"unique pets" in score calculation

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Vandredor
Pet Score:991
Realm:Stormrage-us
"unique pets" in score calculation

Post by Vandredor » May 18th, 2021, 10:35 am

im trying to understand how my pet score is calculated, but I think im getting confused by the first two terms. you get 2 points for every unique pet, and 0.12 point for each level of a unique pet. but does unique refer to the ingame "unique pet" definition or does it refer to the first of each pet but not duplicates? ie if I have a level 25, 7 and 13 of the same pet would I get 2 points plus 0.12*25? or because the pet is not unique, would I only get the points for the rarities?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: "unique pets" in score calculation

Post by Quintessence » May 18th, 2021, 11:59 am

"Unique" in the WarcraftPets scoring means the first of each collected pets. The highest level and highest quality pet is counted toward your Pet Score, any duplicates are not. Duplicates are not included in the score, but information on your duplicates does appear in your overall collection stats.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Vandredor

Post by Vandredor » May 18th, 2021, 4:10 pm

thanks for the response! so if I had a level 25 uncommon but a level 20 rare, it would count the 25 levels I presume? You say the highest quality counts, so in the above would I only receive "rarity" points for the rare? It says total common, uncommon etc so I assume every pet (duplicate or not) counts towards rarity score, and rarity doesnt seem to count towards the total unique pets portion, nor does uniqueness matter for the rarity portion calculation.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 18th, 2021, 5:12 pm

"We prioritze pets by quality first, followed by level, and then by whether or not the pet was given a custom name:
Quality → Level → Name"
In your example, between the lvl 25 uncommon and the lvl 20 rare (assuming they are both the same pet), the level 20 rare would be counted toward your Pet Score.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Vandredor

Post by Vandredor » May 19th, 2021, 1:13 pm

one more question sorry lol. it says you get 1,2,3,5 or 10 points towards your score for total legendary, epic rare etc. but is that for sure total? ie if I have a rare and uncommon of the same pet, I should get 5 points towards my score right? The reason I ask all this, is that im trying to implement the equation in game, and its not coming out to the same score whatsoever :/

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 19th, 2021, 1:22 pm

Vandredor wrote:
May 19th, 2021, 1:13 pm
ie if I have a rare and uncommon of the same pet, I should get 5 points towards my score right?
If you have a rare and an uncommon of the same pet, only the rare one will count (highest quality out of the two same pets). So you'd only get 3 for the one rare pet.

Vandredor

Post by Vandredor » May 19th, 2021, 1:41 pm

Ah ok that's likely the cause for error then. It doesn't say you only get points for one type of rarity it just says total. Thanks again

Vandredor

Post by Vandredor » May 19th, 2021, 1:57 pm

im so close now XD I have my score at 973 while the site has me at 991 lol