WoW Chat

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us
Re: WoW Chat

Post by Lysi » July 9th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Five characters to 85, only 11 more to go, lol. I want to keep working on leveling them, but I'd also like to work on my mount collection and such. Not enough time!
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » July 15th, 2012, 12:05 am

Before I start seriously leveling another character, I'm going to try to finish up some odds and ends. So today I killed over 14,000 critters. 'Dillo! :mrgreen:

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » July 16th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Well, I'm going to give up working on the title "the Patient" for my hunter (you get it from "Looking for Many"). I was just called "attention whore" and "liar" because I was playing badly and I said I'd never been in Shadowfang keep before (they didn't believe me). I was also accused of buying my account. Someone said my achievements said I'd been to 345 dungeons. I don't think any acheivement even has that info?! I checked my stats, and I've entered 39 dungeons total with that character (it must count the low level ones I did for pets or mounts). I don't know where the person in the group came up with 345 (maybe all my toons together could be that high, counting the low level runs through the same dungeon over and over for a drop, would someone be able to see stats from all my toons?!) I've been in bad groups before, but this was just so mean-spirited. I'll have to find another title for her to work on.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » July 17th, 2012, 7:37 am

I'm too impatient to work on that title as well!
Mingyao on Madoran

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » July 17th, 2012, 10:26 am

GormanGhaste wrote:I'm too impatient to work on that title as well!
I hear ya! When I got married, hubby and I both had to suppress a laugh, when the judge who married us had us say "I promise to practice patience" as part of our vows. :lol:

It's just as well I quit working on that, so now I can work on something fun. I've decided my hunter is going to wait until October and work on the Hallow's End achievements for her title instead. Since the GNERDs thing is only 10 kills now, it might be doable even for me, lol. Hallow's End is a nostalgic time for that character, I created her just at the beginning of the event one year. I remember the headless horseman talking over the race intro narration you hear when you make a new character, lol. "Time is short, I'll soon retire!"

So my next task now will be (finally) getting Lysi to 85. She's 73 already. I'm going to concentrate on getting pets none of my characters have yet while leveling. So right now she's doing archeology, it's good XP, and she still needs the pterrordax. At 80 she'll hit Mt Hyjal since I don't have any of the Hyjal pets yet (5 of them?) Tips appreciated! I see Quintessence has a community guide for the adorable bear cub. :mrgreen:

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » August 12th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Lysi got the Blue Mini Jouster and hit level 83, hazzah! The mini jouster always sounded so complicated, I didn't know if I'd be able to do it. She's doing the daily to get the other jouster.

Lysi now has 143 pets, and I have 171 pets collectively. I'm trying to get her to 150 before the panda parade, just to get it on a single character. I'm concentrating on pets none of my other gals have, like the Crawling Claw and the Hyjal pets. But I'll also have to pick up anything I can get without much trouble, to have a chance to make it to 150, so I check for Crocs in the City every day and such.

I've always found Mt Hyjal tedious, but now that I've gotten farther into the questlines than I did leveling my 85s, I'm kind of enjoying it. I'll probably feel differently after I've done a month of dailies, lol. And when I get sick of questing, I do archeology. I've gotten the Ring of the Boy Emperor so far, but mostly I get the Cat Statue over and over. =^..^=

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » August 29th, 2012, 11:49 pm

Well, I'm going to make a worgen. Whenever they do these big changes, I get overwhelmed with the idea of going through all the spells and everything for all my toons, and just want to start over! I ended up with Hordies because of the Lich King, lol. I don't have a worgen yet so I knew I'd do it eventually, and it looks like they can't be monks so no reason to wait. Now I just need to obsess endlessly over the name and appearance...

Swiiftwiind
MVP
Pet Score:4044
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Swiiftwiind » September 8th, 2012, 5:29 am

WoW chat...
Vent daily prblems..
WHY CANT I FIND A DWARF WARLOCK :x
Sorry for the shout but chars on my guild have spent hours and hours in BG's,
trying to get 1 yup 1 thats right 1 ONE honurable kill on a dwarf warlock.
Not kill, Honourable kill for the achievment. we have been trying for ages.
Someone even went to the aliance side and offered 300 gold for a L85 dwarf warlock....
His only reply was 'Why on earth do you want a dwarf warlock ?' :?
PLEASE if anyone has a 85 dwarf warlock on EU Moonglade realm , get in touch 500 gold reward for your head :D .
( you can have it back after ). just need to fight untill we beat ya and get the kill.

