Filter suggestion: many small hits

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Eillesthis
Pet Score:4007
Realm:Malfurion-us
Filter suggestion: many small hits

Post by Eillesthis » December 29th, 2016, 1:01 pm

Hello. it would be great to have a filter to search for abilities that that strike multiple times per turn but aren't described that way.

For example [ability]stampede[/ability] claims it causes 177 damage (per turn) but it's actually three hits of 59 damage (per turn). There are a bunch of abilities just like that. Similarly [ability]make-it-rain[/ability]'s initial attack (not the DoT) is split into three.

Such abilities are greatly strengthened by other abilities that add damage, and greatly weakened by other abilities that subtract damage, so it would be really helpful to be able to search for them. They could be included in the "Multiple Hit Effects" filter, or get their own filter.

Thanks!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: Filter suggestion: many small hits

Post by Paladance » December 29th, 2016, 5:23 pm

Nice suggestion. However, I'm curious a bit about the details a bit so I wouldn't have to ask separately. :P

While that wasn't apparently on your main focus, the moves you've mentioned are all indeed multi-hit ones in a way they destroy decoys, bubbles, barriers and so on.
[BTW recently added [ability]Alert[/ability]! does that too.]
But there are also other abilities that are described a bit differently (mostly dependant on speed -- with two exceptions I believe) and use two or three hits but get blocked on a single obstacle. Would you like to see them there too?

What about AoE? And what when it's split? Perhaps these are already covered tho.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Eillesthis
Pet Score:4007
Realm:Malfurion-us

Re: Filter suggestion: many small hits

Post by Eillesthis » December 29th, 2016, 8:29 pm

I didn't actually know about [pet]alarm-o-bot[/pet]'s [ability]alert[/ability]!, thanks!

In the first case I believe you mean abilities like [ability]flurry[/ability], which is dependent upon speed, and [ability]slicing-wind[/ability], which is not. Those are currently covered by the "Multiple Hit Effects" filter. (It's a little off topic but are those actually blocked in total by [ability]soul-ward[/ability] for example?)

In the second case I believe you mean abilities like [ability]arcane-storm[/ability] and [ability]arcane-explosion[/ability]. Those are currently covered by the "Team Damage" filter.

And then there's [ability]build-turret[/ability] which is the only ability I can think of that is essentially a multi-hit DoT.

I came to this by wondering what would pair the best with [ability]call-lightning[/ability], and also what would be weakest against [ability]shell-shield[/ability]. So I was counting up the maximum number of hits an ability could generate.

I have no opinion on whether all of these abilities should be covered by one filter, or by separate filters. I guess ideally there would be a filter for each type of multi-hit ability, and another for all of them together. But mainly I just want to be able to find them.