Can we remove mention of the Discord server?

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us
Can we remove mention of the Discord server?

Post by Painbow » May 20th, 2017, 3:29 pm

I just got kicked out of Discord because of my personality. I'm different than everyone. I talked about my love for efficiency and speed. I didn't insult anybody. I didn't swear. I didn't break any rules yet I was kicked. I was helping with the new scripting I introduced everyone to by streaming very fast Squirt battles on twitch and for some reason they found my personality offensive.

If you run a discord server, don't make it public unless you're willing to accept all sorts of personalities on it instead of just a couple.

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Re: Can we remove mention of the Discord server?

Post by Minivivi » May 20th, 2017, 6:09 pm

That's not fair.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 20th, 2017, 6:26 pm

We're currently looking into this incident. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Painbow » May 20th, 2017, 8:18 pm

Thank you Quintessence.

Just surprising. No warning. No talking to me. Not a kick -- a flat out ban. Perhaps I maybe was a little too enthusiastic and set in my ways as far as preferences. But all my contributions in chat deleted and a perm ban for that?

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » May 22nd, 2017, 7:25 pm

I just sent an email to you, Painbow.

We’ve investigated the matter on Discord and spoken with Pommie. It sounds like she was a bit hasty with the ban and a warning would have been preferable. As a result, she has removed your ban. However, there are a number of legitimate reasons why disciplinary action was taken. Please see the email for specifics.

We have officially drafted a set of WarcraftPets Discord server guidelines -– something we should have done sooner to avoid these kinds of incidents. If you decide to return to the channel, please take a look at the guidelines and be sure to observe them when posting.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I'm hopeful that this sort of thing will not happen again.