Pet Score Changes

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Pet Score Changes

Post by Quintessence » October 22nd, 2019, 7:55 pm

We've recently adjusted how the Pet Score is calculated. As usual, feedback is welcome.
  • Each collected level 25 pet is now worth 3 points each (up from 1 point each)
  • Non-combat pets = a level 25 pet by default
  • Non-combat pets = rare quality by default
This will ultimately affect the Site and Realm Leadboards in addition to individual Pet Scores. However, these changes are not retroactive, so you'll need to re-import your collection to see an updated Pet Score.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Prairiehamster
Pet Score:11380
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Pet Score Changes

Post by Prairiehamster » October 23rd, 2019, 1:24 am

Gonna enjoy my probably brief time at #7 for my realm.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » October 23rd, 2019, 7:44 am

when i reimport, it says this each time
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.8KiB)Viewed 27099 times

Semi
Pet Score:13140
Realm:Magtheridon-us

Post by Semi » October 24th, 2019, 12:19 pm

So... Changes would be - Every pet is worth up to 8 points (up from 6 for battle pets and up from 5 for non-combat pets)?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 24th, 2019, 1:50 pm

Echinacea wrote:
October 23rd, 2019, 7:44 am
Echinacea, please let us know if you're still experiencing this error.

Semi wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 12:19 pm
So... Changes would be - Every pet is worth up to 8 points (up from 6 for battle pets and up from 5 for non-combat pets)?
Correct. The calculation should also recognize non-combat pets as both rare quality and max level by default.
  • 2 points each unique pet
  • 3 points each max level pet
  • 3 points each rare quality pet
= each max level rare quality pet is worth 8 points
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » October 24th, 2019, 8:58 pm

Thank you, no more having to remember how many non-combat pets I have when looking at pets at max level :)

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » October 25th, 2019, 6:12 am

Quintessence wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 1:50 pm
Echinacea wrote:
October 23rd, 2019, 7:44 am
Echinacea, please let us know if you're still experiencing this error.

yeah, still happening.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 26th, 2019, 12:15 pm

Echinacea wrote:
October 25th, 2019, 6:12 am
yeah, still happening.
It looks like this is an issue on Blizzard's end. Our lead web developer has submitted a Blizzard API bug report, so hopefully there's a response and fix soon.

In the event Blizzard doesn't reply and simply fixes it, I would retry re-importing your collecting periodically. Doesn't have to be daily, but check every now and then. If it's not resolved within the next few weeks we can re-request Blizzard look into this.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » October 27th, 2019, 7:56 am

i upgraded, added and levelled a lot of pets recently and the score never changes.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 27th, 2019, 9:40 am

Echinacea wrote:
October 27th, 2019, 7:56 am
i upgraded, added and levelled a lot of pets recently and the score never changes.
When was the last time you logged onto the character you're attempting to re-import from? A response on the bug report thread noted that the API error you're experiencing usually pops up when trying to fetch data from an inactive character or one that hasn't been recently played.

Try logging into the character you have listed. Open your Pet Journal for good measure, and then log out of the game completely. Give your armory a few minutes to refresh and then try to re-import to WarcraftPets again. Let us know if this helps and you see any updates to your Pet Score.

Alternatively, you can use a different character to import from, preferably a toon you've recently logged onto.

Echinacea

Post by Echinacea » October 27th, 2019, 10:02 am

Quintessence wrote:
October 27th, 2019, 9:40 am
Echinacea wrote:
October 27th, 2019, 7:56 am
When was the last time you logged onto the character you're attempting to re-import from? A response on the bug report thread noted that the API error you're experiencing usually pops up when trying to fetch data from an inactive character or one that hasn't been recently played.

Try logging into the character you have listed. Open your Pet Journal for good measure, and then log out of the game completely. Give your armory a few minutes to refresh and then try to re-import to WarcraftPets again. Let us know if this helps and you see any updates to your Pet Score.

Alternatively, you can use a different character to import from, preferably a toon you've recently logged onto.
that was it! thanks....i only play one toon now and after logging that one in and out my score went from 5356 to 7145