Best store pets?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Bellapuppy
Pet Score:763
Realm:Area 52-us
Best store pets?

Post by Bellapuppy » December 19th, 2014, 3:11 pm

I apologize ahead of time if i annoy you, I can get a little annoying at times.

I am planning on buying two pets from the wow store, i used warcraftpets to narrow the list and found the best ones would be
Lil rag, blossoming ancient, Brew pup, and the cenarion hatchling. (I have the cinder kitten already from last year)
I wanted to ask what two would be best, while im pretty sure i want rag since he battles good and is a cooking fire, what would the second one be?

Enigmaticclarity
Realm:Medivh-us

Re: Best store pets?

Post by Enigmaticclarity » December 19th, 2014, 3:22 pm

If you're going for battle strength, Lil' Ragnaros is tops and Blossoming Ancient is next. Pandaren Monk is probably third.

Bellapuppy
Pet Score:763
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Bellapuppy » December 19th, 2014, 3:34 pm

Thank you!

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » December 20th, 2014, 4:46 am

Lil'Rag may look cool and what not, but if it comes to "battle strength" he is not a strong pet by any means, neither pvp nor pve.

Blossoming Ancient is by far the best shop pet you can get, simply because of his annoying skills that make him nearly unkillable if you can not doublecounter it - pvp and pve wise.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » December 20th, 2014, 10:15 am

Spary wrote:Lil'Rag may look cool and what not, but if it comes to "battle strength" he is not a strong pet by any means, neither pvp nor pve.
I think many might disagree with you there. He's currently #5 on the highest rated battle pets, and I can see why. He's a bit slow but really hits like a truck, and he has some unique move combos. :)

Garquill
Pet Score:695
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Garquill » December 20th, 2014, 10:53 am

My Lil' Rag often kills 2 enemy pets in PvE. He's one of my carry pets when leveling others.

Anyone have opinions on Soul of the Aspects? I'm sorta looking for someone to combo with Blossoming Ancient.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 20th, 2014, 2:17 pm

As I posted in another of these "Best Store Pets" threads - Lil' Rag is the best pet because he lets you cook feasts on the bottom of the ocean. 'nuff said. ;)

Really while the store pets are cool enough, none are all that great (but they can be quite useful to have). The Blossoming Ancient for stall teams, the Pandaren Monk and Lil' XT are both useful, Lil' Rag does indeed hit like a truck, etc. But none of them are worth missing more than a meal or two for (ie: don't skip a car payment just to get one!) :mrgreen:

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 20th, 2014, 7:06 pm

Lil'Rag may look cool and what not, but if it comes to "battle strength" he is not a strong pet by any means, neither pvp nor pve.
Disagree. He's probably one of the strongest store pets (if not the strongest). He's got good stats and a good selection of abilities.

Blixtiya
Pet Score:10423
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Blixtiya » December 20th, 2014, 7:46 pm

the by far strongest are clearly blossoming ancient and lil rag. I would say ancient is in general better, but hard to say, since they do the opposite of what the other one is doing.

Spary

Post by Spary » December 21st, 2014, 3:55 am

Graven wrote:
Spary wrote:Lil'Rag may look cool and what not, but if it comes to "battle strength" he is not a strong pet by any means, neither pvp nor pve.
I think many might disagree with you there. He's currently #5 on the highest rated battle pets, and I can see why. He's a bit slow but really hits like a truck, and he has some unique move combos. :)
Hm, ok. The Problem is: while he is strong (think the strongest pet overall atm), he is so slow, he can be countered by nearly anything, sury when he hits, it may hurt, but one simple avoidance move can kill his entire "Strengthness", be it Mine/Wave or Dot/Nuke. I often see him in PvP, and will never ever understand why one would use him there (but that may just be my opinion). Nothing matters more in pvp then speed.

