Discrepancy over number of unique pets

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Morielmage
Pet Score:13128
Realm:Stormrage-us
Discrepancy over number of unique pets

Post by Morielmage » January 7th, 2021, 3:10 pm

Hi all,

I apologise in advance if this isn't the right forum section, I'm new to the site. I noticed that my armoury is showing 1 less pet in my pet collection (armoury link, worldofwarcraft.com). That is, I have 1175 unique pets according to this site and 1174 according to the armoury. Is this a known error on blizzard's web counter? I'm guessing it is because the pet collection tab (in-game) is also displaying a wrong total number of pets. Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Discrepancy over number of unique pets

Post by Jerebear » January 7th, 2021, 4:07 pm

The most likely issue is that WCP counts your faction and toon limited pets for you whole account while the armory only shows the pets your specific toon can actually summon.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Morielmage

Post by Morielmage » January 7th, 2021, 5:33 pm

I'm not sure that's the issue because I own toons on both factions (all of them in different SL covenants as well). Yet, I see the same number of unique pets on all the collections. I believe WCP's count is fine, so I guess the the API must be exporting the right data even when the armoury website's count is not accurate.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 8th, 2021, 2:10 am

Morielmage wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 5:33 pm
I'm not sure that's the issue because I own toons on both factions (all of them in different SL covenants as well). Yet, I see the same number of unique pets on all the collections. I believe WCP's count is fine, so I guess the the API must be exporting the right data even when the armoury website's count is not accurate.
The biggest culprit regarding collection discrepancies are the Guild Hearld and Guild Page companions. These are character-specific. The armory is likely showing a collection number that includes (or doesn't include) any Guild companions that that specific character has learned.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Morielmage

Post by Morielmage » January 11th, 2021, 10:44 am

Oh I see, thank you guys for your reply. I got both guild page pets (on the Horde and Alliance side) a while ago, and when I did the number of unique pets seemed accurate. I guess later on blizzard's counter bugged out. I also noticed that the number of pets started to differ shortly after getting the companion pet Sky Lantern (from Pandaria) but nobody else seems to have a similar issue with companion pets, so Guild Page is likely to explain the issue. Thanks again!