[ENDED] Madja's 9th raffle [Any region]

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
[ENDED] Madja's 9th raffle [Any region]

Post by Madja » February 14th, 2016, 11:14 pm

Greetings all!

I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day even if you're one of the forever-alones like me ;)

The theme of this raffle will obviously be Valentine's/Love is in the Air, but it'll be a bit different than usual because the prizes are toys. This means I had to post it in the World of Warcraft forum. Hopefully people will still be able to find it, but if not then I guess it means higher chances for those of you who do!

So the prize for this raffle is Fool's Gold because fools rush in love and gold is for the wedding ring ;D
This toy will let you put down a node that anyone can mine and get a temporary kobold pet to follow them around. It looks like this:

I have 3 codes, so there will be 3 winners :)

How to enter:

There are so many exciting locations in WoW! If you were to take your spouse/crush on a romantic date to anywhere in the World of Warcraft where would it be?
Would you take him/her to a scary place like Duskwood so they would stick real close to you for security?
Maybe you'd rather to them to beautiful Ashenvale?
Are you the adventurous type? Then a hike in Storm Peaks might be more to your liking?

With so many possibilities it should be easy to find the perfect spot for your date!
So take a screenshot of your chosen location, upload it here and you'll be entered in the raffle!
(If your loved one plays with you then why not set up that date for the screenshot!)

Rules:

To be qualified for entry your account must have been created prior to 2016 or have at least 10 posts.

Only one entry per person.

All entries must be submitted by Monday, 29th of February, at 9 PM CET (GMT +1)

You're all invited to join me for the in-game roll which will be performed at around 9.45 PM CET.
I'll be opening a group around 9.30 so look for it under Custom and the name "Madja Warcraftpets" on Draenor-Horde (EU). It'll be lead by either Coorish or Infernis.

People have been asking for a guide on how to upload screenshots, so I have listed on here on the off-topic forums.
Please check out this link for a picture guide!
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596
Last edited by Madja on February 29th, 2016, 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Madja
MVP

Re: Madja's 9th raffle [Any region]

Post by Madja » February 14th, 2016, 11:14 pm

List of entries:

#1 Opallena
#2 Scimytar
#3 Fearghail
#4 Lunarific
#5 Fahra
#6 Paladance
#7 Sam918
#8 Aeice
#9 Darolyn
#10 Desi
#11 Jerebear
#12 Mehetabel
#13 Nomadking
#14 Lessiel
#15 Kaz17
#16 Koki6te
Last edited by Madja on February 28th, 2016, 2:10 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » February 15th, 2016, 3:02 pm

I don't have a boyfriend right now, but this is one of the few "hidden" spots that sticks out to me. No NPCs, and usually pretty quiet. It was fun trying to get up here before flying in classic zones came out :) .

Scimytar
Pet Score:11026
Realm:Crushridge-us

Post by Scimytar » February 17th, 2016, 10:31 pm

This is one of my favorite places to go.
I would sit on the road and watch the dragons walk by. Sadly, the dragons have moved on.
It is still pretty but less of a challenge now with classic flying. (Being a Horde wandering through the Alliance Zones to get here).

Had this been posted 2 days earlier.. I would have done the Darkmoon Faire :)
Old School Tonk Battles (if you know where to find the controllers) and Sandbox Toys. Different Food and Games... Plus Mini Mounts to run all over the place with.
Attachments
Twilight Grove.jpg
Twilight Grove.jpg (88.93KiB)Viewed 11009 times

Fearghail
Pet Score:4382
BattleTag®:Fearghail#1720
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Fearghail » February 19th, 2016, 8:32 am

I found a screenshot of my "Love Fool" titled mage pet battling at the Darkmoon Faire... but that felt like stealing an idea, even thought I really do have that screenshot by pure coincidence. So here's an original idea instead...

A magic moment from Music Roll hunting together in Tirisfal Glades.

EDIT: Can't upload from TinyPic without 8 previous forum posts. Also I can't seem to resize the image as a jpeg, gif or anything else below 310KB. Maximum allowed attachment size is 256KiB.

Lunarific
Top Rater
Pet Score:4359

Post by Lunarific » February 19th, 2016, 11:48 pm

In my opinion, Throne of the Four Winds is definitely the coolest looking raid in WoW- once you've killed all the bosses you can fly around anywhere you like in there, it's quite a magical place!

Lunarific
Top Rater

Post by Lunarific » February 20th, 2016, 12:15 am

Anyway, so that people can see the shinies I uploaded Fear's screenshot for him!
Fearghail wrote:I found a screenshot of my "Love Fool" titled mage pet battling at the Darkmoon Faire... but that felt like stealing an idea, even thought I really do have that screenshot by pure coincidence. So here's an original idea instead...

A magic moment from Music Roll hunting together in Tirisfal Glades.

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » February 20th, 2016, 6:46 am

Lunarific wrote:Anyway, so that people can see the shinies I uploaded Fear's screenshot for him!
Oh, that's very nice of you! Why didn't I think of that :) Thanks!
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Fahra
Pet Score:5102
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Fahra » February 20th, 2016, 12:27 pm

This is actually my mom and my characters. She got into WoW briefly to get me a RaF pet for my birthday last year. She was determined to actually play the game while subscribed, and she wound up playing for very different reasons than I did. My mom would run up to a random lovely flower she saw and sit there for several minutes admiring it (all while I kept the enemies off of her. Yay for OP heirlooms!). She would hide in the bushes and jump out at me to try and scare me (not fully understanding that I could see her on minimaps). She made me rethink how I played the game, and I now see the beauty in WoW a lot more than I used to (yes, I'll randomly pause to look at flowers sometimes now. Or call her over to the computer when I find a really gorgeous waterfall or something.)