P.S. Sorry if this is on the wrong Forum.

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » September 8th, 2012, 8:52 am

Vent away! Glad to have some company in the thread, it's been quiet in general chat. I guess that is like the rarest combo, since dwarves and warlocks are both relatively rare. Good luck!

Swiiftwiind
MVP

Post by Swiiftwiind » September 8th, 2012, 10:09 am

Lysi , hows your Worgen getting on?
I got two worgans , tried the other races but they just dont feel right.
First Worgan is a 85 DK and the second is a 85 Druid.
Chose DK cause my husband has a DK on horde that goes around with my Hunter. So He made a Worgen druid who pairs up With my DK.
He also got another Worgan druid that goes around with my druid.
His is called Alpha and mine is Omega ( from the cratoon wolf film ).
He tried variouse other aliance races but didnt like them, till the worgan came out.

If your stuck with somthing to do you could always goto the Moonglade realm and level a dwarf warlock :)
( Worgens are WAY cooler though)

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » September 8th, 2012, 2:29 pm

Alpha and Omega, cute! I play with my husband sometimes, but usually we end up doing different things. He just kind of dabbles, since he's very busy at work. From time to time he runs out of things to do in the game, and then I'll point him to a pet or a mount he can work on. :0)

I'm such an altoholic, not going run out of things to do myself any time soon, lol. I'd like to get all 17 of my toons to top level some day (currently have six 85s, but of course that won't be top level in 16 days!) Plus I'll be adding 2 pandas, and I still need a goblin, decided I'll do that for Doobjanka's new guild. http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... ?f=2&t=446

I enjoyed the worgen starting area, but after level 9 it starts to get tedious. I'm not a fan of Blizzard's current idea of having to do every quest in a starting area. I like to explore, do the stuff I like, go to a different starting area if I don't like the one I'm in, yadda yadda. I rolled a hunter. My way of addressing the desire to have more hunter pets is to just make more hunters, lol. She's level 16 now. But my priorities kind of changed..

I'm trying to decide what class to make for Doobjanka's guild! I wish I could make a monk goblin, but goblins can't be monks. Since I *just* made a new hunter I'm not really inclined to do that right now. I have at least one of each class already but my mage, priest, druid and warlock are low level, so those would all be kind of something new--alas you can't make a druid goblin, so that's out. So I could go with a cloth class, or maybe forget the idea of doing something new, and go with a class I'm a little more familiar with. Anyone know what's overpowered in MoP? XD

Swiiftwiind
MVP

Post by Swiiftwiind » September 9th, 2012, 3:27 am

I know what you mean about Starting areas being restrictive, we like to goto different areas as much as possible ( especialy in outland , we hop about from one zone to another like frogs in a lilly pond ).

We have decided though with MoP we will 'try to ' stay in the zones untill they are comleted before moving on.
You mentioned you had a low level druid , druids are fun to level up with the different forms ect we also found them to be quite quick at questing ( due to flight form a DEFINATE winner ).

One quick gripe why when you only have a few hours does the comp decide thats the perfect time to do all the updates ?
Tried to get our DK's to L70 last night. Only had a few bars to go......
DK leveling up Vs Comp leveling up

Comp won :(

Swiiftwiind
MVP

Post by Swiiftwiind » September 9th, 2012, 4:10 am

Well I nearly made a fool of myself :oops:
I looked at the forums and thought ' lets make one about WHY people started to play warcraft and what made them collect pets. So I checked the forums then made it, then checked off topic and there it was :shock:
A fourm about My Collection When-How
So one quick delete later and alls well ;)
But hey all part of the fun :lol:

Swiiftwiind
MVP

Post by Swiiftwiind » September 17th, 2012, 1:29 pm

Been a nice few days for WoW, finaly got my Crawling claw, and tommorow ( with a bit of luck I will have Lil'Tearagosa although it feels I been saying that for a while.
Got the guild bank all sorted and tidy ready for MoP (actualy i got my other half to do it, I supervised )
All horde chars are at 85 and at the ready, and my aliance are at 85 too, except the DK ( L78 now )on my second realm thats in a raiding guild as a social.
Also all professions are at max and between my husband and me we have over 40k gold.
So come on MoP we are ready for ya....
the last week is REALY gonna drag.

