Goodbye for now!

A place to discuss anything and everything else.
Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us
Goodbye for now!

Post by Doobjanka » January 4th, 2016, 11:58 am

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say goodbye to all the wonderful people I've interacted with over the years I was the Community Admin. I got to run some awesome contests in my six years. I interacted with people on Facebook, Twitter and the website. Reading all the submissions for the various contests we've run was a highlight for me. I wouldn't trade the time I've dedicated to the site for anything!

My main reason for stepping down is I no longer have the time to play. I met a wonderful girl last year and we will be getting married soon (Not a Blizzard Soon either, like in two weeks soon!). I've been trying to get her into WoW as well, but it's going to take time! It's nice to have a long term project!

I've met some amazing people through the site, through in-game whispers, emails and even people at our Blizzcon meetups! We started the guild on Madoran at the beginning of MoP. Honestly, I stuck with the game longer than I thought I would because of the guilds! I always said the pet collecting community was top notch and I saw that with my own eyes.

I'm not quitting WoW indefinitely, but I am hiatus until Legion beta. Perhaps my fiancée will get the hang of it soon, and then I'll be back to playing a lot! For now though, thank you all for making me feel at home and welcomed in our community!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Gracies
Pet Score:5026
BattleTag®:Graciepriest#1638
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Re: Goodbye for now!

Post by Gracies » January 5th, 2016, 8:43 am

Congratulations to you and your fiancee! All the very best with all future endeavours and hopefully your bride-to-be will discover how much fun it is to collect pets :D! Thanks for all your hard work with the website, contests, guilds and whatnot. Good luck and hope to see ya back in no time :)!

Candaara
Pet Score:4748
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Post by Candaara » January 5th, 2016, 9:06 am

Doob----

The right words are not easy. You've been a good friend, pet battling mentor to me, Canda, Tirgold. Your knowledge, guidance, advice, wisdom and help, have helped build my battle pet collection immensely to where it is this minute and still levelling it up, adding as I can to it. That success I know you will be proud of. :D :D :D

Follow your heart and I hope your choice of life-mate brings you every possible happiness. I think of you as a WoW brother, and welcome her as a new WoW sister. That you will be able to help inspire her to kindle a passion for WoW, the adventuring, battle pets, I have no doubts of at all. The months ahead are plenty of time to ignite that inner flame that all WoW gamers have. Having a life-partner to share life's adventure AND WoW's adventuring together----is to be greatly enjoyed and treasured. Your lady has a battle tag friend waiting when she starts her adventuring in me, and I will help as I am able.

Good close friends grow, learn, sometimes for a little while tread slightly different paths, but they are always close and caring of each other. This is one of those moments for our friendship, and I welcome what it will bring with happiness and hugs for you and your lady.

Canda

Edonae
Pet Score:8952
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Edonae » January 5th, 2016, 9:37 am

While I don't know you personally, I greatly respect the time you've put into helping develop the WarcraftPets community. I've learned a lot from this site and the community surrounding it, and I thank you for your part in making this such a great resource.

Here's to you!

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » January 5th, 2016, 10:26 am

While I am not top poster , nor top of anything on the site , i have been a reader since the day i join.
While i dont know don't know you personally, and never have the honor to discuss with you , i have to say , i have been stunned by the work and time you have given to the communnity.
Pet have been the reason , i am still playing wow and you have been my target ( in the good way) since all the year :)

have good time with your fiancee and your new goal and get back to us when you feel it will be time :)

i will not say goodbye , but see you soon

From a Canadian follower:)

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » January 5th, 2016, 10:53 am

Cya Doobie, you were inspirational to a lot on here, and your presence will surely be missed!!!

p.s. does this mean I can has your cheeseburger Pet collections? :P

All the best!

Index (North-East England)

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799

Post by Morlis » January 5th, 2016, 11:49 am

Congrats on your soon to be wedding!!

Thanks for all your efforts here and in game!

I too have been trying other things as of late, seems that the content is a bit stagnant for now.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Petzy
Pet Score:11826
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Petzy » January 5th, 2016, 2:55 pm

Doobjanka wrote: My main reason for stepping down is I no longer have the time to play. I met a wonderful girl last year and we will be getting married soon (Not a Blizzard Soon either, like in two weeks soon!). I've been trying to get her into WoW as well, but it's going to take time! It's nice to have a long term project!

