Trading

A place to discuss anything and everything else.
Brownheidi
Pet Score:2548
Realm:Skullcrusher-us
Trading

Post by Brownheidi » November 13th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Wondering how you go about trading pets and stones once you have a signature. Can
anyone help me out?
Petcrazy#2617

Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Trading

Post by Skyquake » November 20th, 2013, 7:32 pm

You browse my trade list posted in Pet Trading (US/ EU) and see that I have pet A and want pet B. In-game, you send me a RealID Friends Request with a note that says "pet trade." I accept. The next time we're in-game at the same time, we agree where to meet (in practice, it's usually the human starting area). You make a level one on my realm, I hearth to SW and meet you. We cage the pets and trade. You learn the pet and log back to your realm.

To trade stones, a bit of trust is involved: you need to cage and trade the pets you want upgraded. Your counterparty learns them and upgrades them. Then he or she trades them back to you in exchange for whatever you have agreed on. No one savvy would try to cheat you because you just file a ticket and eventually Blizzard will fix it... but not everybody's savvy.

You can also exchange leveling services. Many of us are not content to have a frog, or a rare frog, or even a rare of all the frogs: they need to all be level 25. Having quite enough to do to level our wild-caught untradeable pets, we farm out the leveling of the tradeables. There's a number of ways to do this and it can be tricky because there's no reason to level a pet to 25 and then upgrade it and in doing so de-level it back to 23. Perhaps the leveler has some stones, perhaps the customer just upgrades a level one pet and gives it to the leveler. Typically multiple pets will be leveled and exchanged for a single pet worth a few thousand gold. Needless to say, that's all a LOT easier if the leveler has any use for gold on the customer's server. Cheers!

Brownheidi
Pet Score:2548
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Re: Trading

Post by Brownheidi » November 27th, 2013, 11:32 pm

Ok thanks so much!
Petcrazy#2617