And for PvE, well, he is elemntal, so not really a good counter for most pve fights (in fact I do use him vs only one of the trainers, the one wit the mechanical cat that casts Lightning storm - there he shines with his lavawave). There are so many more usefull pve pets around, especially for carrying or leveling other pets, I would never think of Raggy there ;)

(Anklerender, Nether Fairy, Flamering Moth all are much more versatile and guarantee little to no downtime at all)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 21st, 2014, 12:55 pm

Spary wrote: Hm, ok. The Problem is: while he is strong (think the strongest pet overall atm), he is so slow, he can be countered by nearly anything, sury when he hits, it may hurt, but one simple avoidance move can kill his entire "Strengthness", be it Mine/Wave or Dot/Nuke. I often see him in PvP, and will never ever understand why one would use him there (but that may just be my opinion). Nothing matters more in pvp then speed.
The issue is there isn't really a way to know when to use avoidance moves. At best, you could during sons of the flame, but that doesn't really help as it is minimal damage. His real strength is Magma Trap/Magma Wave where he can choose to stun you almost any round. Being slow isn't a huge deal for him as nothing he does requires any need for speed and there aren't really any ways for the opponent to know when to use avoidance for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is the strongest pet out there, but he is definitely a stong pet in PvP when played well.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Spary

Post by Spary » December 22nd, 2014, 2:15 am

Jerebear wrote:
Spary wrote: Hm, ok. The Problem is: while he is strong (think the strongest pet overall atm), he is so slow, he can be countered by nearly anything, sury when he hits, it may hurt, but one simple avoidance move can kill his entire "Strengthness", be it Mine/Wave or Dot/Nuke. I often see him in PvP, and will never ever understand why one would use him there (but that may just be my opinion). Nothing matters more in pvp then speed.
The issue is there isn't really a way to know when to use avoidance moves. At best, you could during sons of the flame, but that doesn't really help as it is minimal damage. His real strength is Magma Trap/Magma Wave where he can choose to stun you almost any round. Being slow isn't a huge deal for him as nothing he does requires any need for speed and there aren't really any ways for the opponent to know when to use avoidance for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is the strongest pet out there, but he is definitely a stong pet in PvP when played well.
Hm?
When I see a Raggi coming, there comes either the FlamethrowerDoT or the Mine - next round use avoidance and thats it - there is no way of thinking about when to use the avoidance? Best what Raggi user can do is to anticipate when the avoidane comes but there is more unclearness on his side then on mine, since I have the speed advantage, and he must use his combomove for this is his only strength.

And while sons are out you are free to switch your pets and (what is way more important) you get your cd's back ...

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 22nd, 2014, 8:40 am

Spary wrote: Hm?
When I see a Raggi coming, there comes either the FlamethrowerDoT or the Mine - next round use avoidance and thats it - there is no way of thinking about when to use the avoidance? Best what Raggi user can do is to anticipate when the avoidane comes but there is more unclearness on his side then on mine, since I have the speed advantage, and he must use his combomove for this is his only strength.

And while sons are out you are free to switch your pets and (what is way more important) you get your cd's back ...
The ones I have run into basically toss out Magma Trap and spam Flame Thrower until you use your avoidance then they toss Magma Wave to force the trap to explode on you and stun you. They don't have to anticipate when to spring the trap, they just pound away at you until you use your avoidance. Some get sneaky and spring the trap early with Magma wave if they feel you aren't going to use your avoidance, but if they do, they have the full duration of the trap to play with you. It's just bonus to them if the trap springs early (which cannot be avoided if it happens). I realize different meta's may behave differently? I don't know if it is the "right" way to play Rag, but that's what I've run into. Again, he's no super duper start...not saying that.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 22nd, 2014, 12:14 pm

Spary wrote:And while sons are out you are free to switch your pets and (what is way more important) you get your cd's back ...
Your CDs will come back regardless and you can't attack them either (unless you have an earthquake pet but then you wouldn't be free so it's a none issue.) If they've used the trap, you're not entirely free because anything you do can see it off, even switching pets or using your CDs. Set a trap, do sons, then wave when you come back up and the trap is ready the next round or two.

Or they could just set the trap and switch out to one of their other pets. I rarely see someone use Rag as their first pet and not change it out after a trap goes down. That's where the threat really comes from, when you're down to one pet, there's a trap out, and the rag does Son's. It's just weedling you down.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » December 22nd, 2014, 1:56 pm

I just got Rags, and haven't had time to play with him yet. But I'll put in my bid for Blossoming Ancient. I love that tree! He's awesome! He was the first store pet I got, and he's been one of my fav pets ever since. 8-)

Monk is pretty good in certain situations, more so for PvE than anything else. But I do use him quite a bit there.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » January 1st, 2015, 7:31 pm

For me, Rags first

Blossoming Ancient second... but I avoid stall teams...the ancient is just awesome to drag around with you