My collection has plummeted to 2 (TWO) pets.

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Treponem
Pet Score:9939
Realm:Aszune-eu
My collection has plummeted to 2 (TWO) pets.

Post by Treponem » September 10th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Having just updated my collection I seem to have plummeted to 11 points from a total of two pets. Why's this, as I have around 900

Treponem
Pet Score:9939
Realm:Aszune-eu

Re: My collection has plummeted to 2 (TWO) pets.

Post by Treponem » September 10th, 2018, 3:59 pm

After another reimport, this has now rectified itself. Panic over but I still don't understand why it happened.

Kixxot
Pet Score:3929
BattleTag®:Heisenberg56#21142
Realm:Mannoroth-us

Post by Kixxot » September 10th, 2018, 4:28 pm

The same happened to me. To fix it:

I went to "Manage Account"

Above your score, there is a selection "Connected Realm" - Make sure it is checked.

I do not know if it is a new item or if I unchecked it by mistake, but that is what the issue was in my case.

Taphs
Pet Score:13625
Realm:Tyrande-eu

Post by Taphs » September 27th, 2018, 9:51 am

Why fix this? Its great! Now we have a new 1 thousand more pets to find XD

(Thanks Kixxot, it worked for me)

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Angelcat2887 » September 27th, 2018, 4:59 pm

oh no, mine has just done it aswell, but its not fixing itself :o

Sparroew
Pet Score:13808
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Sparroew » September 29th, 2018, 1:43 am

I too just lost around 10 pets from my collection and it’s not fixing itself. I figured I would update since I got a new pet and leveled it tonight only to watch my score plummet. Something must be borked.

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tekulve2018 » September 29th, 2018, 3:23 am

Hiya all
This post made me wonder something about my collection. I have never been able to get the Guild Herald or Guild Page
to show as 'collected' here on Warcraftpets. I am not sure what I may have or have not done. I would appreciate knowing where and how to arrange for them to join my other pets in the stable and count. Mine are both upgraded to rare.
thanks
Tekulve

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 29th, 2018, 3:45 am

I'm not sure what could be causing the WarcraftPets total unique pet count to drop. It's possible the Bnet Armory is being updated and/or acting up. Hopefully it will resolve itself in a couple of days. I'll send a report over to our lead web developer if users are still experiencing a drop in their total unique pet count.

Also, please keep in mind that [url=https://www.warcraftpets.com/help/#petscore]Pet Score[/url] does not equate to total unique pets collected. You might see total unique pets collected go up, but Pet Score stay the same or go down. This is because the score takes into account pet level as well. If a player adds a lot of new pets to their collection, many might still be low lvl pets, which impacts the overall score. You can learn more about Pet Score here: [url]https://www.warcraftpets.com/help/#petscore[/url]
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » September 29th, 2018, 3:45 am

Tekulve2018 wrote:Hiya all
This post made me wonder something about my collection. I have never been able to get the Guild Herald or Guild Page
to show as 'collected' here on Warcraftpets. I am not sure what I may have or have not done. I would appreciate knowing where and how to arrange for them to join my other pets in the stable and count. Mine are both upgraded to rare.
thanks
The Herald and Page are notoriously finicky. Reviewing your Bnet Armory page, it says the character listed has not collected the Herald or Page (horde versions). Are these the 2 you're referring to? The alliance Herald and Page are appearing fine, and are flagged correctly as "collected" here on WarcraftPets.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sparroew
Pet Score:13808
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Sparroew » September 29th, 2018, 9:29 am

Tekulve2018 wrote:Hiya all
thanks
Tekulve
I remember fighting with this too on my collection. I think the way I finally resolved the issue was to temporarily set my main character in the website to the alliance character that had collected the pets and then updated the collection. Those pets are unique to each character rather than account or even faction.

Ambervon
Pet Score:6593
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Ambervon » September 29th, 2018, 3:32 pm

Noticed this today when I updated my collection - my pets went down by 9. :(

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » September 30th, 2018, 3:46 am

I have a similair problem. My unique pet count is down about 30 pets. when I update on the site sometimes it goes down to 2, but after another update (reimport) it goes back up to 919 for now, but yesterday it was saying 930. The armory page is listing all my pets. 949. Hopefully it will be fixed soon :)

As a side note (if it could possibly help find the issue). I usually update this site as well as wowprogress at the same time. It seems to be updating correctly there.

Edit: i'm not 100% sure, but it seems there are different pets missing from my collection as when i was looking yesterday. It's also pets I obtained a long time ago like Crawling Claw and Blue / Golden Mini Jouster. Not recently aquired ones.

Ultima9
Pet Score:3900
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ultima9 » September 30th, 2018, 9:17 am

I too have seen my total pet count jump around a bit - although not as drastic as the OP. Mine has hovered around being 2-4 pets off my actual count seen in-game.

Antaeus
Top Rater
Pet Score:11549
BattleTag®:antaeus#2789
Realm:Sylvanas-eu

Post by Antaeus » September 30th, 2018, 12:05 pm

Mine dropped by 30 the first time I updated collection then by another 200 the next time now I get this error when updating

ALERT: Your character was not found. Check your Armory profile. If you see "Character Not Available," it's likely due to a recent merging of your realm. If you have a character on a different realm, we suggest that you switch to that character until Blizzard resolves this issue. Note that characters must be level 10+ to import a collection.

Tried changing it to a 110 on another server but still get same problem. Also tried what Kixxot suggested but it didn't work for me.

Feliciamarie
Top Rater

Post by Feliciamarie » September 30th, 2018, 3:50 pm

Just happened to me as well. At least 20 pets were lost. It’s not WCP. I checked my armory and it’s not showing pets that I have in game nor pets I’ve bought from the b.net store :(

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 30th, 2018, 4:19 pm

Kixxot wrote:The same happened to me. To fix it:

I went to "Manage Account"

Above your score, there is a selection "Connected Realm" - Make sure it is checked.

I do not know if it is a new item or if I unchecked it by mistake, but that is what the issue was in my case.
Mine went from 986 to 841.. Enabling "Connected Realm" have made no change... Besides, Draenor-EU isn't connected to any other realm..

I have 1000+ as I have [pet]Hearthy[/pet]..

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » September 30th, 2018, 6:27 pm

It appears that receiving data from the API is not working properly at the moment. This is likely also causing the drop in total collected pet count.

From the API Bnet Forums:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20769387154
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20769387142

We'll have to wait for Blizzard to fix this issue on their end. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Fiorela
Top Rater
Pet Score:9040
BattleTag®:FelixArgyle#1765
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Fiorela » October 8th, 2018, 3:03 am

My collection wont update...