How do I set a signature pic please?

A place to discuss anything and everything else.
Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us
How do I set a signature pic please?

Post by Logansfury » April 6th, 2016, 7:30 pm

Good Evening,

So I spent a few hours in Gimp and put together a sig picture in the 730x120 format accepted here. How do I assign it to my account please? Been poking around the site cant find anything >.<

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Re: How do I set a signature pic please?

Post by Yazhi » April 7th, 2016, 8:10 am

Sent you an email with the details :) For anyone else who is curious to this the link is as follows:

Forum FAQ (it's on the right hand side next to the members button just below your pet info) and you will find this :

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/faq.php#f1r2

With lots of other useful tips to make using the site even nicer and brighter then it already is!

Enjoy ^^

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 7th, 2016, 1:58 pm

Good Morning Azaelia,

According to fax:

"How do I add a signature to my post?
To add a signature to a post you must first create one via your User Control Panel. Once created, you can check the Attach a signature box on the posting form to add your signature. You can also add a signature by default to all your posts by checking the appropriate radio button in your profile. If you do so, you can still prevent a signature being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box within the posting form."

I cannot find User Control Panel, I dont see any radio buttons. I opened the Reply to in Off-Topic forum, and see I have "Attach a signature" checked but I dont see anything else youre instructing me to look for.

Need more help please >.<

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 7th, 2016, 2:07 pm

I see "upload attachment" tab next to options tab in the post reply section, but nothing to check to indicate its a sig and not just a random image for a post

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » April 7th, 2016, 3:08 pm

Right at the top of this thread, you'll find the following links: "Board Index>Off Topic>Off Topic" and on the next line is "User Control Panel * View Your Posts"

That's where your user control panel is.

Hope that helps!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 7th, 2016, 3:18 pm

Ty for the reply, I think im getting closer.

Ive found the User Control Panel, I see there is an edit signature, but Im not seeing anywhere to easily upload a sig pic. I see an IMG button but its asking for a URL.

Do I have to have my sig pic hosted somewhere? I was hoping to just upload it from my HD to this site.

Yazhi
MVP

Post by Yazhi » April 7th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Ok so a little more in depth for you:

- Below the board index you will see user control panel, click on that
-on the tabs click forum profile
- on the left click edit signature (the lower option)

There you will get a box appear where you can enter your signature.

You will have to upload your image from something like tinypic/imgur etc. Enter the code into there and save it :)

That's everything step by step :)

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 7th, 2016, 5:09 pm

OK I followed all the steps and got the error: It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

I made sure my image was 730x120 what do I do now?

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 7th, 2016, 5:13 pm

It failed at imagr, so I tried at tinypic and now ive got the error: Your images may only be up to 700 pixels wide.

headed back to gimp to redo my sig >.<

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 7th, 2016, 5:25 pm

SUCCESS!!!! WONDERFUL, HORRIBLE SUCCESS!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA *cough* *gasp* *wheeze*

Yazhi
MVP

Post by Yazhi » April 7th, 2016, 5:33 pm

Woooo congrats :DDD

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » April 8th, 2016, 12:51 pm

A nice one indeed!

I like how the bronze whelp is placed irregularly. Time warps and stuff! 8-)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 8th, 2016, 3:42 pm

Thank you very much! Didnt want to ask but I was holding my breath waiting to hear from anyone if it sucked or not. My first ever sig lol.

Im not 100% satisfied with it. I think the white background could use some kind of pale colored design/texture, and I cant stand the plain red outline of the white bar, I keep looking at GIMP tutorials and I cant find a way to make the boarder look glossy or metallic red or ANYTHING other than the simple outline I managed to pull off.

Glad the Bronze Whelpling stood out, I took a bit of extra time on him to try to get a few chuckles.

Logan

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 8th, 2016, 11:40 pm

First draft is never, ever, good enough lol.