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » September 17th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Hi Swiiftwiind! I meant to reply to your Sept 9 post. I must have had technical difficulties, or been distracted by a shiny thing (probably the later!) Anyhoo, I was going to say you can't really make a fool of yourself here, pretty casual forum. :)

I am so not ready for MoP! But I am looking forward to making a panda. I made a DK for Doobjanka's guild. Not questing yet because I want to be able to pick herbs, mine and do archeology as I quest. So I'm working on all professions and making some gold. Seems so silly, to be happy I can finally pick kingsblood, lol. Today I'm off to mine mithril! I'm also finishing up some other things, for example, I should have enough Tol Barad commendations for the fox kit tomorrow. And I just managed to get my pet collection down below 500 so I can actually add it!

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » September 17th, 2012, 8:32 pm

Pity I don't have alts on you all's servers, I'd run you through The Patient. Tank insta-queues rock.

I've given up on Archeology. Again. The Claw is just going to have to wait 'til they make Arch considerably less annoying. At least this time I stuck with it long enough to get the Pterodactyl. Apocalypse sounds ... silly. Has anyone tried it on Beta?

Lowbie pvp has seemingly turned into a game of "whoever has the most disc priests wins." I was playing a disc priest and I hated it. I can't imagine playing anything else atm. And Disc doesn't get smite healing 'til 60. I may just have to level this baby holy and dual spec shadow at 30. I'm up to one priest at 85, one at 45, one at 22 and one new baby priest.

*quick work with notepad and the change realms screen* I appear to have fewer rogues than anything else. I have as many druids as my rouges, mages and shammies combined. I have a surprisingly high number of warlocks: as many warlocks as warriors, almost as many as my druids. Sheesh. Maybe I shouldn't be admitting this level of nerd in public. :geek:

Swiiftwiind
MVP

Post by Swiiftwiind » September 17th, 2012, 9:39 pm

Hi Lysi nice to hear from you, and welcome bindibear
I done the same with my Dk ( the L 78 one ) as soon as she was out the starting area I worked on skining and mining, thats all she needs just so she can make some gold. It is far better to level as you go ,it makes things alot easier going once the professions catch up.

Bindibear I Guarantee we have ALL been there with Archaeology and the claw. I got fed up with Archae at some points as well thinking why me, everyone else has it :( .
It will drop eventualy I found it very shortly after my fourth tol'vir rare ( about 3 builds after ).
As pet collectors it is our duty to spend hours and days banging our fists on the comp desk in frustration and shouting at our husbands just because they asked "have you got it yet?" spending weeks in dark god forgotten hell holes killing the same mobs over and over and over again JUST to come back the next day and do it all again...I ermmm
Ok that rant didnt help ya but ..
Point is it WILL drop you just gotta keep at it.

I cant wait to make a panda either gonna make a hunter one.
I tried different classes but can only seem to get on with ,
DK Frost Worgan
Druid Balance Worgan/Tauren
Hunter beast mastery Worgan/tauren
My favoroute class is the hunter so gonna have to make a Panda Hunter up , might name it swiftpaw or somthing like that.

Swiiftwiind
MVP

Post by Swiiftwiind » September 17th, 2012, 9:55 pm

Lysi I just have to ask you.
How did you come up with the 'Isle of Demons as your location.
I'm curiouse as to how you came across it.
Some people might think you got it out of a adventure book or film or just made it up,
but it did actualy appear on maps in the early 15th century.
So please tell :)

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » September 17th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Swiiftwiind wrote:Lysi I just have to ask you.
How did you come up with the 'Isle of Demons as your location.
I'm curiouse as to how you came across it.
Some people might think you got it out of a adventure book or film or just made it up,
but it did actualy appear on maps in the early 15th century.
So please tell :)
I've been using it as my "location" on various websites for years, so I'm not 100% sure where I first saw it. But it could very well have been this website - http://www.eaudrey.com/myth/Places/index.htm

Swiiftwiind
MVP

Post by Swiiftwiind » September 18th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Finaly have Lil Tarecgosa and my Aliance DK is now 80.
Just have to push and try to get her upto 85 as fast as possible.

Next few days (even though they won't count ) I'm gonna get the other aliance guild companions once I get enough gold together anyway .