Random Acts of Kindness

A place to discuss anything and everything else.
Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us
Random Acts of Kindness

Post by Shikon01 » December 19th, 2013, 9:32 pm

So what is your random act of kindness for Christmas Real life or in wow?
I will start. I always clean out my bank at Christmas time giving away items and pets to those in need. In RL I purchase toys for kids that I know would not have a Christmas and try to full fill as many wishes as possible Its a yearly tradition and this year is alittle tougher than usual and I may eat soup for next 2 weeks but well worth it. As a police officer, I witness the worse this world has to offer as well as the good in others so I try to keep a list of those whose path I cross and make a difference in my own small way. Many of us in the community help w/ school supplies, clothing and summer activities, but at Christmas time, for me its all about the kids and the memories of all the great Christmases I had as a child and hope to make come true for other children.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Re: Random Acts of Kindness

Post by Echinacea » August 1st, 2014, 2:24 pm

when i was visiting my girlfriend in indiana last month, i took her 7 year old to drive through dairy queen to get breakfast for us all. each time we go into the store, she wants to put whatever change she has (when im paying cash i give the kids the change) in the salvation army donation bin. well, this particular day her karma paid off....when i drove up to the window and ask how much, the cashier said the previous car paid our bill for us.

evidently, my gf said that its kind of a thing to do in the area.....when you can, pay for others randomly

Auckleenjim
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Auckleenjim » September 25th, 2014, 11:20 pm

thank you so much

Electrolytez
Pet Score:237
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Electrolytez » October 20th, 2014, 8:35 am

Hmmm giving couple of dollars to a little girl (about 5 yrs old) when I was working as waiter. She was trying to get some donations for her school and apparently I was the very first person for half a day >.> later on she and her mother came back that day and gave me a bag full of home made cookies.

Sujaku
Realm:Alleria-eu

Post by Sujaku » February 18th, 2015, 4:40 am

For me it is not any special day or festival but I like to give away food and blanket every now and then to the homeless. Their smile is my reward. :)

Post by Guest » December 4th, 2015, 1:09 pm

Yeah giving is awesome. I regularly try to give whatever food or extra food I have to the homeless here. So let's say if I get a KFC bucket, and I got a few pieces left, instead of having it the next day as left overs, I place it outside our apartment building near the garbage can (Covered ofcourse) so they can eat it. Sometimes I leave a note that says 'don't give up' or 'keep going' as well.