Listing all zones pets are found in - is this a priority?

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us
Listing all zones pets are found in - is this a priority?

Post by Cendir » February 8th, 2013, 3:07 am

Hello. First I just want to say, this site rocks! Absolutely love it, and appreciate the work that's put into it - makes collecting sooo much easier. That said, I have a question - as the title states. I've already sent in a few additions of zones where pets can be found, that are not currently listed on your site. But I'm wondering if it's worth the bother? I've only does this as I've noticed pets in zones not listed, but when I go look (for example) at the Chicken entry in the pet tab in game, it lists it being in 15 different zones, while this site only lists it in 7. So there are obviously more zones missing than even I was aware of.

It seems to me that while it would be quite time-consuming, it would also be easy to sit down, go through the in-game pet tab, and add in all the missing zones for wild pets. I doubt I'm the first to consider this, and as it hasn't been done, I figure it's because well, not a big deal.

Please don't take this as a criticism - it's not - I'm just curious what your thoughts are regarding this.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Listing all zones pets are found in - is this a priority

Post by Breanni » February 8th, 2013, 7:28 am

We actually did list all of the zones that Blizzard listed pre-MOP while gathering info from the beta. Then we discovered that the info provided by Blizzard was NOT always correct.

So to keep our site as correct as possible, we opted to drop any zone that hadn't been verified. So a handful of zones are still missing. It's also possible that Blizzard corrected their mistake(s) by adding capturable pets to the zones where there weren't any in the MOP beta.

So if you notice any pets that aren't listed in a particular zone and should be, let us know. We'll correct them. Our priority is correctness over completeness, especially for these common pets that are found in so many different zones.

Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Re: Listing all zones pets are found in - is this a priority

Post by Cendir » February 8th, 2013, 8:08 pm

Ok, I'll continue submitting as I come across them. Thanks for your response.