Fix Anubisath Idol!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Re: Fix Anubisath Idol!

Post by Luciandk » February 21st, 2014, 10:52 am

3wd wrote:
Jerebear wrote:
Luciandk wrote:Considering the nearly consistent whining about misses on the official forums, I can easilly see why they caved in. But as you said, its created a monster that really can milk Demolish thanks to its defensive power.

Its sad when people cave in to the entitlement generation wanting satisfaction here and NOW!

And i still hold on its the miss streak protection thats breaking blinding poison. Though I do wonder how much it effectively devalues -hit abilities.

But once word about it gets out, Id hazard that we will see a massive upsurge of idols in the pvp metagame.
They claimed to have fixed how blinding poison works against demolish:

https://twitter.com/TheCrafticus/status ... 9464007680
Just see this after I made another post.

Anyhow, many players tested and found the blind/hit bug still exist.

This patch is a mess.
You sure it was tested in 5.4.7?

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » February 21st, 2014, 11:17 am

Luciandk wrote:You sure it was tested in 5.4.7?
100% sure.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 21st, 2014, 5:08 pm

Was it tested after the hotfix actually took effect on those realms (and how do we know when that is)?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us

Post by Iamwhatis » February 21st, 2014, 5:54 pm

Two different things: 1) What is the hit percentage. 2) Is it balanced?

With regard to #1: The tool tip should be correct. If it’s 65% say 65% if it’s 75% say 75% if its 50% the first time 65% the second time 75% the third time say 50% chance increases 25% with every use or some such.

With regard to #2: This is much more complicated because there are many different ways to address the issue such as decreasing the Idols health etc.

I believe the pets used in PVP all tend to be OP compared to the rest of the pets. As the metagame is currently played is the Idol OP? I think it is; but, and this is a big but, I don’t believe it is any more OP than any of the other pets commonly used in PVP. Therefore I say leave it alone. If you nerf it, in my opinion, you would just have one less pet for the PVP part of the game. For what it’s worth I use it in less than 5% of my PVP matches.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 21st, 2014, 7:36 pm

I tested a few mins ago with the wife and got it to hit during sandstorm. Tweeted the crafticus, who said they would take a look at it.

what were the other abilities that did this as well? Might as well mention them while I have his attention.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 21st, 2014, 7:45 pm

Jerebear wrote:I tested a few mins ago with the wife and got it to hit during sandstorm. Tweeted the crafticus, who said they would take a look at it.

what were the other abilities that did this as well? Might as well mention them while I have his attention.
people claims blinding poison still gets hit through with demolish.
And sandstorm doesnt give the reduction to elementals still.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 21st, 2014, 8:02 pm

yep, that's what I tested (the first one).

Edit: also tested elementals vs sandstorm.

Edit2: he thinks probably a server restart is needed for changes to take effect. We were discussing sandstorm there, so I don't know if that applies to the demolish bug.

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » February 21st, 2014, 8:47 pm

Jerebear wrote:yep, that's what I tested (the first one).

Edit: also tested elementals vs sandstorm.

Edit2: he thinks probably a server restart is needed for changes to take effect. We were discussing sandstorm there, so I don't know if that applies to the demolish bug.
basically all the hotfixes he mentioned had been not implemented in the game yet (like he said, maybe need a server restart).

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » February 22nd, 2014, 12:16 am

So he's been informed about the Elemental/Sandstorm issue yet again? I wonder when the devs are gonna wake up and fix that. Even if the Demolish bug doesn't get fixed, I will be happy if the Elemental/Sandstorm bug does. X-Mas needs to come early to pet battles this year!!

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » February 22nd, 2014, 7:08 am

Iamwhatis wrote:Two different things: 1) What is the hit percentage. 2) Is it balanced?

With regard to #1: The tool tip should be correct. If it’s 65% say 65% if it’s 75% say 75% if its 50% the first time 65% the second time 75% the third time say 50% chance increases 25% with every use or some such.

With regard to #2: This is much more complicated because there are many different ways to address the issue such as decreasing the Idols health etc.

I believe the pets used in PVP all tend to be OP compared to the rest of the pets. As the metagame is currently played is the Idol OP? I think it is; but, and this is a big but, I don’t believe it is any more OP than any of the other pets commonly used in PVP. Therefore I say leave it alone. If you nerf it, in my opinion, you would just have one less pet for the PVP part of the game. For what it’s worth I use it in less than 5% of my PVP matches.

