Malware in popup?

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Velys
Pet Score:4132
Realm:Nagrand-us
Malware in popup?

Post by Velys » October 12th, 2015, 1:57 pm

A fellow pet battler has reported getting a "Congratulation you have won and iPhone with an option button to cancel tu confirm. (it really says tu and not to) from iPad or smart phone.
It seems to be the only site doing this on their iPad and I will look to see if there are adblocks apps for phone and iPad.
It is about://(null) the flashes then (Edit: cannot put a link). You can only close browser and reopen to get rid of it.

I am opening this on their behalf as I don't have the issue myself. Here is the link:
Edit2: cant include a link to wow forums either...

The first part of the thread is old but the second one is from yesterday.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Malware in popup?

Post by Jerebear » October 12th, 2015, 7:16 pm

here's the link to the new post for you Velys:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14729253544#16
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » October 13th, 2015, 12:42 am

I've had problems with warcraftpets.com in my iPhone's browser (Safari) for months now... I am constantly being auto-directed to another site or to the iTunes app store, it has become a nightmare to just look at my pet collection on my phone. A post was started two different times by two different people about problems on Safari months ago and they had ads banned on their accounts. I only have problems with warcraftpets, no other sites seem to have a problem. Sometimes Wowhead is laggy on my phone, but it doesn't take me away from the website at least.

I am trying [url=https://www.ghostery.com/try-us/download-add-on/]GHOSTERY[/url] on my laptop's browser and I am very much wanting to put it on my phone--it seems to block ads really well so far!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 13th, 2015, 7:26 pm

We've contacted our ad network and let them know about the malicious ads. We're sorry for the inconvenience!

If you're experiencing malicious ads while using a browser on PC, you can help us track down the specific ad to have it removed:

1) Start up an inspector tool
- For chrome this is developer tools. It can be activated by hitting f12, ctrl+shift+i, or clicking the settings menu in the upper right, clicking tools and selecting developer tools.
- For firefox hit f12 or, if you have the firebug addon, click the icon.
- For IE hit f12.

2) While in your inspector tool, hit ctrl+f (in chrome) and type campaignid the search field that pops up.
- In firebug there is a default search field.

3) There will likely be a few results for your campaignid search. For each result, hover your mouse over the line of code until you find one that pops up a icon over the offending creative that reads "0 px x 0 px".

4) Once you've completed step 3 to ensure you're inspecting the correct ad, right click on the highlighted line of code and select "copy as HTML".

5) Paste the copied HTML into a text document or email and send it over to admin{at}warcraftpets.com with the subject line "Bad Ad - CampaignID".

Unfortunately for smart phones and iPads, this process might be impossible unless you can hook it up to a computer and run a debug mode.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Velys
Pet Score:4132
Realm:Nagrand-us

Post by Velys » October 15th, 2015, 9:13 am

Thank you very much Quintessence, Jere and Melmo everyone for your replies! I will liaise with the thread opened on the WoW forums. Cheers! :)

Harrydawson
Realm:Terenas-us

Post by Harrydawson » August 23rd, 2019, 12:38 am

I have also the same issue. I use the Safari browser on my iOS. It is really annoying when pop-ups come into my screen. Some pop-ups containing virus. My browser becomes slower. I think my safari can't verify the identity of the website. Please help me.

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » August 23rd, 2019, 7:59 am

Maybe put some Patreon money into this and actually prevent users from falling victim to cyber criminals on the website?