My mom loved the waterfall area near the Pandaren zone in Stormwind, especially the hot air balloon. She made me take a screenshot, so I have a permanent record of our characters having been there.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_050915_214343.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050915_214343.jpg (155.3KiB)Viewed 10927 times
Like mythology? Check out my blog at mythdancer.blogspot.com, where I have a weekly discussion about everything from Mesopotamia to the pandaren religion!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 20th, 2016, 2:03 pm

@Lunarific, dare you! I have gone in the same direction, just chosen a 5-man instead! :lol:
Too bad that you can't take a starter account for a trip…

Some of you have recently met with Nirka -- my destro warlock, so I decided that she would appear here. ;)

Due to technical reasons, I'll put only a single fragment that you need to click to jump into the imgur gallery.

Edit: Forget that typo please. ;)
Last edited by Paladance on February 20th, 2016, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Sam918
Pet Score:5780
BattleTag®:sam#19744
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Sam918 » February 20th, 2016, 2:06 pm

nice little spot.

Last edited by Sam918 on February 20th, 2016, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunarific
Top Rater

Post by Lunarific » February 20th, 2016, 4:45 pm

Paladance wrote:@Lunarific, dare you! I have gone in the same direction, just chosen a 5-man instead! :lol:
Too bad that you can't take a starter account for a trip…

Some of you have recently met with Nirka -- my destro warlock, so I decided that she would appear here. ;)

Due to technical reasons, I'll put only a single fragment that you need to click to jump into the imgur gallery.
Great minds think alike :D

Love the comic, too! Funny but sweet :)

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » February 21st, 2016, 1:10 pm

So, my boyfriend and I used to play WoW together. He's the one from my last entry about standing around Walmart until I got there. He doesn't play anymore, but I remember the day I got flying on my character, he told me to go on follow in Shattrath (Outlands). He took me to the floating islands in Old Nagrand and set up a Romantic Picnic Basket.

Like I said, he doesn't play anymore, so I was torn between going to the floating islands and setting up a Romantic Picnic Basket by myself, or finding someplace else.

Then, today, working on Archaeology, I was flying from Nagrand (Draenor) to Talador for a dig site, when this is what filled my screen. It is a beautiful sight I'd love to bring him to see, but as he doesn't care to play anymore, and gave me all his gold and non-soulbound pets/items, I don't think he's coming back to the game.

(I'm still ticked that he got Spirit of Competition and I didn't, even though we ran all the same BG's at the same time, but that's a story for another time)

So this is my romantic, beautiful place I'd like to take a date, even though we couldn't stay long because we'd have to hover in mid-air, it's one of the most scenic screenshots I've ever gotten.

Thanks, Madja!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » February 21st, 2016, 3:49 pm

I literally just discovered this place!!!

I think it's my new favourite spot can't believe I did not know about this for so long....

Giant axe wielding bunnies chasing squirrels, what more could you want in life :3

P.S no need to be entered in raffle...I just wanted to show off the bunny xD

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » February 21st, 2016, 6:04 pm

Azaelia wrote:I literally just discovered this place!!!

I think it's my new favourite spot can't believe I did not know about this for so long....

Giant axe wielding bunnies chasing squirrels, what more could you want in life :3

P.S no need to be entered in raffle...I just wanted to show off the bunny xD
WHERE IS THAT? (I don't know a lot of good places in WoW)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Desi
Pet Score:5590
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Desi » February 21st, 2016, 6:32 pm

Thanks for another raffle, Madja.
Emerald Dragonshrine.jpg
Emerald Draggonshrine, Dragonblight
Emerald Dragonshrine.jpg (158.09KiB)Viewed 10834 times

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 22nd, 2016, 1:40 am

Darolyn wrote: WHERE IS THAT? (I don't know a lot of good places in WoW)
That's a plateau between Mulgore and Stonetalon Mountains.
I wonder if modernised models in Legion mean also a better gear for them? :D

Such great places everywhere! How about a long trip around the both worlds?

I adore Darkm
oon Island too, though the races have made it much less quiet place.
Have over 1k spare tickets and several additional Moonfang toy gadgets, because I just can't stop visiting it! :lol:
I've seen the Rabbit only once, however. And the fact I can't complete all races makes my heart broken.

The Darker Nights movement probably also likes Spires of Arak a lot. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Lunarific
Top Rater

Post by Lunarific » February 22nd, 2016, 2:03 am

Paladance wrote: I adore Darkm
oon Island too, though the races have made it much less quiet place.
Have over 1k spare tickets and several additional Moonfang toy gadgets, because I just can't stop visiting it! :lol:
I've seen the Rabbit only once, however. And the fact I can't complete all races makes my heart broken.
If you have a priest friend, you can save some time on the Real Big Race with a well-timed lifegrip! :P http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... 18#p119397

If you were on a US server instead of EU I could help you :`(

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 22nd, 2016, 10:49 pm

A neat little place above Feralas that I enjoy being at:
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829