How?

A place to discuss anything and everything else.
Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us
How?

Post by Uduwudu » March 6th, 2017, 10:15 am

Hi,

Sorry to bother you fine folks, but I got an invitation from O5Beta (have no idea who that is), and no information and no message and no nothing.

I would not mind joining up in playing Beta some, since the daily grind for a Crawling Craw is now into the neolithic age of desperation ... and a break would be nice! ;)

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: How?

Post by Paladance » March 6th, 2017, 10:24 am

Either just an odd nickname or something fishy that will attempt to get your data. These things don't work like that.

And for future thoughts, to be considered a target for an invitation you need to apply for that (you need to choose games of interest, for example) first in your battle.net profile.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 6th, 2017, 1:54 pm

There is currently no open or closed Beta for World of Warcraft that I know of.

The PTR is the only testing server that is available at the moment. Anyone can download and log into the PTR, no invite is required.

Any "invite" you get for WoW should be heavily scrutinized and seen as a possibly malicious attempt to collect personal information/login information.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 6th, 2017, 8:13 pm

If Blizzard does give you Beta access, without having to do a single thing via email, you can look at your BNET launcher, select wow and in the drop down, it will list Beta in your options for which WoW install to run.

When they were giving out Beta invites last time, all I did was check my BNET launcher daily until it popped in there. Never trust emails for stuff like this.

As mentioned above, however, you do have to indicate in your BNET profile that you want beta access to a game. Again, no email required. You can log into your account and change the settings there.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » April 15th, 2017, 9:26 am

Hi,

Thanks all.

I was pretty sure that the whole thing was some kind of phishing scam, and a week later deleted the "friend".

I just found it rather strange, as it all came right AFTER I started posting here on this board about the new possibilities for the Class Hall thing.