Ads with sound

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Cheyrn
Pet Score:2080
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us
Ads with sound

Post by Cheyrn » June 10th, 2017, 12:37 am

Wowhead has ads that will blast audio for 5 seconds with hours of no sound between them. So, at 4am I will be jolted out of sleep by obnoxious talking. I think that just happened on this website. It's the only website I have open that has ads.

Do you know if ads are supposed to be quiet unless you unmute them?

Railwolf
Pet Score:3108
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Ads with sound

Post by Railwolf » June 14th, 2017, 1:46 pm

I haven't seen any ads on this site, and definitely not any ads with sound.

Use NoScript and AdBlock Plus browser plugins to prevent wowhead annoyances.

If this was really the only site open and your pc started blasting audio, it wouldn't hurt to scan your system for malware with software such as MalwareBytes.
Some malware is designed to sit in the background and simulate mouse clicks on ads for sites that generate revenue for the malware author... I suppose it's entirely possible that a side effect of this malware would be hearing the audio from ads that include it... just a guess.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: Ads with sound

Post by Paladance » June 24th, 2017, 5:14 am

The only ads I see here are banners of wowtcgloot, but on a relatively old Android I've seen an… alcohol reference.
Perhaps that Android is just slowly going south but nevertheless it is possible to display different ads for different configurations.
MMO Champion used to have this problem for several years. (Maybe it still has it, not gonna check.)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507