Update Pet Error?

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Averalorax
Pet Score:5954
Realm:Drenden-us
Re: Update Pet Error?

Post by Averalorax » June 27th, 2019, 10:17 am

I am joining the whimpering crowd. My pets have decided to go on vacation and just leave 2 behind to keep an eye on things.

The character that I am using here, has not yet signed on since 8.2 dropped, so the issue, at least for me, has nothing to do with going to the new areas. My main. who has been to both lands, isn't even on the same server. Yesterday, when I did successfully update, she had only been to Nazjatar, and not to Mechagon, which she did last night. So maybe it is going to both lands that is a problem? I will try another character who hasn't hit 100 yet, but is on my main's server.

edit: The new account worked - different character, not yet 100, different server, opposing faction. Even have the pets I gained last night.

Galana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13104
BattleTag®:framboise#1151
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Galana » June 27th, 2019, 4:03 pm

Morlis wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 6:11 pm
I too got bumped down to 2 pets.

As stated the work around did not work for me either, but I tried using a character that I have not logged in at all since before 8.2 released and I have my list back again.

Any character logged in after 8.2 released is now bugged. I tried several characters before trying the one I haven't logged in. That character is level 77 and haven't really played her in a few years. Sort of made her a AH character that I only log in to sell stuff.
Yes, thank you! I changed my character on Warcraft Pets to one that I hadn't logged onto in WoW since the patch hit and I have my pets back!!

Vephriel
MVP
Pet Score:13856
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Vephriel » June 27th, 2019, 4:08 pm

I tried switching to different characters, even ones I haven't been logged into yet since 8.2 hit, and I still only have 2 pets in my collection. :'(

I hope whatever's causing the issue gets resolved soon! Sounds like it's on Blizzard's end?

Ayvalen
Top Rater
Pet Score:12614
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Ayvalen » June 27th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Ok, so, I figured out how to work this. Switch to your main. Update. It'll show 0-2. Switch to a toon THAT HAS NOT LOGGED IN YET and update. It'll successfully update your collection. It's necessary to update off the main first so it gets the API data, then when you switch to an alternate character associated with the account it'll import the most recent data. Updating the alt without updating the main won't work.

Vephriel
MVP
Pet Score:13856
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Vephriel » June 27th, 2019, 6:04 pm

Ayvalen wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 6:00 pm
Ok, so, I figured out how to work this. Switch to your main. Update. It'll show 0-2. Switch to a toon THAT HAS NOT LOGGED IN YET and update. It'll successfully update your collection. It's necessary to update off the main first so it gets the API data, then when you switch to an alternate character associated with the account it'll import the most recent data. Updating the alt without updating the main won't work.
I did these exact steps and even my alts who I haven't touched in a week still upload with 2 pets in the collection. :(

Graendal
Pet Score:13760
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by Graendal » June 27th, 2019, 6:37 pm

I have already logged in all my characters to get the water walking mount equipment.

Shalista
MVP
Pet Score:11919
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shalista » June 28th, 2019, 10:18 am

Radiante wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 9:11 pm
So, weirdly I logged out and then changed my character to another character on the same realm and it was back to the right amount. But then I tried to change it to another alt and it didn't work. Only thing I can think of is the second character I tried had special characters in her wow name...same with the original character.
Didn't work for me :(

Frostte53
Pet Score:8905
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us

Post by Frostte53 » June 28th, 2019, 1:18 pm

I did the recommended technique and it did work for me.

Toenail
Pet Score:13704
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Toenail » June 28th, 2019, 2:57 pm

Same problem here as well.

I know the problem isn't here as the same thing is happening at Xu-Fu site. Magpie (AH checker) doesn't register that I have any pets either.

Whisperwind is my server.

Addendum: I tried other characters on Whisperwind and it still didn't work. when I used another server it worked fine.

could the problem be linked to specific servers and w/e database is being accessed?

Morghan
Pet Score:7661
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Morghan » June 28th, 2019, 5:22 pm

Same here, from more than 1000 pets, It shows just 2.

Erika_j
Pet Score:10764
BattleTag®:ErikaJ#1927
Realm:Blackrock-us

Post by Erika_j » June 28th, 2019, 8:46 pm

Same here, my pet total is now two

SinneR
Pet Score:10188
BattleTag®:Laponko#2269
Realm:Blackscar-eu

Post by SinneR » June 29th, 2019, 2:37 am

Have this trouble only with russian realms. For example at Blackscar (Черный шрам) i have only 2 pets.Trying to change character - same. Change character to my trial at Argent Dawn - 1116 pets. :shock:

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » June 29th, 2019, 8:04 am

Ayvalen wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 6:00 pm
To add to this, there sems to be some kind of level requirement for it to work. Using the same concept for Pet Magpie, I initially tried with a level 80 I hadn't logged into and nothing showed up. I tried again with a 110 I hadn't been using and got my collection to show back up just fine, including learned pets from the new zones.

edit: I wouldn't guarantee that my variation of the workaround works for everyone either. Blizzard API workarounds rarely do, you're often stuck trying to figure out what works for you. :/

Toenail
Pet Score:13704
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Toenail » June 29th, 2019, 12:16 pm

I ended up using a level 15 on another server. Switching servers is the only thing that worked.

Theddasapa
Pet Score:13949
BattleTag®:Thedd#1846
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Theddasapa » June 29th, 2019, 5:15 pm

I feel lucky that I went down to 5... I seem to have 3 or 4 more then others hahahaha

Khorghast
Pet Score:8749
Realm:Destromath-us

Post by Khorghast » June 29th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Switching to a less than max level character worked for me.

Ziv
Top Rater
Pet Score:13908
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Ziv » June 29th, 2019, 8:44 pm

It's not the same kind of bug/issue however Wowprogress is also having an updating problem. I'm on a merged realm with Draka. I have more pets than the person at the #1 spot, my profile doesn't update to show all my 8.2 pets, yet his does. Not sure what causes this but this whole patch & pets are funky. LOL

Sthompsyn
Pet Score:4252
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Sthompsyn » June 29th, 2019, 10:25 pm

yeah, I lost all credit for my pet collection, too.

So did my friend Pixiey 😤- both on Korialstrasz

Wain
MVP
Pet Score:13914
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Wain » June 30th, 2019, 10:45 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I had to switch to a low-level alt to update my collection. Mount updates are working fine (on Warcraft Mounts), so I'm not sure why the Armory is screwing up pet data.

Frchorknabe
Pet Score:8870
Realm:Khaz'goroth-eu

Post by Frchorknabe » June 30th, 2019, 12:00 pm

It's definitely on Blizzard's side - I have a profile on wowhead, and when I tried to update it after encountering the error here, it told me that this character didn't have any pets.