I'm not quitting WoW indefinitely, but I am hiatus until Legion beta. Perhaps my fiancée will get the hang of it soon, and then I'll be back to playing a lot! For now though, thank you all for making me feel at home and welcomed in our community!
Congratulations on the wedding & finding your wonderful girl! I wish you both the very best!!! (I wish there was a way to throw confetti on here....)

I am so glad you are still trying to get her into WOW, I hope she will grow to love it too. (Or at least not mind if you come visit us :D )

Clearly I am not alone in looking forward to seeing you come back, hopefully both of you, and I will miss you while you are busy with that strange thing called RL ;)

Prudene
Top Rater
Pet Score:5067
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Prudene » January 5th, 2016, 3:26 pm

am going to miss you. But what is our loss is your soon-to-be-brides' gain. congratulations!
hope your marriage is as much fun as pet collecting :)

Grundy
Top Rater
Pet Score:13832
BattleTag®:Drax13#1271
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Grundy » January 5th, 2016, 3:57 pm

Goodbye, and good luck on everything that comes next!

Arizonared
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Arizonared » January 5th, 2016, 6:54 pm

Congratulations and best wishes to you and your future wife. It's been a pleasure knowing you and I look forward to your return with your lovely wife at your side. :)

Waveryn
Pet Score:13667

Post by Waveryn » January 5th, 2016, 7:49 pm

Congrats Doob!! I enjoyed what little time I had the pleasure in game doing stuff with you and always hoped to do more raiding and runs just never have time, enjoy the new relationship and we look forward to maybe seeing you and your new boss in game :mrgreen:
Wave

Tejana
Pet Score:5124

Post by Tejana » January 5th, 2016, 10:03 pm

Oh Doob! Congratulations! I've been in a bit of my own world on WOW lately, so haven't been terribly active guildwise, but I've missed seeing you pop on, but good to know it's for very happy reasons!! Look forward to seeing Mr and Mrs Doob on sometime in the future when you convert her ;) You have set an amazing legacy for us and I'm proud to have been in WarcraftPets from back when it was a tiny guild and I had to wait several days for a member to be on who could add me! None of that now and it's all thanks to you. Best of luck and happiness in the future! xxx

Cymre
MVP
Pet Score:13607
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Cymre » January 5th, 2016, 11:26 pm

Congratulations and best of luck in all your future endeavours. Thank you for all you've done for the community. You will be missed.
Blogger, YouTuber and Pet Tamer

Sazalla
Top Rater
Pet Score:13660
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Sazalla » January 5th, 2016, 11:28 pm

Hiya,

Talked to ya briefly in the greenwall guild chat, my family and I joined the various Madoran guilds when you were having the Thundering Jade serpent giveaway. We've stayed on to stay in touch with the fellow pet collecting folk. Great to hear you're leaving for a good reason! Glad for all the work you've done in helping this site out, it's been my go-to pet site since forever and it's because of folks like Doob that help make it so great.

See ya in the funny papers!

Sazalla, aka Waxil of WCPets

Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Sedaii » January 5th, 2016, 11:46 pm

Dear Doob,

All the best to you and your bride to be, on all the new adventures you will have together. You have been such an asset, even to those of us who didn't interact with you on a regular basis. I don't think you can know how much help and inspiration you've provided both here and in the guilds.

Best wishes,

Sedaii
Sedaii#1645

Find me on Madoran:

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11274
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » January 6th, 2016, 1:37 am

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! That's a great reason to put WoW on hold for awhile.

Hopefully she'll come around to gaming, I know it's so much easier living with another gamer - they understand things!

Thank you for all you've done over the years, big shoes to fill!

Pikafido
MVP
Pet Score:13608
BattleTag®:Pikafido#2789
Realm:Aerie Peak-eu

Post by Pikafido » January 6th, 2016, 3:24 am

Thanks for all your dedicated work!!! And all the best in the near future for you and your relatives!!

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » January 6th, 2016, 3:40 am

There are many reasons to quit this silly game, but yours is one of the good ones - gratz on your next chapter.

You will be missed.

Bellababy463
Top Rater
Pet Score:10496

Post by Bellababy463 » January 6th, 2016, 5:00 am

Congratulations on your up coming marriage!!!!!! :D :D I will miss all your wonderful advise and wisdom. Good luck in all you do and look forward to your return to us with your new bride. ;) ;) ;)