Using a stone on a non-battle pet...

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Profane
Top Rater
Pet Score:4105
BattleTag®:profane#1515
Realm:Zul'jin-us
Using a stone on a non-battle pet...

Post by Profane » October 9th, 2014, 11:15 pm

and it's not showing up as rare quality on the site? When I look in my journal, it's rare quality....but still shows up uncommon on the site after several clicks of the update (and everything else updates each time). Here's the pets in my journal that are showing up like this....

[pet]Guild Herald[/pet] (Horde)
[pet]Guild Herald[/pet] (Alliance)
[pet]Guild Page[/pet] (Horde)
[pet]Guild Page[/pet] (Alliance)

idk if there's a way the mods can manually go through and fix just mine (if mine is the only problem) or if there's something I can do to fix it?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Using a stone on a non-battle pet...

Post by Quintessence » October 9th, 2014, 11:25 pm

This is an issue on Blizzard's end. Pets that can't actually battle don't appear on the Blizzard armory as they do in-game. The armory lists the pet's item quality instead of the quality once it's added to your Pet Journal. WarcraftPets import relies on the data in the armory API, so whatever is saved there will be reflected in your WarcraftPets collection.

There's currently nothing that can be done until Blizzard fixes how quality is saved for these pets on their end.

We've played around with the idea of simply upgrading non-battling pets to rare quality for everyone, but this is still something that's under consideration.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Moonflame
MVP
Pet Score:683
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Moonflame » February 12th, 2015, 12:23 pm

Quintessence wrote:This is an issue on Blizzard's end. Pets that can't actually battle don't appear on the Blizzard armory as they do in-game. The armory lists the pet's item quality instead of the quality once it's added to your Pet Journal. WarcraftPets import relies on the data in the armory API, so whatever is saved there will be reflected in your WarcraftPets collection.

There's currently nothing that can be done until Blizzard fixes how quality is saved for these pets on their end.

We've played around with the idea of simply upgrading non-battling pets to rare quality for everyone, but this is still something that's under consideration.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but could the non battle pets not be listed separately on the front page?

There is currently 6 sections (Poor / Common / Uncommon / Rare / Epic / Legendary) on the front page. Would it not be possible to change the Legendary one to read (Non Battle Pets)? It would then be fairly irrelevant whether there were common, rare or otherwise.

Just a thought, but I must admit the 'commons' showing on the front page annoy me (and my OCD) a tad.

Thanks

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » February 14th, 2015, 9:59 am

I think we're leaning toward making these pets show in people's WarcraftPets collections as "rare" by default. People who don't actually upgrade them will get the points boost, but the real benefit is that these pets will no longer taunt us OCD-types.

How would you feel about this change? Please chime in with your support or objections.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » February 14th, 2015, 10:57 am

I would buy that for $1!!

Not that I am an OCD type or anything.. :roll:

Moonflame
MVP

Post by Moonflame » February 14th, 2015, 12:20 pm

Breanni wrote:I think we're leaning toward making these pets show in people's WarcraftPets collections as "rare" by default. People who don't actually upgrade them will get the points boost, but the real benefit is that these pets will no longer taunt us OCD-types.

How would you feel about this change? Please chime in with your support or objections.
Certainly sounds much better than the current situation.

I wouldn't mind them separated into their own category, but failing that default rare is certainly a great improvement. I presume they are also counted as 25 by default?

Thanks

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » February 20th, 2015, 9:36 am

I'm not sure it would make sense to have them counted as level 25, since that isn't the nature of this bug. But we would count them as rare, for sure.

Taleranor
Pet Score:11827
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Taleranor » February 21st, 2015, 7:29 pm

I'm all for them being counted as rare in the site default. Because it would drive me crazy forever if (when!) I stone them and they don't show up as such.

Moonflame
MVP

Post by Moonflame » March 7th, 2015, 5:14 pm

Breanni wrote:I'm not sure it would make sense to have them counted as level 25, since that isn't the nature of this bug. But we would count them as rare, for sure.
I did a quick mock up of the 2 images.

The top one shows converting all the non-battle pets to rare. The bottom one shows the non-battle pets in their own category, which is nice because you can then check total pets versus pets at max-level;

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » March 20th, 2015, 10:37 am

The idea of making all non-combat pets show up as Rare and level 25 is agreeable with me. I would have to say to some degree I have the OCD when it comes to seeing those pets listed as Uncommon.

I had a thought of making the Non-combat pets user configurable. I could see people not being truthful and reporting all non-combat pets rare and level 25 regardless of reality. True collectors would be honest though. I might not have suggested this idea for hundreds of pets but for a dozen or so it wouldn't take to long for each person to update. The flaw in this is it would still leave 1 pet as uncommon, since the Sky Lantern can not be upgrade by stoning. (last I heard, if Blizz fixed this I am unaware)
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Donnamartin
Pet Score:3930
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Donnamartin » March 26th, 2015, 10:02 pm

Keep in mind you CAN level up the Balloons with Battle Stones, despite it not showing their level.

Dsteere

Post by Dsteere » April 3rd, 2015, 1:39 pm

This would be so nice to at least show them as Rare's if you could. Showing them as level 25 would be even greater. Having nine greens is so annoying but I understand why WarcraftPets could not do anything due to Blizzard's limitation.

I look forward to updating my pets and showing all Rare's!

Moonflame
MVP

Post by Moonflame » April 6th, 2015, 6:06 am

Gah, now my Mystical Spring Flowers are showing up as Common, but they are Rare in game! :evil: