Bandages

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Bandages

Post by Badpathing » February 11th, 2014, 9:58 pm

Maybe I do not pet battle enough, and do dailies too much, but I cannot seem to use these up..and I cannot bring myself to just trash them.

Please Blizzard, DEAR BLIZZARD, please make them an account currency. Oh god please.

Re: Bandages

Post by Guest » February 12th, 2014, 8:51 am

They're Bind to Battle.Net Account.

Bank Them!

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » February 12th, 2014, 9:13 am

I do all of my dailies every day, mostly because I need stone, and I have so many bandages it's insane. I've never even come close to using them all up, even when grinding pet levels. Since they are account-bound I always mail them to 1 character for holding. They are handy though, glad they are plentiful.
@TamerWakamaru

Harpua
Pet Score:4602
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpua » February 12th, 2014, 10:09 am

I have 7 characters Horde side. 6 Alliance side (although I rarely play them).

Sending the bandages to the low level alts helps. There are a lot of wild pets I don't have and I try to catch them while questing in that zone. At the same time, I'm leveling up some of the low level pets in the stable. I can either constantly change who I'm using or just bandage them. They are quite useful.

I can see there will be a time when that won't be true. But that's not today.

It's funny how you can sell some things (Happy Pet Snack), but not others (Magical Mini Treat). But eventually we all have to cull our inventories. And if you aren't using it, delete it.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 12th, 2014, 11:08 am

Heh, I see a lot of suggestions to 'bank' them, or send them to alts. I guess I should have explained my position better. I currently have about 500 bandages on my 'bank' alt, and each of my alts (everything I play) has about 50-60 on them individually. I certainly do my best to distribute them, however it is getting out of control.

I just think making them an account wide 'currency' makes WAY more sense.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 12th, 2014, 12:44 pm

I just sell 'em, I rarely use them as is and have plenty stockpiled for the next xpac already. I personally wouldn't want them on currency tab mostly because it's not currency of any kind, though if there were a tab for something like battle pet stuff (that could hold biscuits, leashes and other pet toys) I would go for that.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 12th, 2014, 1:24 pm

Peanutty wrote:I just sell 'em, I rarely use them as is and have plenty stockpiled for the next xpac already. I personally wouldn't want them on currency tab mostly because it's not currency of any kind, though if there were a tab for something like battle pet stuff (that could hold biscuits, leashes and other pet toys) I would go for that.
Yeah, I agree about the currency tab, I was mostly using it to communicate an idea. I can see them incorporating it into the account tab (where heirlooms are going).

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » February 12th, 2014, 1:53 pm

I think they'll put the leashes there, for sure, but it doesn't seem like a place for things that are consumed on use like the growing/shrinking biscuits.

Personally, I have a stack on each toon I battle with and 4-5 stacks on my meta-banker, and then I vendor the rest. My bags are too packed with alt gearsets and crap to hold on to bandages. They vendor fairly well, iirc, ~2g a stack last time I looked.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » February 12th, 2014, 1:53 pm

Dont really think its an issue, i rarely use them, so i just dont hold on to them, i have 2 stacks on me, and should probaly just have 1, and just sell any extra i get.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 12th, 2014, 4:18 pm

Maybe it is time to sell...just so hard to do for some reason.

I keep thinking that I should hold onto EVERYTHING since I know little to nothing about what the new expac will have pet wise. Esp since I will be doing a bunch of wild catches again, and the 10% penalty.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 12th, 2014, 5:19 pm

I guess I use mine alot :lol: as I have about 80 on a banking alt and a stake on 4 different toons for tamers and battling wilds. Now that I'm out in panda land I am doing more wilds and leveling, but I usually have one pet w/ self heals Emerald whelping ( Powerful Oz ) on my team to limit the bandaging as I figure I will need them w/ xpac,, but I'm not over run w/ them. Some weeks ago someone complained about the drop of bandages and not getting enough. For those who haven't made it to panda land, I have found that Trixey, the trainer in winterspring will usually drop 3-4 bandages regularly and that trainer has drop 2 porcupette for me out of all the trainers. Drop may be random, but I'm just sayin...if u need the pet:)

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 12th, 2014, 5:39 pm

Shikon01 wrote:I guess I use mine alot :lol: as I have about 80 on a banking alt and a stake on 4 different toons for tamers and battling wilds. Now that I'm out in panda land I am doing more wilds and leveling, but I usually have one pet w/ self heals Emerald whelping ( Powerful Oz ) on my team to limit the bandaging as I figure I will need them w/ xpac,, but I'm not over run w/ them. Some weeks ago someone complained about the drop of bandages and not getting enough. For those who haven't made it to panda land, I have found that Trixey, the trainer in winterspring will usually drop 3-4 bandages regularly and that trainer has drop 2 porcupette for me out of all the trainers. Drop may be random, but I'm just sayin...if u need the pet:)
Well, I guess part of the reason I have so many is that I build my trainer teams in such a way that I do not reuse a particular pet in the time it takes for my free pet heal to reset. Which means, I don't use band-aids to do the healing most of the time. I also do all the trainers (not every day, but frequently) and do very little random pet battles (read that as, I level via trainers for the most part).

All in all, that means I get band-aids but do not use them. So, I have somewhere around 500 or 600 band-aids across my 9 level 90s (and incidentally, I think I am sitting on around 70 pet stones or so now).