Idol bug?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Re: Idol bug?

Post by Luciandk » March 5th, 2014, 5:24 am

Remember that the Burning Spirit uses a rigid pattern, it will -always- cast conflagrate when it comes off CD, followed by a heal, and immolate on all other turns.

So Deflect the Conflagrate, refresh stoneskin on heal turn, spam Crush until Conflagrate comes up and deflect it again and you simply cant lose.

If youve trouble remembering enemy CDs, use a pet battle addon like Pokemon Trainer, that easy and elegantly shows enemy cds to easilly keep track of them, so you can see when a powerhit is comming up.

Note, such addons does not work in pvp, as blizzard disabled scanning enemy abilities there.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 5th, 2014, 7:49 am

FuxieDK wrote:I tried this yesterday..
First attempt, I had a 4x miss of my crush.. Naturally, I didn't even survive the dragon..
Second attempt, no misses, killed dragon with ~250 health.. Deflected first attack from spirit, was killed by second..

Gave up, and used my normal tactic.

AI have one single breed, so it's impossible for me to have the wrong breed... I fail to understand, how people can soo the entire fight with AI..
I used to solo him multiple times weekly when I was building up CT pet teams and even now he is in my current team against the dragon for daily levelling. If you are consistently having trouble with the dragon, then you are doing something incorrect (not meaning this in a mean way). I can understand the 4x miss (though if you miss more than once, then you should cancel out of the fight and start over if you are aiming to solo), but with no misses, if you came out with only 250 health, you did something out of sequence. The dragon only hits you 3 times with breath and stone skin reduces cyclone to very little damage. You should come out of that with 600+ health. The fire spirit should never hit you with conflag ever barring the very first one if you kill the dragon before deflection is available (which means you are at 900+ health instead). Are you running an addon that tells you how many turns are left on enemy cooldowns?

I'm not sure what the disconnect is, but something is out of whack. I fight this guy every day and have been for months and even before that I was soloing him when I didn't have enough pets for a faster team.

If you fight him again, takes notes on each round and post them. If crush misses on the dragon more than once, just reset and heal, but otherwise, play by play of each round, including damage taken and anub health after. I'll try to remember to do the same tonight once I am back from work.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » March 5th, 2014, 7:54 am

Luciandk wrote:Note, such addons does not work in pvp, as blizzard disabled scanning enemy abilities there.
Pokemon Trainer and PetTracker both work in PvP with their latest release. But they can only be certain which ability is slotted after this ability was used. Pokemon Trainer shows the first one and switches to the second if the second is used, PetTracker shows both and removed the wrong one after one is used.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 6th, 2014, 9:49 pm

Haven't forgot about you FoxieDK. Here are some solo play throughs I did tonight:

6 rounds against Crimson (1x Crush miss), allowing me to use deflections against all Conflags from the fire spirit

5 rounds against Crimson (0 Crush misses), forcing me to eat the very first Conflag without a deflection

If you miss with crush more than once against crimson, it is better to reset and heal if you are trying to solo. If you are doing carry pets, do the swapping during swarm on Glowy. Carry pets need to be able to survive cyclone + 1 round of swarm. I don't use sandstorm on solos due to crush needing to not miss on Crimson more than once, otherwise carry pets could be lower level.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829