WoW Chat

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu
Re: WoW Chat

Post by Domie » March 13th, 2012, 10:01 am

What level is your shaman? on my server its pretty much impossible to win the Fishing extravaganze if your not max level, since the allies will gank you :/ , atleast i managed to get it on my old server that was pretty empty, made it a great deal easier ^^

Ive mostly been busy on my alts, got my hunter to level 85 after months stuck at level 81, and then went out to get a whole lot of rare (combat) pets ^^, also been gearing my warrior a bit, that was 85 already, just for the hell of it :)

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » March 13th, 2012, 11:38 am

Domie wrote:What level is your shaman? on my server its pretty much impossible to win the Fishing extravaganze if your not max level, since the allies will gank you :/ , atleast i managed to get it on my old server that was pretty empty, made it a great deal easier ^^

Ive mostly been busy on my alts, got my hunter to level 85 after months stuck at level 81, and then went out to get a whole lot of rare (combat) pets ^^, also been gearing my warrior a bit, that was 85 already, just for the hell of it :)
Congrats on getting the hunter to 85! It is fun to level a hunter and tame some rares, what did you get? And is the warrior a fury warrior? I like playing my beastmaster hunter and fury warrior the best of my 85s.

About the fishing, I'm on a PvE server (I avoid PvP like the plague, lol). I got it around level 48, I think. I read back when more people were working on Salty, it could get a little nasty even on PvE servers, people would have friends' park their mammoth's over other people's fishing pools and such. No one was doing stuff like that. My shammy doesn't have flying yet but I think that actually helped, I've noticed when flying at the top speed with my 85s looking for various gathering nodes, that the lag causes me to fly past before the nodes show up. Her shammy water walking worked great for looking for new pools. I was really just practicing like I had been for a few weeks, and going for the non-winning special fish loot (she'd gotten Nat Pagle's boots the week before). Her fishing was almost up to 525 since they don't cap you by level anymore, I was using +100 lures, +25 pole, Captain Rumsey's lager, the hat, the boots, fish enchant gloves. There's an unnamed island in Northern Stanglethorn at 20, 40 and the pools spawn all the way around it. I noticed in earlier practice sessions that few people were fishing there. So I decided to concentrate my efforts around that island and the nearby mainland. She didn't have any competition there until the last few minutes before winning. I realized she was getting close to 40 fish, and by some miracle no one had won yet--my hubby thought that the football playoffs being on may have helped me (it was a couple weeks before the Superbowl). There were still a lot of people fishing, but I did have a couple more minutes than usual. Since I was just practicing, I hadn't even bothered to get a loot counting add-on yet. So I opened my bag when I was close, and then again when I thought I had 40 fish to make sure.. I thought that extra second would lose it for me.. But I had them, and hearthed, and managed to run over to the fishing guy without falling off the pier or anything, lol. I'd decided which reward to get when I first read about the contest, so that didn't slow down completing the quest (took the fish trinket, my shammy loves it!) Good thing since there was a dwarf running to the guy as well, but he was a good sport and congratulated me. Hehe, here she is as a fish http://twitter.com/#!/Asynjur/status/158716120872914945
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » March 13th, 2012, 7:25 pm

I got terrorpene and two of the rare spiders from the molten front on my hunter this week, and already had Acturis for a couple of months now, been looking for some more, but ive spend to much time on my other chars to find any of those i want. i also play beastmaster on her, i like to have a pet that can take down most things pretty much on its own ^^
I do play fury on my warrior, she also got prot spec, but ive spend so much of my time in wow tanking, that i like to dps every now and then :P

When i won the fishing tournament, i took the coast on the east where the bloodsail bucaneers are, was lucky to be all alone their for once, normaly i run into 5-10 people while doing the event, havnt tried on my new server tho, where their is a lot more people playing.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » March 15th, 2012, 12:01 am

When I first started playing WoW, my only day off was Tuesday, back when they really meant maintenance. I'd waste all morning waiting for the servers to come up, until I realized it was also new DVD day. I'd rent some movies, get some lunch and watch a movie while eating, waiting for the servers to come up.

Good times!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » March 15th, 2012, 8:41 am

Doobjanka wrote:When I first started playing WoW, my only day off was Tuesday, back when they really meant maintenance. I'd waste all morning waiting for the servers to come up, until I realized it was also new DVD day. I'd rent some movies, get some lunch and watch a movie while eating, waiting for the servers to come up.

Good times!
Hehe, their is nothing worse than planing on playing from the morning and all day, only to be up at 8 realising their is still hours for the server to come up :P , atleast the long maintenance isnt every week anymore :)

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » March 16th, 2012, 12:03 am

Domie, you have some shiny hunter pets, congrats!

