bugs bugs bugs (5.4)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us
Re: bugs bugs bugs (5.4)

Post by Poofah » February 5th, 2014, 4:49 pm

3wd wrote:Sometime it happens when the elementals die during that 3 rounds of sons, but in some cases, the bug will happen when certain skills used on the other side, either way it's a very buggy skill.
Can you list any specific skill that can cause it, when used on the other side? Farmer Nishi has a pet that uses Sons of the Root, so I could test it there.
Jabart wrote:I use (and go against) Val'kyr all the time, and I have positively never seen her fail to revive from a Haunt when she is supposed to. The only times she fails to revive are when she is supposed to fail to revive (eg: when losing in a game of Haunt roulette).
I haven't seen it personally either, but that's the nature of bugs: they tend to only crop up infrequently and under very particular circumstances, or else they'd have been caught on PTR. I've seen people complain about their Valk not rezzing enough times to think there's something to it (ie, when it's clear that the Haunt debuff was successfully applied to the opponent).

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » February 5th, 2014, 5:45 pm

Poofah wrote:
3wd wrote:Sometime it happens when the elementals die during that 3 rounds of sons, but in some cases, the bug will happen when certain skills used on the other side, either way it's a very buggy skill.
Can you list any specific skill that can cause it, when used on the other side? Farmer Nishi has a pet that uses Sons of the Root, so I could test it there.
You can try these testing :

1. use sons of X vs sons of X, when both side use this same type of sub skill in the same round, it has a pretty high chance to crash the game.
2. use skill like burrow vs sons, it could cause issue also, I believe sometime you can actually attack the elemental by using burrow and once it got hit, the game will be crashed.
3. use dots to kill the elemental during the 3 rounds of sons could cause problems also - and even though the game may not end, sometime strange thing could happen too, say if your dots killed the lil rag in the first round of the sons, the remaining sons can still do damage to your pet.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » February 5th, 2014, 5:59 pm

3wd wrote:2. use skill like burrow vs sons, it could cause issue also, I believe sometime you can actually attack the elemental by using burrow and once it got hit, the game will be crashed.
This part makes sense, because when the pet uses Sons of the Flame/Root, they are considered 'underground', and they can be hit by other pets that are 'underground' (which is basically just Burrow, and Quake/Tympanic Tantrum). So maybe if a pet dies while 'underground', that messes up the game?

For example, against Courageous Yon, I use Lil XT, and the fight always ends with Yon's rabbit dying while burrowed. The fight instantly stops when the rabbit dies, and there's no floating text for the damage done to the rabbit, and my pets don't step forward to do their usual level-up animation. But despite this, the quest completes, my pets get XP, and the combat log shows everything correctly. So I assumed it was just a display issue, but maybe when the rabbit dies underground, that forces the pet battle to quit prematurely? And since Yon has no other pets, I get credit for the win; but if he did, then maybe the fight would force-quit as a draw?

So, has anyone had a pet battle quit early when a pet dies while Burrowed? Lift-Off presumably could work the same way as well.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370

Post by Jerebear » February 5th, 2014, 6:22 pm

I haven't payed much attention to if the beaver was submerged or not, but I have Aki the chosen end early all the time. I'll have to keep an eye out.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Snowyjoe
Pet Score:2540
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Snowyjoe » February 5th, 2014, 7:40 pm

I actually found this out today
I was able to complete the Taming the World achievement but I've only defeated 2 of the Pandarian tamers.... (I've defeated all the other ones up till Cataclysm though) Image

The requirements might of been changed.... but from what I can tell I think this is a bug

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » February 5th, 2014, 7:48 pm

from what I recall about that one, you only have to defeat 40 tamers for the ach, ie you can do some multiple times and have it count for each attempt when you do the dailies.

Oh yes: just remembered. What about The Longest Day achievement? Does that one stil fail to reward the Marked Flawless battle stone?

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » February 5th, 2014, 7:51 pm

Snowyjoe wrote:I actually found this out today
I was able to complete the Taming the World achievement but I've only defeated 2 of the Pandarian tamers.... (I've defeated all the other ones up till Cataclysm though) Image

The requirements might of been changed.... but from what I can tell I think this is a bug
Actually that looks right. All the tamers prior to Pandaria=38, plus 2 in Pandaria=40, which is the achievement.

Snowyjoe
Pet Score:2540

Post by Snowyjoe » February 5th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Oh right, sorry.
I forgot they changed it from 45 to 40... yeah that makes sense.
Sorry everyone!!!

Adezero
Pet Score:3572
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Adezero » February 6th, 2014, 5:57 pm

3wd wrote:Add one more to the list :

- this is specifically related to Fossilized Hatchling.

After the hatchling will use a bonestorm, and then proceed to use either Bone bite of claw in the next round, sometime you will see some insane damage number doing to your pet. Both Bone bite and claw should do some where around 325 - 395 dmg, but you can see the damage figure going up to around 600 or so.

I have seen this happened many times, I am not 100% sure but will guess this is just a display bug, which the damage done by the bonestorm was never displayed correctly in the last round , hence somehow it was added to the attack in this round.

