Does Damage Against <family> Filter

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
D3nalii
Pet Score:2263
Realm:Kilrogg-us
Does Damage Against <family> Filter

Post by D3nalii » May 7th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Hi guys! I love the site and have spent a lot of time using all its wonderful tools. One addition I would love to see is the ability to filter attacks by the type of damage they do.

For example:
I'm having a tough time beating Tamer X. She's using 1 Dragonkin, and 2 Undead, and keeps kicking my butt. I know which types are strong and weak against hers, but what I really need to know is which attacks are strong against Dragonkin and Undead, regardless of my pet's actual family. The Little Fawn is a Critter, which means Strong against Elementals and Weak against Beast, so, aside from using it as a healer, I might not even consider it for this fight. However, its primary attack is Hoof, which is strong against Undead, thus making it much more useful in this example.

It would be wonderful to be able to search and filter based on the Strength or Weakness of attacks versus Family types.

Thanks again!

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Does Damage Against <family> Filter

Post by Breanni » May 9th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Unless I'm misunderstanding your request, you can already do this.

1. Go to our [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/]Pet Filters[/url].

2. Choose any option under "Attack Type". Then you can find all damaging abilities of a certain family, such as "Deals Beast damage", which would be strong against the opposing family, in this case, Critter.

Does that work for what you're trying to figure out?

D3nalii
Pet Score:2263
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by D3nalii » May 11th, 2013, 8:48 pm

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much! I guess I didn't look hard enough!

d3n

Moonpuppy
Pet Score:2861
BattleTag®:linderlee57#1637
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Moonpuppy » May 15th, 2013, 11:00 am

The Does Damage Against <family> filter really doesn't work that well.

It shows pets that are of that family, too. Not a lot of help.

It shows pets whose damage is lowered by going against <family>. Again, not a lot of help.

In my particular case, I'm having trouble finding a pet that does more damage against Beast. I keep finding pets that are in the Beast family, and that do less damage to Beasts. The filter doesn't save me any more time that I end up spending going through all my pets in-game, looking for ^ Beast damage. :(

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » May 16th, 2013, 1:13 pm

Moonpuppy wrote:It shows pets that are of that family, too. Not a lot of help.
Try adding a second filter to exclude that family from showing. That should help.
Moonpuppy wrote:It shows pets whose damage is lowered by going against <family>. Again, not a lot of help.
Well, it's an attack damage filter -- it doesn't factor defense into the equation. We do have plans to work on something along those lines, however.
Moonpuppy wrote:The filter doesn't save me any more time that I end up spending going through all my pets in-game, looking for ^ Beast damage. :(
Sorry to disappoint. You're welcome to try another website or an addon that does what you're looking for.

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Beardydan » May 16th, 2013, 8:26 pm

Moonpuppy wrote: In my particular case, I'm having trouble finding a pet that does more damage against Beast. I keep finding pets that are in the Beast family, and that do less damage to Beasts. The filter doesn't save me any more time that I end up spending going through all my pets in-game, looking for ^ Beast damage. :(
You cant be using the filter correctly. There are ZERO Beast pets that do Mechanical damage.