Doobjanka, a movie break is fun once and a while. :0)

I'd like to get the 'dillo for my little guild, so I have a gal in the terrorweb tunnel with stormchops and a toxic wasteling. Toxy loves gobbling up those bugs and spiders, he gets really fat and happy, lol. Still, this might take a while. XD

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » March 16th, 2012, 7:16 am

Lysi wrote:Domie, you have some shiny hunter pets, congrats!

Doobjanka, a movie break is fun once and a while. :0)

I'd like to get the 'dillo for my little guild, so I have a gal in the terrorweb tunnel with stormchops and a toxic wasteling. Toxy loves gobbling up those bugs and spiders, he gets really fat and happy, lol. Still, this might take a while. XD

Thanks ^^

yeah, the armadillo takes a while to get, but that tunnel really is a great place, you get like 300 kills each time you go through :)
A little tip, if you are 2 persons in the group when you kill one of them, they count twice, so if you for some reason have 2 accounts, you can park 2 chars there, just have the one on follow, and it will count double ^^

But getting 50k critter kill takes some times, the best way of getting it, is just killing critters every time you get by some. like in stone core, i like swiping around the edges while running, their are small packs of 3-4 all over the place :)
And every time i go to uldum, their is 2 or 3 packs of sheeps just above Lost city of Tol'vir, that i like to kill, its some fast kills when your their anyways :)

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » March 16th, 2012, 12:49 pm

I read on Wowhead comments that doesn't work anymore, with two people in the same guild, it only counts as one guild kill now. (I can double check that with my husband's account.) Although it does work for people in two different guilds to group and get kills for both guilds, again according to Wowhead comments.

I actually try to avoid killing many pet critters, lol, I hate it if I kill a squirrel or bunny, or even a snake! I don't mind so much killing spiders or scorpions, so I like the tunnel. Although last night I realized that the cockroach was of course the first pet of my first undead, Harriet the cockroach to be exact (can't wait for those pet names!) So I did feel a little bad killing the cockroaches. I'll have to do what I do when I'm killing an animal that looks like one of my hunter pets, "It's not a relative!" I'm like 1/5 of the way there, but I want to do it on both our servers so I have a ways to go. :mrgreen:

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » March 17th, 2012, 9:32 am

Lysi wrote:I read on Wowhead comments that doesn't work anymore, with two people in the same guild, it only counts as one guild kill now. (I can double check that with my husband's account.) Although it does work for people in two different guilds to group and get kills for both guilds, again according to Wowhead comments.
It did seem a bit buggy, so im not surprised to see it fixed. its been a really long time since ive tried to do it, so i hadnt checked :)

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » March 17th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Today I want to post a pet peeve, which is less fun than most pets, lol. Neon green isn't my favorite color. I get sick of the green glow of agility enchants on my hunters, rogues, etc. Never goes with the outfit. Sometimes I'll use another enchant when leveling, to save some gold and mix up the colors. But when you get to top level, you're playing with a handicap if you don't use the best enchant for your character. I'm also annoyed by the bright, brighter, brightest thing with enchants. You might have a beautiful intricate weapon, and it all gets lost in the glow. And my fury warrior has landslide, one of the ugliest enchants ever, lol. My favorite look for enchants is something like lifestealing, just a soft, sinister glow.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » March 18th, 2012, 10:16 am

Lysi wrote:I get sick of the green glow of agility enchants. Never goes with the outfit. I'm also annoyed by the bright, brighter, brightest thing with enchants. You might have a beautiful intricate weapon, and it all gets lost in the glow. And my fury warrior has landslide, one of the ugliest enchants ever, lol. My favorite look for enchants is something like lifestealing, just a soft, sinister glow.
I agree, hopefully in 5.0 they will give us the option to toggle enchant glows on/off. Until then, you can always transmog your weapon with a weapon that hides enchants. There's a Petopia forum thread about them.
Mingyao on Madoran

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » March 18th, 2012, 7:48 pm

I hope they do! Now if they'd only let us turn off shoulders, I'd be all set. XD

Gwen
MVP
Pet Score:8349
BattleTag®:Gwenniekins#2985
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Gwen » March 21st, 2012, 1:19 am

I would LOVE not to have those big, bulky shoulders on, so I could wear some of the pretty dresses I have collected over the years. They're perfect for transmog, but I haven't found any shoulders to match them yet. *sadface*
What bothers me with weapon enchants is when you fly and there are sparks flying in your face, so you can't see properly. Same reason I never use my dark phoenix.
Because soulshards are pink.

