Unable to View any pages properly

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Lazuliann
Top Rater
Pet Score:9556
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Unable to View any pages properly

Post by Lazuliann » October 31st, 2017, 9:38 pm

Every time I try to navigate on WarcraftPets I am blasted with Foster Farms video ads which completely hijack the page I'm trying to view.
It's impossible to see anything on the page because the video ad keeps centering the page on itself.
No matter how much I try to scroll back to what I was looking at, the ad takes over and drags my screen back to the ad.
Sometimes there are 2 Foster farms ads, one on top and one on the bottom and the screen blinks back and forth between the two, making the page look like it's having an epileptic fit.
It was an ordeal writing this because the ad keeps repeating endlessly, but I feel you have to know about this.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Unable to View any pages properly

Post by Breanni » November 1st, 2017, 4:26 am

I'm terribly sorry about this.

Unfortunately our ad network sometimes serves up these kind of intrusive ads. It's outside of our control. I have petitioned them repeatedly about these types of ads, but it takes time for them to locate and remove them from their network. Note that I did temporarily disable ads on your account while that intrusive ad is purged from their system.

I am currently looking to partner with a different ad network. I don't mind our revenue taking a hit if it means users will have a better experience browsing our site.

Lazuliann
Top Rater
Pet Score:9556
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Lazuliann » November 1st, 2017, 8:34 am

I appreciate that, and I truly didn't mean that your revenue for the site should be disrupted in any way.
I thought it was something that admin controlled.
Thank you for explaining how the ad situation works, I understand now, that the choice of ads isn't up to on site admin.
I think they should do a better job of screening their ads, but that's the ad network's failure.
I hope the new ad network can do a better job of it.

Ken68m
Pet Score:9492
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Post by Ken68m » December 29th, 2017, 11:28 pm

Having the same problem here, hope it is fixed and you don't take a hit on the revenue.