there is only one breed.

Seems some of the WoD pets are not showing the correct breeds with addons just yet. I'm looking forward to battling with this pet soon! I'll level it up to 25 tonight and it will be a new addition to my AOE teams!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 29th, 2014, 3:52 pm

Melfice wrote:Seems some of the WoD pets are not showing the correct breeds with addons just yet. I'm looking forward to battling with this pet soon! I'll level it up to 25 tonight and it will be a new addition to my AOE teams!
The addon [url=http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/battle_pet_breedid]Battle Pet BreedID[/url] was recently updated and should now show the correct breeds of all WoD pets. Yay, many thanks to Simca for keeping it up-to-date :)

(Sorry for going off topic, just wanted to point that out for breed-enthusiasts.)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Melfice
Top Rater
Pet Score:3357
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Melfice » December 29th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Melfice wrote:Seems some of the WoD pets are not showing the correct breeds with addons just yet. I'm looking forward to battling with this pet soon! I'll level it up to 25 tonight and it will be a new addition to my AOE teams!
The addon [url=http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/battle_pet_breedid]Battle Pet BreedID[/url] was recently updated and should now show the correct breeds of all WoD pets. Yay, many thanks to Simca for keeping it up-to-date :)

(Sorry for going off topic, just wanted to point that out for breed-enthusiasts.)
Thanks! I'll update my addon tonight.

Beave
Pet Score:4259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Beave » December 29th, 2014, 6:42 pm

This is a nice little battler too with his set of skills. He has stampede (same as swarm) in slot 1, you can set up feed in slot 2, and he has either a power attack with 25% stun in slot 3, or a dodge. Plus he has a decent set of HP for a critter. Stampede and then feed alone is a nice little combo.