I had to go back into GIMP and work some more. The Bronze Whelp got displaced in the image by a Dark Whelp but overall I think it has a much cooler 3D effect. Think ill call this one done for now.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » April 9th, 2016, 3:37 am

EDIT: Didn't notice the later post. Still, I'll leave that. I'm not a WoD designer to need to scrap the things already made. :mrgreen:

Don't be afraid to play with layers! You can set the way they cover the other ones and multiply them a lot just to backup them. :mrgreen:

Probably there are some premade effects and addons, but you may experiment with the gradients first on a selected little fragment.

I know an imperfect but WMotT way to get the transparent background again with the proper borders around the objects. While the classic wand method is good enough when you're lucky with parameters, you can create an additional layer above where you treat the layer with the tool allowing to change any color (like white) to alpha instead -- that's somewhere in the color section. It dilutes all of the bright fragments what's not good with the dark background planned, but with the layer below you can get them back.
If it's still too dark just copy the value and/or saturation from an untouched layer.

Oh, and don't be afraid to use the Web to help yourself. There are resource websites that allow the users to pick up their content without any restrictions. Openclipart.org and pixabay.com are quite plentiful ones. :)
Summary of the license: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

I wish I weren't just an amateur. These papers are quite expensive, 'mon.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 9th, 2016, 2:28 pm

Thanks for those links, ill check em out.

I did give another pass at the white bar before I had redone the whelps. I webhunted a fire/flames seamless tile, imported it into my gimp and filled the white with it, used some transparencies and got a nice background look that matched the flame colors of the Mage robes - but it made everything look overall too busy and I realized the white for contrast is what made the whelps pop. They just needed to be redone to take advantage of the 3D potential of their paws. (ill upload the flames version below so you can see the comparison).

What I really want is to enhance that red boarder. I want it to look glossy, like metal or glass, kind of an anodized red if you know what I mean. Can you suggest anything? Ive been hunting for web tutes for GIMP on youtube and google for 2 days now.
Attachments
LGN_firesig.jpg
discarded edit idea
LGN_firesig.jpg (81.4KiB)Viewed 16556 times

Yazhi
MVP

Post by Yazhi » April 10th, 2016, 5:27 am

Logansfury wrote:Thanks for those links, ill check em out.

I did give another pass at the white bar before I had redone the whelps. I webhunted a fire/flames seamless tile, imported it into my gimp and filled the white with it, used some transparencies and got a nice background look that matched the flame colors of the Mage robes - but it made everything look overall too busy and I realized the white for contrast is what made the whelps pop. They just needed to be redone to take advantage of the 3D potential of their paws. (ill upload the flames version below so you can see the comparison).

What I really want is to enhance that red boarder. I want it to look glossy, like metal or glass, kind of an anodized red if you know what I mean. Can you suggest anything? Ive been hunting for web tutes for GIMP on youtube and google for 2 days now.
I've never used GIMP but I used to use PS back in the old day.

There should be a way for you to duplicate the layer of just the red border/create another one. Use filter tools to create the look that you are wanting.

There's also the option of creating a new layer and adding small amounts of white to certain parts you want to add an effect to and you could create a Gaussian blur/fade the viability of it slightly to create a shine.

Miss the old photoshop days, should get back into it but so much stuff going on with life atm! :P

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 14th, 2016, 4:55 pm

I dont know how my email notifier missed this. Thank you for the advice ill try this in GIMP or fire up an older comp with PS.

Sunborne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5096
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Sunborne » April 19th, 2016, 6:55 am

Logansfury wrote:I dont know how my email notifier missed this. Thank you for the advice ill try this in GIMP or fire up an older comp with PS.

Is there a specific tutorial video you watched to learn how to get GIMP working? I've downloaded it and for the life of me I have no idea what I'm doing lol.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 19th, 2016, 12:18 pm

Sunborne wrote:Is there a specific tutorial video you watched to learn how to get GIMP working? I've downloaded it and for the life of me I have no idea what I'm doing lol.
Hi Sunborne,

I had previous experience with PS 6,6.1 and 7 and GIMP was similar enough in GUI that I was able to navigate it without a basic tutorial, but I was constantly hitting google with "how do I make rounded corners in GIMP", "how do I load a custom texture in GIMP" as I went thru building my sig. YouTube had tutes for just about everything I couldnt recall or find myself.