Help me with my pet tourny guide

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Bignasty
Top Rater
Help me with my pet tourny guide

Post by Bignasty » February 9th, 2014, 3:11 am

I know, I know, there are LOTS of guides out there that are prettier than mine, but are there any more practical. i would love your feed back on teams you use than might double up with pets I'm already using. I have my list down to 28 lvl 25's to finish all 3 sets of trainers and 4 bosses, but maybe you know something I dont, a better team maybe, I'm open to everything, and if you have nothing to input, maybe this guide will help you :)

http://bit.ly/1erXR85

edit*forgot link, its been a long day

Pselaphon
MVP
Pet Score:5167
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Re: Help me with my pet tourny guide

Post by Pselaphon » February 9th, 2014, 10:55 am

If i may suggest, take a look at the Wowhead guide of user mel9525 :

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1827/how-to-easily-beat-the-celestial-tournament#pet-lists-original-pet-list
Last edited by Pselaphon on February 23rd, 2014, 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » February 9th, 2014, 3:22 pm

Hi Bignasty, nice list!

Few questions:

On Taran Zhu you are spamming Agony alot... is there a reason not to let it tick on the 2nd round and do more damage? Did you just put all the 1's in there to save space? Crawling Claw solo's Taran Zhu?

Were you trying to use as few pets as possible to do the whole tournament? You must have to do alot of heal/forfeiting with these teams using the same pet multiple times. What happens if you get a bad crit and lose one?

You might want to put breeds on the list as well as it could make a difference.

Looking forward to putting some of these teams as back ups, thanks for the list. :)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 9th, 2014, 4:52 pm

I haven't tried the method listed, but one reason for dropping Agony's damage MIGHT be to keep him from Feigning early. I do something similar with how I use a Death Adder against him.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Bignasty
Top Rater

Post by Bignasty » February 9th, 2014, 8:21 pm

Moonie1 wrote:Hi Bignasty, nice list!

Few questions:

On Taran Zhu you are spamming Agony alot... is there a reason not to let it tick on the 2nd round and do more damage? Did you just put all the 1's in there to save space? Crawling Claw solo's Taran Zhu?

Were you trying to use as few pets as possible to do the whole tournament? You must have to do alot of heal/forfeiting with these teams using the same pet multiple times. What happens if you get a bad crit and lose one?

You might want to put breeds on the list as well as it could make a difference.

Looking forward to putting some of these teams as back ups, thanks for the list. :)
It seems I'm lazy and forgot to separate the moves for the pets in regards to the Taran fight, when that fight comes around again I'll break them up into the pets moves, adding breeds is a great idea, I'll def add that, and yes the idea was to use as little pets as possible, these fights have however been put together with very few forfeits/heals needed, yes there is the 1 bad round RNG, but I run these fights over and over using the same moves to confirm all strats are the norm and not finishing them due to lucky RNG for me of them. the biggest healing comes from needing to heal chrom and water spirit as they are used 3 times one week and at least 2 every other week. for this I use whatever AOE pet I feel like, Blossoming Ancient is a personal fave though. if the pets are used more than one week I tend to do the double up fight first so quitting is an option.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13920
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » February 9th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Just posted this, it may help

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9487