Give an option to pay for Ad free site?

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Lornaa
Top Rater
Pet Score:13864
BattleTag®:Rhadeyaz#2207
Realm:Aggramar-eu
Give an option to pay for Ad free site?

Post by Lornaa » October 15th, 2022, 7:33 am

To be honest, I'm sick and tired of an ad taking up nearly HALF the page every time I change page.

Please offer an option whereby we can pay for an ad FREE site experience because these hideous ads have been so darn annoying that I've deliberately AVOIDED using this site for months now and I've warned off family and friends who also hate these ads.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Give an option to pay for Ad free site?

Post by Quintessence » October 15th, 2022, 6:28 pm

Thank you for your feedback! I'll pass this along to Breanni.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » October 16th, 2022, 9:53 am

Thank you for sharing your concerns, Lornaa. I have reached out to our ad network to see if we can't block this type of ad which takes up so much page real estate. I agree -- it is disruptive to the user experience.

Please give us some time to work out a solution. In the interim, perhaps an ad-blocker plugin for your browser will do the trick.

Thanks for your patience. We'll get this addressed.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » October 17th, 2022, 1:33 am

Comment here from someone who's been a fan of Warcraftpets for 9 years now and has to suspect the Admins share same opinion I do but are too nice to say so. Not a whole lot of users that have responded to the polite request that they help out with the expense of running a site like this. Even if the Warcraftpet folks are willing to put in massive amounts of support time for free, still need to pay Real Money for things like site hosting

Admit the recent dramatic ads that suddenly block off what you're trying to read are annoying as hell. Hoping they can at least filter out some of the more intrusive ads. Meantime send them a few bucks people before it has to go mandatory.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » October 23rd, 2022, 7:30 pm

Okay, option was to stop logging into Warcraftpets.com entirely or find some way to stop those horribly annoying ads. Tried Breanni's suggestion to use an ad blocker, installed AdBlock for Edge browser and it works! Still see some polite ads over to the side, away from site content, but no more what we've been seeing, the junk that erratically takes over part or all of the screen.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » October 26th, 2022, 9:07 am

I'm pleased to report that our ad network has been able to suspend the obtrusive ads. However, in testing the new ad settings, a new full-background ad has posed problems -- largely just on these forums. So once again I've reached out to our ad network for some help.

Thank you all for your patience.