First if you only use it 5% of your teams why do you care if it gets fixed not nerfed?
Nerfing is reducing of or taking away of a move all that is wanted here is for the high risk/ high reward move demolish hit at 50% like it is suppose to.
Why don't other high risk/ high reward 50% moves hit as well as demolish and/or are spamable like demolish.
The rest of them also have cooldowns which demolish does not .

Secondly, with sandstorm taking away all dots from the idol and rest of team and idols humanoid healing make it way Op.
Add in its third move is either a shield that goes first and blocks all or a stun you have made this pet near unbeatable.

Demolish either needs to be nerfed damage wise if it is going to hit higher than 50% specially if idol is hiding behind sandstorm which blocks dots and reduces supposedly its and its opponents hit chance.
Which only seems to lower the opponents hit chance.
Or get a cooldown it cannot stay spamable.

If one thinks it should stay as is then I know they run with at least on idol on their team.
and will pet battles stay fun if all of us are forced to have at least one idol on every team?

Jester
Pet Score:2836
BattleTag®:DoctorPhate#2435
Realm:Nemesis-eu

Post by Jester » February 22nd, 2014, 10:41 am

No one here mentioned Belly Slide? I was against a Tundra Penguin in a pvp match, he hit 3 out of 3 slides (50% chance).. anyone else noticed this?

Sorry for the OT but it was only to point out that maybe there's nothing wrong in the Demolish itself.. it's just about the silly way hit percentages work.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 22nd, 2014, 11:01 am

Jester wrote:No one here mentioned Belly Slide? I was against a Tundra Penguin in a pvp match, he hit 3 out of 3 slides (50% chance).. anyone else noticed this?

Sorry for the OT but it was only to point out that maybe there's nothing wrong in the Demolish itself.. it's just about the silly way hit percentages work.
Demolish isnt the only 50% hit skill people have found behaving strangely. Belly Slide have come up a couple times for similar hit issues. Demo is just the most visible of the skills, due to it being on such a strong defensive pet.

Jabart
MVP
Pet Score:1878
BattleTag®:jonyeh420#1172
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Jabart » February 22nd, 2014, 11:31 am

Digem wrote:If one thinks it should stay as is then I know they run with at least on idol on their team.
and will pet battles stay fun if all of us are forced to have at least one idol on every team?
I don't use Idol on any of my teams, and I have no problem with its power level the way it is. (I just wish the tooltip showed the accurate percentage.)

Therefore, your point is invalid. You really need to stop making such broad assumptions about everyone in all your arguments. We don't all think like you.
Squee and Jabart on Madoran (H)
battletag: jonyeh420#1172

Terribletim68

Post by Terribletim68 » February 22nd, 2014, 11:47 am

I feel like I have an odd Idol or something. I find that with my Idol, with Sandstorm up, Demolish misses way too much. I stopped using it because it never seemed to hit. I went back to Crush because it seemed to be hitting more often. Maybe I got a bunk Idol. :?

Mezmaron
Pet Score:11550
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mezmaron » February 22nd, 2014, 12:43 pm

Digem wrote:
Iamwhatis wrote:Two different things: 1) What is the hit percentage. 2) Is it balanced?

First if you only use it 5% of your teams why do you care if it gets fixed not nerfed?
Nerfing is reducing of or taking away of a move all that is wanted here is for the high risk/ high reward move demolish hit at 50% like it is suppose to.
Why don't other high risk/ high reward 50% moves hit as well as demolish and/or are spamable like demolish.
The rest of them also have cooldowns which demolish does not .

Secondly, with sandstorm taking away all dots from the idol and rest of team and idols humanoid healing make it way Op.
Add in its third move is either a shield that goes first and blocks all or a stun you have made this pet near unbeatable.

Demolish either needs to be nerfed damage wise if it is going to hit higher than 50% specially if idol is hiding behind sandstorm which blocks dots and reduces supposedly its and its opponents hit chance.
Which only seems to lower the opponents hit chance.
Or get a cooldown it cannot stay spamable.

