Toy Collecting

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Ruta
MVP
Pet Score:11775
Realm:Draenor-eu
Toy Collecting

Post by Ruta » March 13th, 2022, 3:56 pm

I'm hoping some of you lovely people collect Toys too. If only because some of the Toy Achievements are rewarded with Pets. :mrgreen:

So I'm hoping, but Google says no, that there is a site like this for Toys and collecting. Also, and alternatively, what tools / addons are people using to track Toys?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you. :D

Ruta
MVP
Pet Score:11775
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Toy Collecting

Post by Ruta » March 17th, 2022, 9:08 am

No one knows anything (or cares to answer). :lol:

So here is what I have found. Although I found nothing as wonderful as this website, with lists printable and downloadable in .csv format, I did find a couple of smart sites that can be used to assist with Toy Collecting. :?

WoWThing works like SimC / Raidbots: install an addon, upload a file (.../World of Warcraft/_retail_/WTF/Account/[Your Account Name]/SavedVariables/WoWthing_Collector.lua. This will update the website and show you your character and a wealth of other information offline. Toys are listed too and you can filter out Missing or Collected. 8-)

SimpleArmory works in a similar way, you copy the output of an addon in game and paste that into the SimpleArmory website (more closely analogous to SimC/Raidbots).

Both sites display things in slightly different ways, I preferred WoWThings way of doing it. YMMV Neither of these sites is perfect, they lack an export function to easily compile lists of toys you're collecting, but they are a great help...more so if you can have them on-screen while playing WoW (in a two monitor environment for example).

I hope someone finds this helpful as I did some graft finding and sorting various resources before finding these two. :mrgreen:

Post by Guest » December 15th, 2022, 5:22 am

Thanks for sharing your own research. I don't collect toys yet, but I'm thinking about it, so it's useful for me

Post by Guest » April 24th, 2023, 11:04 pm

I am keen on collecting stickers of characters in famous cartoons. However, I am considering collecting toys about characters in famous cartoons.

Post by Guest » April 25th, 2023, 4:07 am

I am planning a great collection. and it's great when I see your postavatar game

Speedygonzales
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Speedygonzales » April 25th, 2023, 11:56 am

Ruta wrote:
March 17th, 2022, 9:08 am
No one knows anything (or cares to answer). :lol:

So here is what I have found. Although I found nothing as wonderful as this website, with lists printable and downloadable in .csv format, I did find a couple of smart sites that can be used to assist with Toy Collecting. :?

WoWThing works like SimC / Raidbots: install an addon, upload a file (.../World of Warcraft/_retail_/WTF/Account/[Your Account Name]/SavedVariables/WoWthing_Collector.lua. cubes 2048 This will update the website and show you your character and a wealth of other information offline. Toys are listed too and you can filter out Missing or Collected. 8-)

SimpleArmory works in a similar way, you copy the output of an addon in game and paste that into the SimpleArmory website (more closely analogous to SimC/Raidbots).

Both sites display things in slightly different ways, I preferred WoWThings way of doing it. YMMV Neither of these sites is perfect, they lack an export function to easily compile lists of toys you're collecting, but they are a great help...more so if you can have them on-screen while playing WoW (in a two monitor environment for example).

I hope someone finds this helpful as I did some graft finding and sorting various resources before finding these two. :mrgreen:
I appreciate your sharing. WoWThings seems to be nicer than SimpleArmony. :D

Darkartist
MVP
Pet Score:13848
Realm:Shadow Council-us

Post by Darkartist » June 19th, 2023, 10:16 am

I used Wowthing. It is not perfect, but pretty good, especially for a free tool.
Sadly, Mounts and Pets get all the attention it seems.
I would love to see a "Warcrafttoys.com" spin off from this site.