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » March 22nd, 2012, 5:33 pm

Ive been slacking so much with posting here, even tho ive been reading a bit, sowwy :<

But i agree with the enchants, i just hope they will do so showing enchant is optinal, one of my friends also just got this dagger for transmo, and it totaly gets destroyed by his power torrent :/

Same for my own set, where i use Cryptfiends Bite, and i got leaves coming out of it ;(

I also agree with shoulders making it hard to make a clothy looking set. like i wanted to get the of the Fang set, but no matter what shoulders i use, it just ends up looking silly :/

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » March 23rd, 2012, 1:30 pm

I looked up that power torrent you're talking about, blinded by the light! I guess Blizzard didn't put a lot of thought into some of these enchants, and just went brighter brighter. More shades of subtle coloring would be better. And, yeah, turning off shoulders is one of those things Blizzard has said they'd never do, shoulder design is like their trademark, lol. But now that they've done some other things they said they'd never do, well, one can always hope.

This week my mount collector starting camping Poseidus. I'm guessing I won't do this very long before giving up, lol. I broke down and got NPCscan and overlay, I'd always avoided it before, because I don't want to spend all my time chasing rares. I just check the spawn points once and a while. See how it goes.

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » March 23rd, 2012, 1:36 pm

Lysi wrote:I looked up that power torrent you're talking about, blinded by the light! I guess Blizzard didn't put a lot of thought into some of these enchants, and just went brighter brighter. More shades of subtle coloring would be better. And, yeah, turning off shoulders is one of those things Blizzard has said they'd never do, shoulder design is like their trademark, lol. But now that they've done some other things they said they'd never do, well, one can always hope.

This week my mount collector starting camping Poseidus. I'm guessing I won't do this very long before giving up, lol. I broke down and got NPCscan and overlay, I'd always avoided it before, because I don't want to spend all my time chasing rares. I just check the spawn points once and a while. See how it goes.
I never really bothered to really camp either, i preffer to play when i play (:P), but i do like NPCscan anyways, since it means that even if you dont pay close attention, you have a chance of catching those rares your flying over :) It was specialy nice when chasing the camel mount, since the figurines for it is so damn small.

I understand why they dont want people to remove the shoulders, but it would just be nice with some smooth shoulderpads for the cloth sets atleast :/

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » March 23rd, 2012, 1:50 pm

Domie wrote:
I never really bothered to really camp either, i preffer to play when i play (:P), but i do like NPCscan anyways, since it means that even if you dont pay close attention, you have a chance of catching those rares your flying over :) It was specialy nice when chasing the camel mount, since the figurines for it is so damn small.

I understand why they dont want people to remove the shoulders, but it would just be nice with some smooth shoulderpads for the cloth sets atleast :/
Oh, I will totally have to start checking for that camel figure now that I have NPCscan. I'll probably do that when I give up on Poseidus, lol. Thanks for the reminder! :mrgreen:

The shoulder situation is pretty annoying, when you can't find anything even with transmorg. My rogue would love to use the old bandit set, but since it was designed for low level before you get shoulders, it doesn't look right with any shoulders.

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » March 23rd, 2012, 1:53 pm

Lysi wrote:Oh, I will totally have to start checking for that camel figure now that I have NPCscan. I'll probably do that when I give up on Poseidus, lol. Thanks for the reminder! :mrgreen:

The shoulder situation is pretty annoying, when you can't find anything even with transmorg. My rogue would love to use the old bandit set, but since it was designed for low level before you get shoulders, it doesn't look right with any shoulders.
Yeah, same happens with off the fang set for my druid, its only a 5 pieces set, and their is just no shoulders to go with it :/

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » March 23rd, 2012, 7:51 pm

My venomhide hatchling is bugged. I'm only 1 tooth away from getting the mount, but he's still the tiny, tiny little guy you get on day one! I hope my undead gal doesn't crush him when he's a mount, lol.

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » March 29th, 2012, 8:14 pm

These pandas are breathing down my neck! I know everyone else is chomping at the bit for MoP, but I have so much I'd like to finish before it comes out. I'd like to at least get a couple more characters to 85, and I'll have to set aside some other projects. There's no release date on MoP yet, and I know the beta just started, so I know it will be a while yet. But I'm having trouble working on my goals right now, because of the feeling it's futile. Just an anxious feeling. I am hoping MoP will be great, teddy bears are totally my thing, lol. I'll probably want both Horde and Alliance pandas, and I have too many characters already! XD