Pet locations unclear

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Oomish
Pet Score:1674
Realm:Garona-us
Pet locations unclear

Post by Oomish » March 26th, 2017, 1:28 pm

Here's my problem: I stopped playing WoW for 6 years and now I'm back. How that shakes out is that I don't remember the geography as well as I should. I've been all over the place pre-Pandaria, but I'm relearning how to get there.

Often on the site the description of where to a certain place is really vague. "Near the Argent Stand" for instance, without a zone reference or anything. Please consider listing a full zone indicator such as "Northrend>Zul'Drak" and then a compass reference from a marked point on the map, for example "South of Zim'Torga." Too many pets seemed to be referenced by local quests and for the pet tamer coming to the zone for the first time or the first time in ages, this isn't particularly helpful.

Thanks for listening.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Pet locations unclear

Post by Quintessence » March 26th, 2017, 7:23 pm

Welcome back to WoW and pet collecting!

We try and add information on where to find certain pets, NPCs or quests in situations that are not easily explained through a map marker. Otherwise, the location points can be found by clicking on the zone in the pet's tooltip on each pet profile page. This map lists the full zone at the top of the image.

If this is not sufficient enough information, please let us know which pet profiles are lacking. We'll look into specific profiles to ensure enough detail is available for collectors to find what they're looking for.

Please note that there are times where the map is missing or not yet updated. We import our maps from Wowhead; it can take a little time for maps to be updated. This is usually the case for new(er) pets.

If you come across pets that do not have a map location indicated but should, [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/contact/]let us know[/url]!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Pet locations unclear

Post by Ranok » March 27th, 2017, 8:22 pm

As far as Wild Pets go, remember that the Wowhead maps may show all points the pet has ever been found over several years. With some of the rarer pets, where only one or two may be in a zone at any time and hours between respawns, your only hope is to check out all those little dots on the map. Which may span the whole zone.

If you're having trouble locating a particular pet, look it up on Wowhead. The harder-to-find ones always have lots of comments offering suggestions, many of them giving exact coordinates where they've had success. Or failure.