Apply TW mechanics to the world event instances, please!

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Apply TW mechanics to the world event instances, please!

Post by Paladance » October 17th, 2016, 4:21 am

Call me a convenience lover and Slowpoke, but the fact that world event instances (Ahune, Coren, Horseman, etc) are still restricted to max level is silly to me…

I'd suggest applying the same mechanic as the TW one to include some lower levels. Unlocking the instance from lvl 15 would be exaggerating, but how about the original level cap -- from the first year of it's existence?

Well, they aren't even very eager to update the events' story though they really should in some cases (Children's Week!!!), so it'd also make more sense when you think about the timelines.

I'm writing it here because I'm such a chicken today to post on the chocolate forums due to possible callings :oops: and I'm a bit afraid that our #noloveforeu memes haven't emerged out of nowhere.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/787127602406240258 :D
(Thanks to @Vakeetah for the link!)
And sorry for my bitterness, you know how it looks sometimes over the game x)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Paladance

Thank you!

Post by Paladance » December 8th, 2016, 4:28 pm

News from the PTR on Love is in the Air:
Uncle Wowhead wrote:You no longer have to be maximum level (110) to defeat the Crown Company; these bosses now scale like the pre-expansion Demon Invasion bosses. We were able to queue up on level 20+ characters; have fun farming the Big Love Rocket!

As a result, the loot rewards are now appropriate to your level, similar to how Timewarped loot works. For example, Winking Eye of Love is ilvl 830 at 110, and scales down if you loot it at a lower level.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Re: Apply TW mechanics to the world event instances, please!

Post by Yazhi » January 9th, 2017, 12:17 pm

Wow that's great news :o especially as that love rocket is such an imaginary mount that doesn't exist even though my friend got it the day it was released -.- I have lost count the years I farmed that on at least 10 characters a day!

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » January 11th, 2017, 8:46 am

I am actually dreading this change a little bit. In previous years needing a max-level character to farm holiday mounts put a nice limit on how much time I could spend. I currently have only three characters at 110, because I'm still spending a lot of time on my main. Later on in an expansion it was okay to have more characters available to farm with, since by then I wasn't doing as much anyway.

As it stands now, I have over 20 characters that are level 20 or above, and I'll feel obligated to farm the Love Rocket on as many of those as possible. This will likely take a lot of time and quickly become not fun. Honestly, the fight itself doesn't take long, but queuing over and over will become quite tedious even if they're 5 to 10 minutes each. Hopefully the influx of lower-level characters able to queue helps with that.

The worst thing however, is that the drop rate being so low and the odds being what they are; even running this 50 times each day (max number of characters you can have on one account) you're still very unlikely to see this mount for years. (Check this out if you don't believe me https://sivation.blog/2016/02/23/never- ... -the-odds/.) Running this a few times a day and not getting it is understandably frustrating, but probably won't have you pulling out your hair like doing it 25 times a day with no luck would.

Honestly, this is probably more of a rant about the Love Rocket in particular. For any of the other holiday mounts, this change does make it far easier. The drop rate on the Love Rocket is just so low that doubling or even tripling how many times you can do it makes very little difference. Since it's the only (currently attainable) holiday mount I'm missing, I'll of course be doing this as much as I can stand though. And if I actually do get the mount this would of course be the best thing that ever happened.

Good luck to everyone who will be trying for it as well.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » February 8th, 2017, 10:44 am

I can understand that, not always there's enough time anyway… ;)

I'm not sure the scaling here is polished enough. As a low lvl DPS I was outaggroing the lvl 100 tank.

(I can't recall such problems from the TW dungeons, even the TBC ones.)

EDIT: I'm a bad, bad person, I've let myself to queue as a healer! Let me just leave that here:
heala.png
heala.png (103.39KiB)Viewed 6151 times
Now I need to donate a pet to someone to wipe out the impact of that foul experiment!