But as I said, I am not 100% sure if this is a display only bug, as it could actually do more damage than it should be.
I have also noticed this 600 damage hit after bonestorm, clearly a bug.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » February 6th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Adezero wrote:I have also noticed this 600 damage hit after bonestorm, clearly a bug.
Can you give me some ideas on how to recreate it? What pets were involved and were there any buffs/debuffs?

Adezero
Pet Score:3572
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Adezero » February 6th, 2014, 7:27 pm

Poofah wrote:
Adezero wrote:I have also noticed this 600 damage hit after bonestorm, clearly a bug.
Can you give me some ideas on how to recreate it? What pets were involved and were there any buffs/debuffs?
I;ve seen it multiple times when I open with unborn valkyr, I curse of doom first, he bonestorms, then his next hit does 600 damage for some strange reason, after that I haunt.

Ryu99

Post by Ryu99 » February 7th, 2014, 12:11 pm

Luciandk wrote:Oh yes: just remembered. What about The Longest Day achievement? Does that one still fail to reward the Marked Flawless battle stone?
That one appears to be fixed, i finally got round to doing this the other day and a Stone was dropped straight into my inventory.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840

Post by Badpathing » February 7th, 2014, 2:14 pm

Dunno how repeatable it is, but I have seen it before. Last night my Haunt missed an Anub 4 times in a row. I realize it is statistically possible, but that chances are extremely low, and I have seen it happen before.

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » February 8th, 2014, 11:58 am

Got another bug that I never realized anyone mentioning:

"Batter" (but probably all similar mechanics) continues to hit even if the pet doing it is already dead. Back in the time I was doing the legendaries it nearly everytime happened against Gorespine. Since his damage shield can do a lot of damage (beast enrage/lightning storm) it often happened that my mechanical raptor died the first or second hit of his batter by reflective damage - but no problem: he still gets all his hits in even while being a corpse he can still kill Gorespine. (and no I don't forgot the racial, that was already "used").

Can be relatively easy reproduced: Mech. Yeti->Storm, hit Gorespine until dead (usually 2 rounds), switch in Cogblade Raptor (I used S/S), Debuff, Batter until one of them dies - depending on the skills gorespine uses and the crits appearing both could be dead after 2 rounds - and at about ~25% of the cases cogblade raptor dies while also killing Gorespine.

Not a problem for any pvp though.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » February 8th, 2014, 4:55 pm

I have seen this happen, but only as a display bug. E.g. I have often seen a rabbit use flurry against a reflection ability, and die on the 1st or 2nd hit, and continue to hop around (as a corpse) doing his Flurry animation. But the 'dead' flurries didn't do damage, according to the combat log or floating text.

Pselaphon
MVP
Pet Score:5167
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Pselaphon » February 10th, 2014, 12:15 pm

[ability]Dive[/ability] and [ability]Burrow[/ability] both state "...becoming unattackable for one round".
Underground abilities will land on the so called "unattackable".

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 10th, 2014, 12:26 pm

Cryptchick wrote:[ability]Dive[/ability] and [ability]Burrow[/ability] both state "...becoming unattackable for one round".
Underground abilities will land on the so called "unattackable".
Not a bug. More of an unclear description. Abilities like those or like Lift off move you to a different level, above or below ground, and attacks that happen from that level can hit those pets. Things like Tympanic Tantrum or Quake specifically say that they can hit pets below ground.

Pselaphon
MVP
Pet Score:5167
Realm:Maelstrom-us

Post by Pselaphon » February 10th, 2014, 12:31 pm

It's not a bug (perhaps).
Just an unclear description, i do agree.
OP asked for them too.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » February 10th, 2014, 2:04 pm

Cryptchick wrote:Just an unclear description, i do agree.
Yes, it's very unclear. It's interesting that pets have a 'level' status (Underground, or Soaring) that the game keeps track of. You would never guess from the tooltips that the level status has any functional significance, but it clearly does: underground pets can hit other underground pets, soaring pets can hit soaring pets but not 'normal' or underground pets. The combat log announces the pet's status when it burrows or lift-offs, and the interactions are mostly intuitive, so it seems clear that it's an intended interaction, but it's very poorly documented ingame.

So it's probably as simple as a tooltip fix, but it's definitely worth mentioning -- I'll edit accordingly.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » February 10th, 2014, 2:32 pm

I added a couple PvP-related issues that I had forgotten.

Can anyone comment on the Sleeping Gas bug? Sleeping Gas is known to be able to chain-sleep pets, in spite of Resilience. I'm wondering if this is because Resilience is not correctly proccing from Sleep abilities? Or, there is another oddity with Resilience that could be responsible. The Resilience buff pops up when the CC debuff wears off, not when the CC is applied. Therefore, if another CC hits before the old CC debuff wears off, then Resilience is not in place and the new CC will be applied. I'm not sure if this bug is responsible for the chain-sleeping behavior of Sleeping Gas, or if there is a distinct bug with Sleeping Gas.