checklist - suggest adding trade-ability

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Silverthorn
MVP
Pet Score:13832
Realm:Staghelm-us
checklist - suggest adding trade-ability

Post by Silverthorn » December 11th, 2018, 8:57 pm

I would like to suggest adding whether or not a pet is tradeable to the checklist. Whether or not the pet is tradeable makes a huge difference as to how I can acquire it. If it is tradeable, I'll check the Auction House first, but there's no point if the pet is not cageable. This will save everyone time as they search for pets.

I would also suggest that "Approximate Drop Rate: Unknown" is literally a waste of space-- can it be removed? Especially when it really is unknown.

Lastly, the checklist is full of hidden, yet very useful links to the listed zones, vendors and achievements on WoWHead. It would be great if the Pet Name also was one of these hidden links.

Thanks for your consideration!

Silverthorn

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: checklist - suggest adding trade-ability

Post by Quintessence » December 11th, 2018, 10:43 pm

Could you clarify which 'checklist' you're referring to? Is it the 'Print Checklist' page? Or are you talking about the 'My Pet Collection' page (includes Collected, Wanted, and Excluded tabs)?

Cageable vs. not cageable on the checklist -- I'll pass along this suggestion to Breanni. What do other users think about it? If there's enough support, we may add it in the next round of site updates.

Approximate Drop Rate tooltip -- Some may find this helpful to gauge how long it might take to collect a pet. We generally list "unknown" initially and update the droprate at a later date when enough data is collected to provide an actual number.

Pet link to Wowhead -- I'll pass along this suggestion to Breanni as well. If enough users would like to see this feature added, it might be included in a future site update.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Silverthorn
MVP

Post by Silverthorn » December 12th, 2018, 1:35 am

It's the Print Checklist feature. [url]https://www.warcraftpets.com/account/checklist/[/url]

Thanks!

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » December 12th, 2018, 7:19 am

For the same functionality, use filter pets and use the 'wanted' and 'cageable' filters.
Mingyao on Madoran

Silverthorn
MVP

Post by Silverthorn » December 19th, 2018, 3:50 pm

GormanGhaste wrote:For the same functionality, use filter pets and use the 'wanted' and 'cageable' filters.
That's a great idea! Especially since the vast majority of my current want list is tradeable. It was just getting very confusing with some of the Island expedition pets being tradeable, but not others. Now, that's been corrected.

I'm all for reducing the amount of paper used when I print out the checklist. Anything that can use the empty space on the right to reduce the number of lines needed would be helpful.

Thanks,
Silverthorn

Silverthorn
MVP

Post by Silverthorn » December 28th, 2018, 4:18 pm

I see you've made the changes to the checklist-- very nice! ( https://www.warcraftpets.com/account/checklist/ ).

It occurs to me that having the date in the header would be nice as well, but the changes already made are fantastic by themselves!

--Silverthorn

Silverthorn
MVP

Post by Silverthorn » November 29th, 2022, 2:35 pm

Quintessence wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 10:43 pm
Approximate Drop Rate tooltip -- Some may find this helpful to gauge how long it might take to collect a pet. We generally list "unknown" initially and update the droprate at a later date when enough data is collected to provide an actual number.
First, thanks for all the progress improving the checklist and adding features. I still want to emphasize the importance of filtering out the Approximate Drop Rate when it is unknown. It may seem like a little thing, but if a collector were to print a checklist with all pets, there would currently be 284 instances of "Approximate Drop Rate: Unknown" and while the checklist is arguably 75 pages long, at approximately 76 lines per page, that's 3.78 pages effectively containing nothing but

Approximate Drop Rate: Unknown

You might say that, well, we're at the start of a new expansion and there's going to be information that we just don't have yet. This is true, but of those 278 instances, only 1 is coming from Dragonflight's pets. Shouldn't we already have some idea of what the drop rates are for the other 277 pets or can we just conclude that we'll never know?

Thanks,
Silverthorn