Screenshot upload guide

A place to discuss anything and everything else.
Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Screenshot upload guide

Post by Madja » February 14th, 2016, 10:52 pm

Hello all!

As screenshots are often a requirement for entry in my raffles I decided to post a picture guide on how to actually upload them.
It'll be aimed at complete newbies, so please forgive me if you feel that something is explained in too much detail!

I assume that everyone here is able to take a screenshot in-game, but just a quick guide in case you don't.
You basically just press the 'Print Scrn' button on your keyboard and a screenshot will be automatically sent to your Screenshots folder.
Additionally you can press 'Alt+Z' and it will hide your UI.

Disclaimer: I only know how to do it on Windows, so I apologize if it's different on your operating system.
Also note that TinyPic might look slightly different on your computer, as I have AdBlock enabled.

Please note that you need to have 10 posts in order to be allowed to upload images on this site!
A solution for my raffles would be to simply post the link with a space between the . and the com in your url. That way I can still access it.

Anyways, on to the guide!

• The first thing you'll want to do, after you've taken your screenshot, is to find a site to upload it on.
    You can do this by searching for "image upload" on google. This should give you a result similar to this:
  • You can use any of the sites that it find, but I personally use the highlighted 'TinyPic' and so will be using that for the guide as well.
  • Once you open TinyPic it should look like this:
  • You'll want to click the 'Browse' button - which I've highlighted on the image.

That should open up this window:
  • Now you'll be asked to locate the image you wish to upload - this will be in your screenshot folder which is located inside your World of Warcraft installation folder.
    The default location for it is 'C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Screenshots', but as you can see on the image mine is in a custom location.

Click on the screenshot that you wish to upload and then click on 'Open'
  • It should now look like this:
  • Click on the 'Upload Now' button highlighted on the image. (You may be asked to fill out a Captcha, though this only happens occasionally.)
  • After it has uploaded you'll be directed to this page:
  • The link highlighted in red can be copied directly into a message on Warcraftpets and it will show the image when posted.
    If you use this option you can skip the next step!
  • The option highlighted in green is a direct link to the image. Some sites might not have a pre-coded link, so I will show you what to do in that case:
  • Copy the link into your message and mark it as shown. Now click the 'Img' button that is highlighted on the image. This will add the needed code to make the image show.
    Alternatively you can type the code yourself.
  • The final result should look like this:

• Now simply submit your post and you're done!
  • Success!!
Last edited by Madja on February 23rd, 2016, 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Screenshot upload guide

Post by Madja » February 14th, 2016, 10:57 pm

Some images might to be a bit too big to show properly on this site, so just a really quick guide on how to scale them down.

I'll assume you have the program 'Microsoft Paint' installed, as it basically comes with every Windows installation.

• Locate paint by clicking the windows icon and searching for it as shown in the image (this will be different on other versions of Windows - hopefully you know how to search for a program in your version)

• Now click on 'File' highlighted in the image and then click on 'Open'
  • A window identical to the one on TinyPic will now appear. Locate your screenshot and open it.
  • Now click on the Resize option as shown in the image.
  • This will open a window like this:
  • Correct the 100% shown into the desired percentage you wish your image to be reduce to.
    Because I have a rather large monitor I prefer something like 35% for WoW screenshots, this will make them fit the page on the forum. It all depends on your screen size, though. You might find something like 50% more fitting.

I hope this helps!
Please let me know if there's anything you wish to be explained in greater detail!
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Post by Guest » February 12th, 2017, 8:27 am

Really useful, TY!

Post by Guest » June 15th, 2017, 4:03 am

Or you can use Lightshoft. it automatically upload in their host so you just need share the link :D

Post by Guest » August 6th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Thanks for this long explanation 8-)