If one thinks it should stay as is then I know they run with at least on idol on their team.
This is pretty much spot on. If Idol stays the way it is I guess I need to load up on a couple more.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » February 22nd, 2014, 1:07 pm

Perhaps they should just make Demolish same damage and hit as Crush, so you get to chose if you wanna be strong or weak vs beasts. Only De-Weaponized Mecahnical Companion and Tiny Harvester will then get Metal Fist which is kind of similar though weaker and higher hit, but other pets have similar choice(like Curious Wolvar Pup with either Bite or Punch in first slot, or Mulgore Hatchling with Bite or Peck).

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » February 22nd, 2014, 1:24 pm

Cloning Crush is probably the best way to deal with Demolish.

Though it probably nessecites a redesign of similar spamable 50% hitchance abilities with high damage.

But I do wonder if [ability]Cataclysm[/ability] have higher than normal chance to hit too, even if it comes with 1 turn cd.

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » February 22nd, 2014, 1:41 pm

Jabart wrote:
Digem wrote:If one thinks it should stay as is then I know they run with at least on idol on their team.
I don't use Idol on any of my teams, and I have no problem with its power level the way it is. (I just wish the tooltip showed the accurate percentage.)

Therefore, your point is invalid. You really need to stop making such broad assumptions about everyone in all your arguments. We don't all think like you.

So I am to believe you don't use one and secondly don't mind a 50% hit chance move, might I add before sandstorm which should make it 40%, hitting at a higher rate than it should?

Either you use an idol and don't want it nerfed, or belly slide which hits at same rate but at least not such a tank pet, or haven't run into this nightmare that is the idol right now.

It is as bad or if not worse than the direhorns scourge that we had at least a mechanical or two could beat them.
With the way idols are now with demolish high hit chance which also heals the idol when it does hit, sandstorm which negates dots and lowers the opponents hit chance only it seems, and it shield which goes first even though idol is slow.
It has made them almost unbeatable with that move base they take down even undead with no problem.

No one can one say it is fine as is and as it tool tip says it should work in good faith.
If you cannot see the problem come fight me anytime with one or more idols on my team and see how you do.

Jabart
MVP
Pet Score:1878
BattleTag®:jonyeh420#1172
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Jabart » February 22nd, 2014, 11:05 pm

Digem wrote:
Jabart wrote:

So I am to believe you don't use one and secondly don't mind a 50% hit chance move, might I add before sandstorm which should make it 40%, hitting at a higher rate than it should?

Either you use an idol and don't want it nerfed, or belly slide which hits at same rate but at least not such a tank pet, or haven't run into this nightmare that is the idol right now.
As I just stated, I don't use Idol. I also don't use anything with Belly Slide. I just hit 1000 PvP wins, so yes, I've encountered my fair share of them. They're good, but they're beatable; you act like Idols define the metagame.

Once again, you really need to stop making such broad assumptions about other battlers. You're wrong if you claim to "know" that anyone not crying for a nerf for Idol uses it. (Just like you were wrong when you claimed to "know" that anyone using healing strategies was intentionally stalling in the Sudden Death mechanic thread.)

If you believe the Idol needs a nerf, fine. It's a valid opinion that many people share. But you really need to knock off assuming everyone unanimously shares your opinion after they've already stated otherwise.
Squee and Jabart on Madoran (H)
battletag: jonyeh420#1172

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » February 23rd, 2014, 12:49 am

As I just stated, I don't use Idol. I also don't use anything with Belly Slide. I just hit 1000 PvP wins, so yes, I've encountered my fair share of them. They're good, but they're beatable; you act like Idols define the metagame.

Once again, you really need to stop making such broad assumptions about other battlers. You're wrong if you claim to "know" that anyone not crying for a nerf for Idol uses it. (Just like you were wrong when you claimed to "know" that anyone using healing strategies was intentionally stalling in the Sudden Death mechanic thread.)

If you believe the Idol needs a nerf, fine. It's a valid opinion that many people share. But you really need to knock off assuming everyone unanimously shares your opinion after they've already stated otherwise.[/quote]

oh it you who plans on a 75 round pet battle but it isn't stalling I forgot this is a waste of time on you because you know all.

but you seem to not notice we are here complaining about the idol in this thread. guess you missed that.

also,we want it fixed before it becomes a night mare like the direhorn scourge was or I guess you missed that too.

must be nice to like obviously ignorant