Update Pet Error?

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Wreathy
Pet Score:7517
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us
Re: Update Pet Error?

Post by Wreathy » June 30th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Caffeinatedlife wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 4:36 am
Changing characters to one who had not yet been to Nazjatar worked for me as well. Just pick one of your non-max level toons and you should be good to go until Blizz fixes the API.
This definitely works!

Timbit
Pet Score:8708
BattleTag®:Timbit#1384
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Timbit » June 30th, 2019, 9:05 pm

Workaround to changing acct to a toon that has not been to Nazjatar or Mechagon did not work for me. Problem also occurs with Wowhead as they are saying I have no battlepets. Will just wait till a solution is found.

Paladiac
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Paladiac » June 30th, 2019, 9:49 pm

I tried the method suggested here - using a level 80 on a server that I have not visited since Pandaria. Logged out, and then came to Warcraftpets and logged out here as well and logged back in, but still only getting the 2 pets showing.

Krag
Top Rater

Post by Krag » July 1st, 2019, 1:29 am

Timbit wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 9:05 pm
Will just wait till a solution is found.
Me too. Would have loved to track my progress, since it makes things easier. But I'll manage for the time being.

Sharna
Pet Score:12185
Realm:Quel'Thalas-eu

Post by Sharna » July 1st, 2019, 10:26 am

Shyhelma wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 3:27 am
I have been watching this for a couple of days. Any of the toons that you are playing will show as affected so you may want to hold out playing an odd alt until the issue is reported fixed on blizzard's end. This pretty much is the same as Morlis has seen.

On a good note the odd alt will see all the pet adds and achievements.
Sadly my 'odd alt' also happens to be the one with all my pet battlestones on it. I currently have a couple of uncommons, I can't turn rare as a result, plus all the additional levels I could add if only I had access to my store of stones.

Every other character on my main server is affected, so the only other alternative would be to change to another server I have toons on until this gets fixed.

Torrin
Pet Score:10667
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Torrin » July 1st, 2019, 11:03 am

I see they still haven't located the error or fixed it yet...

Anniechance
Pet Score:8824
Realm:Sporeggar-eu

Post by Anniechance » July 1st, 2019, 11:27 am

Lol I'm down to 1& that's a non-combat 1

Ziv
Top Rater
Pet Score:13832
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Ziv » July 1st, 2019, 12:07 pm

I just checked several of my alts. As of right now I only have my main that's been to Nazjatar & Mechagon. She is showing on her armory 1172 unique pets.

My 120 DH, 116 DK113 mage, 112 warlock & 111 priest are all showing 1130 pets. I haven't logged into the priest in over a week, the mage & warlock I log on daily.

111 hunter & 112 monk which is the toon I used to update my warcraft pets profile, both alliance.

Almost forgot, 116 horde rogue also showing 1172 pets so horde & alliance doesn't change anything.

All of these toons are on the same realm. This patch has really screwed up pet collection armories. LOL

Hoser
Pet Score:13936
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Hoser » July 1st, 2019, 2:23 pm

same error here. 2 unique pets down from 1168! workaround didn't work either

Bronzedragon
Pet Score:13019
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Bronzedragon » July 1st, 2019, 2:46 pm

I hope the fix comes fast. I enjoyed using the print checklist to see if i have anything I feel like chasing to do.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » July 1st, 2019, 6:04 pm

There is a WORKAROUND that works!

You just need a character that you have not logged in since BEFORE 8.2 launched. Assign that character as your WCP.com character and reload the collection.

Boom! :shock:

Any character you logged in after 8.2 launch is bugged and will reduce you to the 2 pets. :cry:

If you don't have a character that you have not logged in then I guess there is not workaround for you.

*edit* Also the character you choose has to be level 10 or over otherwise I don't thing Blizz tracks them.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 1st, 2019, 6:18 pm

Jdm12983 wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 5:57 pm
Something I just thought of: has anyone posted this problem on the official forums/site for Wow? OR at least checked to see if anyone else has posted about it?
Our lead web developer submitted a report last week: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/to ... 72317042#1

There's also another thread with other players reporting it: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/to ... 72317042#1

And there was an API outage when 8.2 released that we can't confirm was fixed, but is likely the cause of the pet profile error: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20772307034

Feel free to make a report on the WoW forums, if one hasn't already been created. They might simply direct you to the API forums since this is an API problem though.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Melohhh
Pet Score:9441
Realm:Quel'Thalas-us

Post by Melohhh » July 1st, 2019, 8:41 pm

Koleckai wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 4:47 pm
I just updated my pet collection on the site here and went from 1054 unique pets to 2 unique pets. It should have went up to 1058 unique pets as shown in my armory.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... tions/pets
Same here :(

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 2nd, 2019, 2:28 am

Update: Blizzard finally responded to one of the threads. They're aware of and working on the problem but don't have an ETA on a fix.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/to ... 045#post-9
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Bigfire
Pet Score:13840
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Bigfire » July 2nd, 2019, 9:22 am

thank goodness. I accidentally logon to the character that I was using to import the pets, and saw my collection dropped from 1141 to 1.

Jibrille
Pet Score:10365
BattleTag®:Jibrille#1704
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Jibrille » July 2nd, 2019, 12:25 pm

I know it's not WarcraftPets fault, but I depend on this site so much and I have since Burning Crusade!! :) This all just shows us how awesome this site is. Thanks for all the hard work by everyone over the years. It's so frustrating to not be able to check which pets I need, etc. We can all patiently wait it out, no worries, but not being able to easily track what pets I am looking for is so frustrating ^_^;;

Toenail
Pet Score:13680
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Toenail » July 2nd, 2019, 3:45 pm

Morlis wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 6:04 pm
There is a WORKAROUND that works!

You just need a character that you have not logged in since BEFORE 8.2 launched. Assign that character as your WCP.com character and reload the collection.

Boom! :shock:

Any character you logged in after 8.2 launch is bugged and will reduce you to the 2 pets. :cry:

If you don't have a character that you have not logged in then I guess there is not workaround for you.

*edit* Also the character you choose has to be level 10 or over otherwise I don't thing Blizz tracks them.
The only thing that worked for me was using a character on another (un-linked) server.

Toenail
Pet Score:13680
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Toenail » July 2nd, 2019, 3:48 pm

Quintessence wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 2:28 am
Update: Blizzard finally responded to one of the threads. They're aware of and working on the problem but don't have an ETA on a fix.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/to ... 045#post-9
I wonder if having Sco in that thread made any difference. ;)

Assuming it's the same Sco lol